Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VID / Guide] Animation Cancelling (Finger Filming) / Keyboard Layout

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was using the Razer Epic Chroma (12 button) but the buttons were too small for my large fingers not to mention the twitching my fingers got when I reach back for the 7-12 buttons....

I've since moved to this Razer Naga Hex V2 and couldn't be happier. Yes not as much buttons to bind but buttons are bigger, spread-out, there's a comfortable resting spot and my fingers are thanking me for it.

Mine you I also use the Razer Orbweaver so have plenty of options for binding on that... if your not comfortable playing, what's the point.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wrestling with improving my mouse/keyboard mapping for quite some time using a standard keyboard and simple mouse with 2 thumb buttons.

Very impressed by your easy to follow vid and the good ideas contained therein. In fact I was taking notes on some of your mappings. I also just ordered a Razer Naga Hex V2 mouse and look forward to what I'm sure will be a long process of trying to teach my old fingers some new tricks.

Anyway, appreciate the well-made and helpful vid. Thanks! :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had issues with 1-5 and not being able to move. I have skills assigned to 1-5. 6 is my ult since I have an ergo keyboard that splits between 5 and 6. That way I don't hit my ultimate on accident. (I love watching people hit theirs in town when they are trying to interact with something.)

I have PTT and bar swap on my 2 side mouse buttons and my scroll wheel is my synergy. Makes using Blade of Woe almost seamless. Just run up to an NPC while scrolling my mouse wheel, when I'm close enough, NPC is dead.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wrestling with improving my mouse/keyboard mapping for quite some time using a standard keyboard and simple mouse with 2 thumb buttons.

Very impressed by your easy to follow vid and the good ideas contained therein. In fact I was taking notes on some of your mappings. I also just ordered a Razer Naga Hex V2 mouse and look forward to what I'm sure will be a long process of trying to teach my old fingers some new tricks.

Anyway, appreciate the well-made and helpful vid. Thanks! :)

Thanks man!

My advice for learning is to not get frustrated if you can’t do it at first. Just pick a layout and stick with it for a full day, then get a good night’s sleep. The sleep is the key part. It should feel a lot more normal and natural on day 2.

Edit: I’d suggest PvEing that day. I went to IC to farm tel var when I got my mouse and started Learning it.
    Edited by Thogard on March 22, 2018 10:57PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool video my man.
    red_emu wrote: »
    Bevik wrote: »
    Thanks. I was thinking about buying an MMO mouse anyway but this adds 1 more reason. Any suggestions for an MMO mouse?

I could recommend Logitech G502 with 5 mapable buttons that aren't a circle on the side. I find their placing more natural. Bought it especially for ESO and my level of game play has definitely improved!

Awesome recommendation! I think I'm gon' buy dis.

I currently use a normal-ish 5-button with only roll and bar swap mapped to it. It would be nice to at least map a spammable like jabs.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Cool video my man.
    Thanks. I was thinking about buying an MMO mouse anyway but this adds 1 more reason. Any suggestions for an MMO mouse?

I could recommend Logitech G502 with 5 mapable buttons that aren't a circle on the side. I find their placing more natural. Bought it especially for ESO and my level of game play has definitely improved!

I currently use a normal-ish 5-button with only roll and bar swap mapped to it. It would be nice to at least map a spammable like remembrance.

Fixed that for you ;)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    Cool video my man.

I currently use a normal-ish 5-button with only roll and bar swap mapped to it. It would be nice to at least map a spammable like remembrance.

Fixed that for you ;)

Lol wut, that ult is dead to me, you know how it is now. It's all about that Coward's + Light's Champ so I can squirt a Ritual and run like a mofo.
  • Sagz
    Sagz
    ✭✭
    [img][/img]Atari_1.jpg

What he won't tell you is, I rolled him with this setup. Don't be fooled!

j/k, nice vid, and at least your drinking good beer, that's the real key to animation cancelling!
    Edited by Sagz on March 23, 2018 12:19PM