The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scalecaller - must kill all mobs for speed?

Mureel
Mureel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
We have been farming scale, but we skip the adds wherever possible and we are getting done well within speedrun times. I see it lists the ach like 'all encounters' and then the bosses like usual.

By 'all encounters' does this mean every single mob?

Or all up to first boss and then the one right before the 2nd to last boss?

I'm not bothered either way, but I would like confirmation whether it is all mobs in the place or just certain ones that count as 'encounters' as listed in the speed run ach.

Thanks in advance!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to kill every single mob for speed-run. Me and my group even went back after killing the last boss to take care of some harpies. After we killed the harpies we got the speed run achievement
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    You need to kill every single mob for speed-run. Me and my group even went back after killing the last boss to take care of some harpies. After we killed the harpies we got the speed run achievement

Same exact thing happened with our group. Thankfully had a mag sorc that was able to streak to find last harpy with 10 seconds left.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it only the case with the two newest dungeons or did they start applying this to the older ones too?
    Because I remember getting the speed run of Falkreath Hold by running through and skipping a lot of the mobs.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    Is it only the case with the two newest dungeons or did they start applying this to the older ones too?
    Because I remember getting the speed run of Falkreath Hold by running through and skipping a lot of the mobs.

Only for the new dungeons.

During one of the ESO Live episodes around the time of the HotR PTS, @ZOS_Finn stated that they didn't like that people skipped enemies to get speedruns, and that future speedruns will require killing everything. But he also indicated that this would only affect future dungeons, not the HotR or earlier dungeons.
    Edited by code65536 on February 26, 2018 8:50PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

<3 TY!!!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

During one of the ESO Live episodes around the time of the HotR PTS, @ZOS_Finn stated that they didn't like that people skipped enemies to get speedruns, and that future speedruns will require killing everything. But he also indicated that this would only affect future dungeons, not the HotR or earlier dungeons.

oh cool TY! Yeah I don't watch all those :( Thanks so much!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, we got the speed directly after I read your replies xD <3 all!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

saturday, maintank got stuck in a pillar in vAA, he got out by travelling to leader, and only he got he timeachievement for VAA!
    so much to time-achievments in ESO.........
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

saturday, maintank got stuck in a pillar in vAA, he got out by travelling to leader, and only he got he timeachievement for VAA!
    so much to time-achievments in ESO.........

Oh dear xD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God reading how well you guys did shows me how crappy our tank and PuG was.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Wrong dungeon.
    Edited by Hutch679 on February 28, 2018 6:51PM
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was very bad dungeon/achievement design that required you to die/skip adds in all of the dungeons up to this point to get speed run. Hopefully now that they've made it where you have to kill everything, they also gave people a little more time. Knowing Zenimax, they didn't. These new dungeons are a whole new level of brutal.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't attempt hardmode at the last boss, the speedruns are rather easy in the two new dungeons.
    In Scalecaller Peak, we did the Skeever-Achievement (where you have to avoid the AoE from Skeever corpses throughout the whole dungeon) and even though we were standing around quite often, waiting for AoEs to disappear, we got the speed run. At one point, five skeevers run at you but are unable to pass through a door, we wasted several minutes just to get past those.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to see falkreath speed done with doing so.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is someone Finn or Rich spoke about on ESO Live a long while back when it became clear people were just cheesing past encounters to get speed runs etc. Kind of glad it's slowly coming into play.
    Edited by Turelus on March 1, 2018 5:12PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

I want to see falkreath speed done with doing so.

Falkreath is pretty easy. I typically only skip the trash before the first boss (because they are so easy to bypass) and then kill everything else (even the ghosts in the side rooms to work towards that cleansing achievement), and we'd get speedrun with plenty of time to spare. Not skipping the first trash would only save a minute or two.

Bloodroot and Mazzatun, on the other hand, are much harder to get speedruns for without any skips.

