Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Metrics Bug Reports

• Liko
    Liko
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded the 0.8.1.1 file from minion today. Looks really cool and I am looking forward to using it. Just posting here to enquire about two issues.

1. When I open a previously saved parse, it loads fine. However if I try to select a different one, it ends up loading the first one I open. When I log out and back in, I can select a different parse to load, then that one becomes the one that keeps loading up.
    2. I cannot seem to save any parses. the save button appears to be irresponsive, or at least they do not appear if I log out and back in again.

Is this already a known issue and if so, are there any temp. workarounds?

Thanks
    DD with Blind Luck and Hodor, PC EU

My Youtube
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    This is new to me. I'll look into it as soon as I can.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Liko
    Liko
    ✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »
    This is new to me. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Great. I thought I would capture the issues in a short video, if it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwU_J0XJL9g

edit - Also I notice that the position of the cmx page isn't saved when I relog
    Edited by Liko on March 13, 2018 12:26PM

My Youtube
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Do you get an error message, that gets surpressed perhaps? Can you enable the "Show save data Info" debug messages (at the bottom of the settings) and see how much of your space is currently in use?

Maybe increasing the size of storage is helpful, since you already have a lot of fights.
    Still the loading should work at least, so I'll check what could be stoping this once I'm home.
    Edited by Solinur on March 13, 2018 12:26PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Liko
    Liko
    ✭✭✭
    So I turned on debug settings and tried to save a new fight. Got this debug message.

[CMX] SV Size: 32.979 MB, 329.8%
    [CMX] SV Keys: 71954, 54.9%

Does this mean I am using too much space?

I deleted a lot of parses very recently when I was using a previous version where it was easily able to handle a lot more saves than I have currently.

My Youtube
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Liko wrote: »
    So I turned on debug settings and tried to save a new fight. Got this debug message.

[CMX] SV Size: 32.979 MB, 329.8%
    [CMX] SV Keys: 71954, 54.9%

Does this mean I am using too much space?

I deleted a lot of parses very recently when I was using a previous version where it was easily able to handle a lot more saves than I have currently.

The old versions didn't have these limits, but in turn could suffer from corruption of the saved var file. The SV size just means that it will take longer to load. On my PC it deosn't cause troubles until into 60 MB where the loading takes so long the client will abort loading the character (which is a pretty bad case of addon induced failure so I want to be safe to avoid that)
    The second size "Keys" is a limitation of the lua version in eso and can cause corrupted files.

For now you can simply increase the file size in the settings (the max I allowed is 40, which is a little above what you have now), but I'd recommend you to see if you can keep it lower.

Edit: Fights that are saved with combat log take a lot more space of course than fights without. Also I plan to allow more detailed settings of what in the log gets saved and what doesn't - especially group effects (buffs from your group members to other group members) take a lot of lines and are often not needed.
    Edited by Solinur on March 13, 2018 12:47PM
    Addon Author
  • Liko
    Liko
    ✭✭✭
    So to test, I increased my file size in the settings to 40 and that allowed me to save new parses again which is great. I didn't have any combat logs saved at all, but I did remove a bunch of old vAS HM fights, which saved a good amount of space.

The first issue regarding not loading parses still somewhat persists. Now some parses load as intended and some just still load the first parse chosen (as described before), but I can't figure out if there is a pattern to it.
    Edited by Liko on March 13, 2018 2:20PM

My Youtube
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Liko wrote: »
    So to test, I increased my file size in the settings to 40 and that allowed me to save new parses again which is great. I didn't have any combat logs saved at all, but I did remove a bunch of old vAS HM fights, which saved a good amount of space.

The first issue regarding not loading parses still somewhat persists. Now some parses load as intended and some just still load the first parse chosen (as described before), but I can't figure out if there is a pattern to it.

True. I wonder why your values are so high then. How big is the file on your harddisc (CombatMtricsFightData.lua in saved variables folder)?

Could you maybe send me this file somehow (or a link to the file)
    Addon Author
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    small bug but it irritates me whenever i open fight reports it defaults back to very top left of my screen
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Jonno wrote: »
    small bug but it irritates me whenever i open fight reports it defaults back to very top left of my screen

Will check it out.

Edit: Just pushed a fix
    Edited by Solinur on March 13, 2018 8:43PM
    Addon Author
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Jonno wrote: »

Will check it out.

Edit: Just pushed a fix

fix works on my end thankyou
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Live Report supposed to work? I can get the post battle results window but nothing during a fight. I thought it might have referred to the small permanent HUD that existed until 0.7 but I can't seem to get anything "live".
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    How is Live Report supposed to work? I can get the post battle results window but nothing during a fight. I thought it might have referred to the small permanent HUD that existed until 0.7 but I can't seem to get anything "live".

The live report is that small permanent HUD window and should still be there. Its position has probably been reset but that aside should be pretty much the same.
    Addon Author
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The live report is that small permanent HUD window and should still be there. Its position has probably been reset but that aside should be pretty much the same.

Yes, I just this minute found it. It had been moved to the top left corner, which is where I have my clock, which obscured it.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only ever get an error when I try to get a full report :(.

I didn't even realise there was a full report, I knew streamers got it but I had no idea how to get it to show up. Once people explained all I get is UI errors.

The mini summary does work though.
    Edited by Narvuntien on March 15, 2018 9:57AM
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Can you provide the error message, via screenshot or copy paste?
    Addon Author
  • willidozer
    willidozer
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Solinur,

bei mir kommt immer folgende UI-Fehlermeldung wenn ich den Fightreport öffnen möchte.

