The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

VET Maelstrom Arena XBOX too difficult

KillingUGirl
KillingUGirl
✭✭✭
Yep yet another thread whining about how difficult VET malestrom is but seriously it is Rediculous. It needs a serious nerf or at least should scale to your level. I am now on my 372 attempt on level 5 frozen rink. I am cp 450 and I have tried 6 builds that are supposed maelstrom builds by people doing it online at levels way lower than myself. And no excuse but the lag is horrific in malestrom most times the walls don’t even res in, and I’m usually 3-5 seconds behind. Many times I have had the boss at 1% and either froze for a few seconds , or Lagged out completely and crashed. Not to mention that many times I’ll respawned and before even being in the game one platform has already been destroyed and there are 5-6 adds and I haven’t even started yet lol. Maybe for max cps it’s no big deal but this should not be impossible at level 450. Seriously attempting this has made me never to want to play eso ever again. (I know dramatic but serioulsy) I can solo a handful of vet dungeons I should be able to do malestrom without wanting to sear my flesh off.

At least make the mechanics constant. After so many attempts I have learned the mechanics inside and out and they are constantly changing. If I do the same exact thing twice there will be two different outcomes as far as add spawns and boss mechanics. If you do the same exact thing the mechanics should stay the same as well and not change haphazardly. For instance, sometimes the boss will do 2 mechanics before smashing the platform others he will just smash the platform within 2-3 seconds of reaching it with no first mechanic warning. I know many will refute this but no matter what I say your wrong after 372 attempts I’ve seen it. Although this simply may have to do with the outrageous amount of lag in malestrom, so timing is actually varied and really there is no constant to measure by. Most battles my screen will actually freeze for a few seconds and a few seconds is life or death in malestrom.

Then it dawned on me all the videos I have watched are all on pc. And yep sure enough doing it on pc was a cakewalk compared to Xbox. Do they even take things like this into consideration when porting to console. Why is it child’s play on pc but impossible on Xbox? They should take into consideration lack of keyboard and mouse. I mean it is night and day between the two platforms. And sure having content geared towards high level cps keeps them interested in the game but give them a separate hard mode.

Readjust Xbox malestrom to at least make it enjoyable and not a lag infested gruesome nightmare. Or at least make it comparable to the difficulty on PC. And I apologize for the rant but after so much effort I’ve earned the right lol!! Let the flaming begin.
Edited by KillingUGirl on March 19, 2018 6:27PM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the better xbox then.
  • KillingUGirl
    KillingUGirl
    ✭✭✭

Lol good solution spend more money to get their game to perform better. You are correct but that shouldn’t be the solution.

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before i moved to PS4, I tried vMA a few times and gave up due to the lag. Seems better on PS4 and doable at lower CP. That said, there will be people on xbox who can breeze through it even at your level. That is in no way playing down how awful it can get on xbox. Been there and wouldn't go back. No idea if things have improved since the 'S' and new xbox.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep yet another thread whining about how difficult VET malestrom is but seriously it is Rediculous. It needs a serious nerf or at least should scale to your level. I am now on my 372 attempt on level 5 frozen rink. I am cp 450 and I have tried 6 builds that are supposed maelstrom builds by people doing it online at levels way lower than myself. And no excuse but the lag is horrific in malestrom most times the walls don’t even res in, and I’m usually 3-5 seconds behind. Many times I have had the boss at 1% and either froze for a few seconds , or Lagged out completely and crashed. Maybe for max cps it’s no big deal but this should not be impossible at level 450. Seriously attempting this has made me never to want to play eso ever again. (I know dramatic but serioulsy) I can solo a handful of vet dungeons I should be able to do malestrom without wanting to sear my flesh off.

At least make the mechanics constant. After so many attempts I have learned the mechanics inside and out and they are constantly changing. If I do the same exact thing twice there will be two different outcomes as far as add spawns and boss mechanics. If you do the same exact thing the mechanics should stay the same as well and not change haphazardly. I know many will refute this but no matter what I say your wrong after 372 attempts I’ve seen it. Although this simply may have to do with the outrageous amount of lag in malestrom, so timing is actually varied and really there is no constant to measure by. Most battles my screen will actually freeze for a few seconds and a few seconds is life or death in malestrom.

Then it dawned on me all the videos I have watched are all on pc. And yep sure enough doing it on pc was a cakewalk compared to Xbox. Do they even take things like this into consideration when porting to console. Why is it child’s play on pc but impossible on Xbox? They should take into consideration lack of keyboard and mouse. I mean it is night and day between the two platforms. And sure having content geared towards high level cps keeps them interested in the game but give them a separate hard mode.