@Yngol had done both Falkreath and Bloodroot non-skip speedruns:
    He also has Mountain God from Scalecaller, which I had the good fortune to be a part of:
    Edited by code65536 on March 1, 2018 5:52PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This is someone Finn or Rich spoke about on ESO Live a long while back when it became clear people were just cheesing past encounters to get speed runs etc. Kind of glad it's slowly coming into play.

Take vBloodroot as an example. The 20 minute time is absolutely horrible designed. That´s why people were skipping adds in there, because it was close to impossible to get a speedrun unless you only fought the bosses in there. Apparently ZOS have realised that since the time limit on the new dungeons are more reasonable than the ones from HotR.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Take vBloodroot as an example. The 20 minute time is absolutely horrible designed. That´s why people were skipping adds in there, because it was close to impossible to get a speedrun unless you only fought the bosses in there. Apparently ZOS have realised that since the time limit on the new dungeons are more reasonable than the ones from HotR.

The bloodroot one is not impossible at all. You just need to group the mobs cleverly :smile:
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally understand having to do all encounters for speed runs but what I do not understand is how trash is an encounter.

It's a cheap, bogus way to stretch the time.

We did it, but still, just a bunch of trash feels like what it is; a bunch of trash.
    Edited by Mureel on March 24, 2018 6:30PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip: do Scalecaller with 3 DPS and 1 tank. Takes like 10 minutes to complete, if that.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like them adding crap like this. Skipping mobs is a legitimate strategy. Moreover, you can accidentally miss some and not get the achievement. It stretches the time and makes it needlessly harder. Was the community - who it effects, consulted about this or did a developer 'know best' and just go ahead with it? Seems like it was implemented by a very petty developer.

My annoyance is because the worm wizard personality ( I know we're talking scalecaller, but assume the same goes for FL) looks cool but for me is currently unobtainable. Since I can't find a decent group to get together with and learn the mechanics stage by stage. The developers shouldn't be adding needless caveats to achievements just to make them inaccessible for the wider player base. Its *** in the extreme.

Hopefully this gets ditched going forward. No need.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pro tip: do Scalecaller with 3 DPS and 1 tank. Takes like 10 minutes to complete, if that.

Prefer not to try and make cutting a whole role from game play the meta. I wouldn't like it to have helped with first clear, speed, no deaths and then be told sorry 3dps only for x.

Besides, I don't personally understand the need to make anything recreational 5 mins faster. Like what are you going to do for those 5 mins? Stand on a rock at Rawl Kha looking at yourself?

Maybe you play with low dps, but with all 3 roles we finish in 15-18 ish min.
    Edited by Mureel on March 27, 2018 1:58PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like them adding crap like this. Skipping mobs is a legitimate strategy. Moreover, you can accidentally miss some and not get the achievement. It stretches the time and makes it needlessly harder. Was the community - who it effects, consulted about this or did a developer 'know best' and just go ahead with it? Seems like it was implemented by a very petty developer.

My annoyance is because the worm wizard personality ( I know we're talking scalecaller, but assume the same goes for FL) looks cool but for me is currently unobtainable. Since I can't find a decent group to get together with and learn the mechanics stage by stage. The developers shouldn't be adding needless caveats to achievements just to make them inaccessible for the wider player base. Its *** in the extreme.

Hopefully this gets ditched going forward. No need.

I understand your frustration, but trash will not make or break your HM. That's the thing you'll need to worry about.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moreover, you can accidentally miss some and not get the achievement.

The trash in these dungeons are very hard to accidentally skip.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first scalecaller speed run we skipped all the trash, killed the boss, did not get the achievement, went back to the beginning, ran through killing all the trash we had skipped, and got the achievement with seconds to spare.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first scalecaller speed run we skipped all the trash, killed the boss, did not get the achievement, went back to the beginning, ran through killing all the trash we had skipped, and got the achievement with seconds to spare.

I think you are the one who told me that before, yeah, but we'd already left the instance to get sorted for raid at the time I'd read your response.
    Edited by Mureel on March 27, 2018 6:30PM