Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

R.i.P Stephen Hawking

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure it is sad that the world has lost a great man, but did you really need to post about it here?

I mean this is a games discussion forum, and here you are posting sad news in order to farm internet points.

I kinda think that's inappropriate tbh
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    The place to discuss ESO and a variety of ESO-Related Topics
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP this thread
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think it’s inappropriate to honor a great scientist and humanitarian no matter which platform is used.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Sure it is sad that the world has lost a great man, but did you really need to post about it here?

I mean this is a games discussion forum, and here you are posting sad news in order to farm internet points.

I kinda think that's inappropriate tbh

Agreed. There literally is an actual Off-Topic forum he could have posted this in but he posted it here instead where he knew it didn't go.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You ppl are pathetic
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to play Devil's advocate but....

As an informed community of gamers, a share of knowledge like this with impact IMO should be considered ok. Maybe it could have gone somewhere else, and maybe it was rash, but i don't think his intentions were negative. Bigger things exist IRL.

Perhaps instead of dogging the post we should just move past it and honor the man himself.

Just my two pennies.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P Mr. Hawking, and Aloha on your way back to the stars :'(
    NA/PC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, he definitely redefined what it means to be "disabled"...amazing life...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for being an inspiration :'(
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inb4lock?
    RIP
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read about this when I woke up. Sad morning indeed, he'll be greatly missed. :disappointed:
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least he didnt have to live to see the robots taking over and enslave all of humanity
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 14, 2018 6:33AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least he didnt have to live to see the robots taking over and enslave all of humanity

He was the first robot, here to test how easy it was to take over the world.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

As an informed community of gamers, a share of knowledge like this with impact IMO should be considered ok. Maybe it could have gone somewhere else, and maybe it was rash, but i don't think his intentions were negative. Bigger things exist IRL.

Perhaps instead of dogging the post we should just move past it and honor the man himself.

Just my two pennies.

Keep your pennies, nobody wants that ***. The Off-topic forum exists for a very specific purpose.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on March 14, 2018 7:23AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my two pennies.

Keep your pennies, nobody wants that ***. The Off-topic forum exists for a very specific purpose.

mostly to discuss tentacle hentai and yaoi
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a very awkward place for such a subject.
    That being said, I respect the message and share my sorrow over his loss - Yet I also condemn and rebuke you for your poor choice of medium.

Grant me proof he was an active player of ESO in his spare time or begon with you blight-harpy! Vaermina take your soul.

Again, Rest in peace Professor Hawking - To the Dreamstride with the OP.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pvw2221.png
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stunning to me. His last role was sort of as a patriarch of reason in society. His was one of the few voices virtually universally respected around the world. We're all worse off as a result of his passing.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my two pennies.

And this is the edited version.

World lost a great mind, a real shame. RIP

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intellect that has now gone deserves recognition everywhere and right now.

• Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread's already going to be locked, might as well chime in. Hawking was quoted as content with his life and life's work. The man gave enough, be happy for his life.
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heard about it at work, sad. There is a distressing paucity of voices of reason in the world, his loss is unfortunate.
    I want spell crafting.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well to many he was a inspiration, He will be missed by many and I hope he rests in peace. Besides life will still go on. Hopefully for the better, his example to show no matter how disabled you are. One can achieve many things. His disability may have been his greatest hindrance but in the end he would not have achieved so much without it. He was supposed to die and not live long with a disease that kills a person yet he was able to last so long and achieve so much living with it. if you put your mind to it. You can adapt and live on despite hardship and loss of movement within the body as long as there is at least one or two muscles able to move it can be worked with to still function and communicate and that was one of the unique things he was able to accomplish. Being able to push past the odds not letting them stop him from fulfilling his dreams.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 14, 2018 8:21AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree , R.I.P. but in before lock
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad news indeed.

As others have said ESO forum is not really the place for such a discussions or tribute thread however
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Sad news indeed.

As others have said ESO forum is not really the place for such a discussions or tribute thread however

Why so sad? Some people here may never have heard of this man. Now they have something tangible to appreciate.
    Crown Crates only go so far in terms of intellectual stimulation.

See? Here's where we assess the relative intellectual value of an element of ESO; as compared to the intellectual value of one of humankind's most valuable individuals. Some may find Hawkings more stimulating, some may find Crown Crates the intellectual pinnacle of mankind. Freedom of expression is a virtue.

happy to help...
    Edited by Androconium on March 14, 2018 8:38AM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Sad news indeed.

Why so sad? Some people here may never have heard of this man. Now they have something tangible to appreciate.
    Crown Crates only go so far in terms of intellectual stimulation.

See? Here's where we assess the relative intellectual value of an element of ESO; as compared to the intellectual value of one of humankind's most valuable individuals. Some may find Hawkings more stimulating, some may find Crown Crates the intellectual pinnacle of mankind. Freedom of expression is a virtue.

happy to help...

If you have to come to the ESO forums for intellectual stimulation, then you need to expand your horizons.

There are hundreds of people we could pay tribute to, but we don't because this is a gaming forum. There's a hundred different forums this thread would be more relevant on.

I didn't agree with everything Mr.Hawking said (most specifically comments he made on a certain non-scientific topic in my country), but I hope he passed in peace.

This is still off-topic though.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad news
This discussion has been closed.