Readjust Xbox malestrom to at least make it enjoyable and not a lag infested gruesome nightmare. Or at least make it comparable to the difficulty on PC. And I apologize for the rant but after so much effort I’ve earned the right lol!! Let the flaming begin.

Honestly, it is all about learning YOUR style and adopting it to vMA. Following a guide from someone else can get you pointed in the right direction, but you have to play to your own strengths and weaknesses. This might mean taking more of a defensive stance at first, since DPS isn't usually the issue in there.

Btw; I use an Xbox controller for my clears too. I had to rebind some of the buttons in order to facilitate my weak areas, and honestly, the controller is very fluid once you get used to how the fights go.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I''m on PS4 and the lag isn't bad most of the time but occasionally it gets to the teleport stage and I just shut it down and try again when it's really bad. I think you need to come over to the dark side >:) .
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought vMA was a pain on the Xbox mainly because it seems laggier and performs a lot worse.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you die on stage five, use the wayshrine. This resets the timer on the trolls. Which will help you time the fights better to deal with the troll. Otherwise it'll spawn at different times each time you rez within the arena.

If your on the boss fight, my suggestion is start on the island with the speed buff. Do damage to boss, when adds spawn ignore the boss and kill them (archer and melee guy). Then back to boss. at 75 % the boss will break the first island, grab the sigili and move to the island with the health sigil, grab that one too. About this time a troll will apear, focus troll first, ranged adds, then boss. At 45% the boss will break this island. Go to the final island and grab both sigils and focus the boss (and troll) ignore everything else.

The ONLY dps race is on the final island, so don't rush the fight and get overwhelmed by adds and not have an island to fight on.

Ranged casters are priority on these stages as they will be the most destructive.

It took me over 8 hours to beat the arena the first time, there is nothing about it that's easy the first time. When you do finally beat it, you'll be a better player overall.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hated the frozen stage with every fiber of my being until I learned it's actually about controlling your DPS and not flooring it, as I had never experienced a dps choke-point like that before there. Got past it immediately.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made it to level 3 and just can't bring myself to go back. I really need the weapons but it's just so tedious and boring.
  • KillingUGirl
    KillingUGirl
    ✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    If you die on stage five, use the wayshrine. This resets the timer on the trolls. Which will help you time the fights better to deal with the troll. Otherwise it'll spawn at different times each time you rez within the arena.

If your on the boss fight, my suggestion is start on the island with the speed buff. Do damage to boss, when adds spawn ignore the boss and kill them (archer and melee guy). Then back to boss. at 75 % the boss will break the first island, grab the sigili and move to the island with the health sigil, grab that one too. About this time a troll will apear, focus troll first, ranged adds, then boss. At 45% the boss will break this island. Go to the final island and grab both sigils and focus the boss (and troll) ignore everything else.

The ONLY dps race is on the final island, so don't rush the fight and get overwhelmed by adds and not have an island to fight on.

Ranged casters are priority on these stages as they will be the most destructive.

It took me over 8 hours to beat the arena the first time, there is nothing about it that's easy the first time. When you do finally beat it, you'll be a better player overall.

Thank you for the great helpful response. This is however exactly how I do this round. You must have snuck in watched me lol :). However it’s never the same. Sometimes the troll spawns at the same time as the boss and others the troll , archer and Mele and boss all spawns at the same time there is no consistency when starting the round and like I said
    , sometimes I start the round and an island is already gone by the time I spawn in. Oh well again thanks for the advice!!
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW that level is the first wall a lot of us hit when we were first beating vMA. It can still be a problem just because sometimes the trolls dont play ball.

You will get it, keep plugging. Watch videos and look at builds for the combo you are playing. Don't be afraid to tweak CP/etc for just vMA.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well technically if it actually scaled to ur lvl it would be even more difficult cause Its not scaled for max CP now.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's your Internet connection, mine is shocking and when I'm at a place with good Internet, I don't get the delay and lag u speak of.

And yes I'm still on the og xbox which is very old as I got it on release.

I'm talking strictly pve, the lag and delay happens in pvp.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5th round is a dps check. Stop blaming the game, go do a dps test on a dummy and report back.

The best build, all gold with the perfect skills won’t do anything for you if you don’t know how to play it.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on March 19, 2018 6:53PM
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me over a month to beat it the first time and I got stuck for so long on the Ice Rink stage and then the last boss. Frustrating, yes. After the first time though it is easy. I am on PS4 too so nerfing for console? Not needed in my opinion. I still wonder what is causing your issues though.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Mister_DMC
      Mister_DMC
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sounds like a connection issue, what kind of Internet do you have and where are you playing from. Anywhere in North America should have relatively low ping. And no it doesn't need a Nerf.
    • Sleep724
      Sleep724
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      5th round is a dps check. Stop blaming the game, go do a dps test on a dummy and report back.

