Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VET Maelstrom Arena XBOX too difficult

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    We did it on 200 cp.... with no save points years ago...

This is a learning issue, NOT a L2P I don't agree with the "L2P" BS.

It's a steep learning curve it was for everyone at the start and at your CP it IS going to be a challenge.

I play on PS4 and PC I assure you the difficulty is the same so not sure where that's coming from.

If you were specific with what round on the ice stage you're struggling with I could of went into massive detail in showing you how to get this done. However it does appear that most of your complaints surround LAG and or Mechanics changing.

Let's address LAG - This is on you... not the game so many people complain about this and honestly most have no idea what they are talking about. If you lag it's something you need to sort out with hardware/cabling or your ISP - if you don't want to do this you can just leave vma for the time being.

The Mechanics changing - This is kinda true - the boss does the same thing, cleave (knock down), AOE stomp as well as LINE aoe. He WILL do different things depending on your PROXIMITY from him so bare this in mind.

Sigil timing is also key especially on your CP.

What you can do is start Defensive platform - Collect DAMAGE sigil off the bat - BURST - collect Defense before moving off just before he smashes - (mitigates boss - ghost - malee and ranger) -
    Go to Healing platform DPS boss - when adds spawn to your right against the wall back up healing sigil - mitigate mage/malee/boss and 5-8 seconds of ghost.

Last platform - depending on class - DPS boss - when adds spawn ulti - spin around boss 360 degrees constantly and chuck a few dodge rolls to mitigate ranger/mage.

This should get you by without dramas.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, just make a petsorc and practice a little. You'll be farming vMA in no time. I just got my best time today with 56 minutes and 7 seconds. Probably nowhere near the fastest time, but still halfway decent. I can't even hit 30K dps on my petsorc because i'm dumb, but if I can still farm vMA and get Flawless Conqueror on Xbox, you can beat it too.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kumbiya wrote: »
    But seriously, look up videos on how to do each stage and look for guides (Alcast for example has good baseline information) on vMA for your class, which would include information about the best skills and gear to run. Ask guildmates for advice on your rotation if your DPS is low. You'll wipe a lot starting out (I died at least 100 times my first time clearing), especially if you have low CP, but it gets a lot easier from there.

It gets soooooo tiring hearing people complain endlessly without putting any effort into improving themselves so they can better do the content. If you want a faceroll instance just do it on normal...

You obviously didn’t read or have missed the entire point of the thread. My issues is that between platforms content should be the same. If I can clear vet malestrom on PC with a character half the CP with barley any issues at all, then that content on Xbox should at least have similar results. This isn’t an issue of “getting better” lol! I have over 500 attempts into something that normally takes 2-3 maximum. There is a serious issue with VET malestrom on Xbox at least for me and others I know. Like I said at first I though it was an incorrect and sloppy port of the content to console but now I am realizing that this content on Xbox is just broke in so many ways compared to other platforms. All I’m saying is at least out the effort into making the content somewhat similar on all platforms. No amount of “getting good” is going to help me overcome the myriad of issues that exist with the XBOX version.

Also with vet malestrom on Xbox alone I have spent hundreds of hours, 7 different gear builds, all the endless hours spent farming gear, 10 different skill setups and rotations, countless hours researching, weeks spent on paractice dummies, endless hours spent Calculating every stat with three different skill calculators trying to find a solution, and this is just vet malestrom so don’t talk to me about putting in effort. I wouldn’t have started the post if I didn’t already put in more effort than most of the average players in this game.

Wow if you can clear vma pretty easy but cant even do it on xbox it must be pretty damn easy on pc.
    It may not be a getting good in general issue but it may be a 'get good on xbox' issue. It really comes down to either your connection on xbox is ten times worse than anyone else on the server, or you just arent good on console.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    You say it's easy on PC but Reading from your posts it's clear that you Havent cleared vma on any platform. You base that on other players completing it in videos.
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm capped and have been for a long time, I also did maelstrom for the first time back when they gave you jewellery for a reward half the time and no weapon guarantee. Since then they have nerfed it beyond belief. It is a lot easier than it once was and quite frankly if they nerfed it any more it wouldn't be worth it.

Like you, I struggled endlessly learning the ways of maelstrom but a year or two later I can do a run in an hour flawlessly. You have to remember it is endgame material no matter how much cp you have. It is more mechanic based and from my experience if you die multiple times on the same thing, walk away, watch some tactic videos and go back when you've cooled down.

If you're on Xbox and still stuck I don't mind helping you through or pointing out some small tips if you need. Just hit me up. Keep at it and you will get it.