The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do all trading guilds want insane dues?

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have the thieves/brotherhood dlc, you could do some of the easy fast minigames, arena and minotuar for motifs, and sell those, this will give u easy 5k gold, since all these motifs are even more worth than that
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATEK302 wrote: »
    Me and my wife just started out, we have two children. No way we can come up with these 5k+ a week. We barely get 1k a week.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Sadly you're suffering from a basic flaw in ESO's design, ZOS' fanaticism for avoiding a real economy based on the tradition Auction House, in ESO you're at the mercy of trade guilds and now the game's mature the leaders expect everyone to be able to farm thousands simply to enrich the guild.
  • ShimmerDoll
    ShimmerDoll
    ✭✭
    I just found this after watching an 18k liked (1.9 mil views) video about trade guilds killing this game. It's true for me. I quit the game and don't play. I thought the game was okay but the trade guilds and their crazy demands ruined the game and I quit. I was in one guild in that wouldn't even let me have time off after the flooding in texas. Some of my family lost their homes and I couldn't be online to play ESO during that, and this trade guild kept kicking me for it. A really popular one too. Plus paying them was insane. I'm dealing with a disaster and crisis and they demand I pay some amount of gold i had to farm or they kick me even during this. Stupid stuff and a dumb idea by the devs of this game. So i play a lot of better games these days that don't have this outrageous feature, run by players with big heads who try to extort time (takes time to farm gold) out of my life and don't give AF about real life crisis.
    Edited by ShimmerDoll on March 14, 2018 11:15PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATEK302 wrote: »

I was under the impession, that the dues are mandatory donations and not amount sold?

Depends on the Guild. And the place where their Kiosk is. I am in 3 guilds that get a Kiosk weekly and two of them get one in an out of the way location, and hence do no need to require a donation. The other guild has a prime location in a prime city and asks for either a donation or gold or mats that can sell, or you have high enough sales you can forgo the donations. They even run a couple of farming events to make the material donations something fun to do.

Here is the thing, I sell, on average, 120K to 200K a week in my main trading guild. I don't do anything special other than shedding excess inventory. Giving up 10% of sales is cheap.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since this thread is fairly old, we have decided to go ahead and close it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.