The best build, all gold with the perfect skills won’t do anything for you if you don’t know how to play it.

This so much.

It took me many, many tries on this stage before I finally beat it. Don't be afraid to use the sigils especially on the last boss like mentioned earlier in this thread. Don't give up! Once you beat it all you'll think back and wonder why I had such a hard time with this.
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You have 150 more CP than vma was tuned for (300)

It is just a matter of learning the mechanics, where things spawn, what order to kill them in and when best to use sigils.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    • KillingUGirl
      KillingUGirl
      ✭✭✭
      Sigtric wrote: »
      You have 150 more CP than vma was tuned for (300)

It is just a matter of learning the mechanics, where things spawn, what order to kill them in and when best to use sigils.

Like I said I can almost do this round in my sleep on PC. I know the mechanics inside and out, on Xbox at least for me between the glitch’s and lag and non consistent mechanics make it impossible.
    • Sanctum74
      Sanctum74
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I'm on ps4 and yesterday it was fine, but today I keep getting the bug where your resources stop regenerating and I can't interact with switches and sigils.

Hoping the patch tomorrow fixes some of these performance issues, but I'm sure it's something much more important like adding a different shade of teal to the outfit system. Priorities SMH!
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Every update brings lag and bugs. Usually around the 2 month in mark the game gets better.

I know what you're talking about OP and with lag vMA is just a SoB.

Without lag it takes me approximately 30-40 min to do, with lag I can't get past the 3rd round.

Getting hit by AoEs you're supposedly out of. Attacking adds that aren't actually where you're attacking.

I just try and wait for the lag free times
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • MJallday
      MJallday
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Before i moved to PS4, I tried vMA a few times and gave up due to the lag. Seems better on PS4 and doable at lower CP. That said, there will be people on xbox who can breeze through it even at your level. That is in no way playing down how awful it can get on xbox. Been there and wouldn't go back. No idea if things have improved since the 'S' and new xbox.

catagorically no. im still cp610 and am stuck at r4. i can clear pretty much every other peice of vet content no death

then again im doing vMA on a stamplar..
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MJallday wrote: »

catagorically no. im still cp610 and am stuck at r4. i can clear pretty much every other peice of vet content no death

then again im doing vMA on a stamplar..

Melee range imo is ugh lol. I'd much rather a range build.

Either way, when everything is performing correctly, it's about the same as a dlc dungeon imo.

Lagless I think you'd be fine
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • KillingUGirl
      KillingUGirl
      ✭✭✭
      I would appreciate if it were just difficult content that after learning the mechanics and practice you get it and conquer it. Malestrom is broke for so many on Xbox making it content that is not fun or challenging or worth attempting.
    • Violynne
      Violynne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just like Bethesda did with Fallout 4, the 4K assets are automatically applied to the game, making any advantage worthless even if you're not using 4K.
    • pieratsos
      pieratsos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I would appreciate if it were just difficult content that after learning the mechanics and practice you get it and conquer it. Malestrom is broke for so many on Xbox making it content that is not fun or challenging or worth attempting.

But thats what vMA actually is. A difficult content with a lot of mechanics that becomes a lot easier to complete after practice (aside from some RNG mechanics). What you are describing is performance issues with the game in general. Not an issue with vMA specifically.
    • KillingUGirl
      KillingUGirl
      ✭✭✭
      pieratsos wrote: »

But thats what vMA actually is. A difficult content with a lot of mechanics that becomes a lot easier to complete after practice (aside from some RNG mechanics). What you are describing is performance issues with the game in general. Not an issue with vMA specifically.

What I am describing in Perfomance issues related specifically to one platform, why not fix these issues? So that way then maelstrom can become what it was intended to be right now it’s just a broken mess. Oh well I’m sure there are way to many more important issues then fixing malestrom I mean people have been complaining about how broke it is for years and nothing has been done, afraid I’m beating the proverbial dead horse. Zenimax blames Microsoft, Microsoft blames zenimax, and my IP provider blames both. Lol endless cycle.

I think at this point it’s easier at least for me to just move on and forget maelstrom there are other places to get weapons that are actually easily completeable, Dragonstar, VAS etc.
      Edited by KillingUGirl on March 19, 2018 8:50PM
    • Danksta
      Danksta
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Maybe ask for them to fix it instead of nerf it?
      BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AlexTheLion
      AlexTheLion
      ✭✭✭
      I haven’t played on Xbox in almost two years, but I completed maelstrom on every class many times way back then, even with random bugs. If you have as many attempts as you say then you should have everything memorized by now and complete it with ease. I’d look more at your skills, armor sets, and CP allocation before continuing to blame lag and bugs.
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      L2P issue