Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

R.i.P Stephen Hawking

• Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Sure it is sad that the world has lost a great man, but did you really need to post about it here?

I mean this is a games discussion forum, and here you are posting sad news in order to farm internet points.

I kinda think that's inappropriate tbh

I appreciated it...I had not heard yet.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't exactly the place for this discussion unless you have posted this purely for the forum stars....maybe try reddit for the internet gratification.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to play Devil's advocate but....

As an informed community of gamers, a share of knowledge like this with impact IMO should be considered ok. Maybe it could have gone somewhere else, and maybe it was rash, but i don't think his intentions were negative. Bigger things exist IRL.

Perhaps instead of dogging the post we should just move past it and honor the man himself.

Just my two pennies.

Keep your pennies, nobody wants that ***. The Off-topic forum exists for a very specific purpose.

There is no "off-topic" forum, just FYI.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting me know about this piece of news.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    This comment section is the reason gaming industry is not respected anywhere .
    Gaming communities are laughably toxic..I heard the news just after I woke up..it's really sad...
    Edited by RupzSkooma on March 14, 2018 9:40AM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Sure it is sad that the world has lost a great man, but did you really need to post about it here?

I mean this is a games discussion forum, and here you are posting sad news in order to farm internet points.

I kinda think that's inappropriate tbh

Yep. Take it back to Facebook.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RupzSkooma wrote: »
    Gaming communities are laughably toxic..I heard the news just after I woke up..it's really sad...

It just does not belong here. Facebook is the place where this sort of thing belongs.

Or The News - where most people who want to know things, find out about things.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RupzSkooma wrote: »
    There are always and will always be immature and moronic people in the world, it's not just the gaming industry.

As said by others though when an off-topic thread like this comes up (and we've had them for others that passed away) then people will normally mess about a bit and troll because they know the thread will be locked/removed.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why we need an off topic section, interesting off topics to talk about with your friends on eso.
    #MOREORBS
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was a fake. His cosmology and physics were all lies. Stop honoring these people.

that should fix this garbage thread.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    He was a fake. His cosmology and physics were all lies. Stop honoring these people.

Interesting assertion...any reputable links to peruse on this?

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cite your sources
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP. Another great one gone, may he shine on in Heaven above
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sOoOoOo eDgYyyYyyY
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid you have to do the research yourself. Doors open.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I expected.

You made the claim...and now you won't back it.

Colour me surprised.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stfu stupid the earth Isn't flat ffs
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's not flat then how come I don't feel like I'm walking on the surface of a sphere?
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

If it's not flat then how come I don't feel like I'm walking on the surface of a sphere?

Seriously? It's a bloody large sphere.

:D

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes. A page out of the much maligned and disrespected "because I said so" school of science. A researcher is expected (and in many situations, required) to provide the data backing his or her assertions. This is especially true when the claims flout the commonly accepted theories. You lose all credibility by making a semi-outrageous claim, and not backing it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't feel like it to me. I feel like I'm walking on a flat surface
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which doesn't mean a thing with respect to the reality.

Besides if the earth were flat, there'd be nothing left on it as cats would've shoved everything off by now.

It's round, your feet are not a good indicator of the reality.

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, at least post a link to a news outlet.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great mind and human being has been lost.
    Actually we really could use the fictional off topic section mentioned.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Come on, at least post a link to a news outlet.

Like..the link to the CNN article in the opening post perhaps?
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Humanity also appeared to be intelligent and constantly evolving over the years. I feel that you're a good example of the opposite.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides if the earth were flat, there'd be nothing left on it as cats would've shoved everything off by now.

This is the best "flat Earth" debunk I have ever seen.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's talk about reality then

Solipsism

Everything you experience has to be interpreted by your consciousness first. So maybe all those great thinkers and intellectuals don't actually exist. They could just be a complete figment of your imagination. Maybe the only truth in the universe is yourself. Maybe only you exist. So then who do you listen to? Do you accept what the smart thinkers are telling you, or do you go out into space and observe the earth with your very own eyes? That would be the only way to know for sure that what you are experiencing is the truth
    Edited by Voxicity on March 14, 2018 12:27PM
This discussion has been closed.