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:194: function expected instead of nil
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:194: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:IsShowing'
    user:/AddOns/AddOns/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetricsUI.lua:591: in function 'CMX.UI:ToggleReport'
    :1: in function '(main chunk)'

Darf ich den Fehler bennen wenn er noch unentdeckt ist?

• Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    willidozer wrote: »
    Hi Solinur,

bei mir kommt immer folgende UI-Fehlermeldung wenn ich den Fightreport öffnen möchte.

EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:194: function expected instead of nil
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:194: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:IsShowing'
    user:/AddOns/AddOns/AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetricsUI.lua:591: in function 'CMX.UI:ToggleReport'
    :1: in function '(main chunk)'

Darf ich den Fehler bennen wenn er noch unentdeckt ist?

Klingt, als hättest du eine alte Version installiert.
    Addon Author
  • Gandork
    Gandork
    Hi Solinur,

Love your addon but I'm having some issues on the PTS with it. I'm running version 0.8.2.0 but have tried the previous 3 versions as well as 0.7.14. These problems occur with no other addons enabled.

1. Severe frame rate drops under specific conditions:
    On khajiit stamblade, I noticed extreme stuttering while on my DW bar. After experimenting, it only occurs when I have major savagery, minor savagery, the khajiit racial passive "carnage", and the dual wield passive "twin blade and blunt". There may be more conditions to trigger it but if I remove any of these four buffs my frame rate returns to normal. I recorded a video showing this, first my smooth performance with no addons, then enabling combat metrics, then using combat metrics without major savagery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inlSDHB0u-Y&feature=youtu.be

2. Unable to use bank and certain consumables in inventory (does not occur in version 0.7.14):
    Attempting to add/remove items from my bank yields the following error message
    https://imgur.com/a/JMbwlYD
    Attempting to use items such as crafting material crates or motifs in my inventory yields the following error message
    https://imgur.com/a/meBAdzn

3. Incorrect penetration values:
    Applying major fracture is adding 2580 penetration, I'm guessing this is due to the change of night mother's gaze now applying major fracture. The debuff ID on major fracture changes depending on whether it was applied via surprise attack or nmg but they don't stack and they behave the same when modifying the penetration value of nmg in line 127 of the .lua file.

In lines 111 and 121 of CombatMetrics.lua you have
    [GetFormatedAbilityName(62795)] = 5260, --Major Breach
    [GetFormatedAbilityName(62490)] = 5260, --Major Fracture
    I'm not sure if these are currently being used but major fracture/breach is 5280, not 5260.

4. Different debuffs with the same name are tracked as a single debuff (not exclusive to the PTS):
    Using the crown store poisons and the crafted alchemy poisons for creeping ravage health, the DoT's have the same names (but different ID's) and they are able to stack on the target (tested with assassin's guile to extend the duration beyond the cooldown) but combat metrics only tracks them as a single debuff using the ID and icon of whichever was applied first. This means players can't see the correct personal uptime in groups. Not many people use crown poisons because they're very expensive but they are the best dps when too many other people are using regular poisons.

5. Briarheart's 5 piece set bonus is not being tracked correctly (not exclusive to the PTS):
    Combat metrics sees the briarheart buff reapplying every time the game tries to apply it instead of when it actually does which means it will usually display 99% uptime when the true uptime is generally 55-58%. Srendarr also shows this buff reapplying early but its purely a visual bug. The pre-Morrowind versions of combat metrics tracked this buff correctly but they no longer work as of Dragonbones.

Hope to see at least the first two problems fixed, they're rather game-breaking and I love this addon too much to give it up.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Solinur,

Love your addon but I'm having some issues on the PTS with it. I'm running version 0.8.2.0 but have tried the previous 3 versions as well as 0.7.14. These problems occur with no other addons enabled.

On khajiit stamblade, I noticed extreme stuttering while on my DW bar. After experimenting, it only occurs when I have major savagery, minor savagery, the khajiit racial passive "carnage", and the dual wield passive "twin blade and blunt". There may be more conditions to trigger it but if I remove any of these four buffs my frame rate returns to normal. I recorded a video showing this, first my smooth performance with no addons, then enabling combat metrics, then using combat metrics without major savagery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inlSDHB0u-Y&feature=youtu.be

2. Unable to use bank and certain consumables in inventory (does not occur in version 0.7.14):
    Attempting to add/remove items from my bank yields the following error message
    https://imgur.com/a/JMbwlYD
    Attempting to use items such as crafting material crates or motifs in my inventory yields the following error message
    https://imgur.com/a/meBAdzn

3. Incorrect penetration values:
    Applying major fracture is adding 2580 penetration, I'm guessing this is due to the change of night mother's gaze now applying major fracture. The debuff ID on major fracture changes depending on whether it was applied via surprise attack or nmg but they don't stack and they behave the same when modifying the penetration value of nmg in line 127 of the .lua file.

In lines 111 and 121 of CombatMetrics.lua you have
    [GetFormatedAbilityName(62795)] = 5260, --Major Breach
    [GetFormatedAbilityName(62490)] = 5260, --Major Fracture
    I'm not sure if these are currently being used but major fracture/breach is 5280, not 5260.

4. Different debuffs with the same name are tracked as a single debuff (not exclusive to the PTS):
    Using the crown store poisons and the crafted alchemy poisons for creeping ravage health, the DoT's have the same names (but different ID's) and they are able to stack on the target (tested with assassin's guile to extend the duration beyond the cooldown) but combat metrics only tracks them as a single debuff using the ID and icon of whichever was applied first. This means players can't see the correct personal uptime in groups. Not many people use crown poisons because they're very expensive but they are the best dps when too many other people are using regular poisons.

5. Briarheart's 5 piece set bonus is not being tracked correctly (not exclusive to the PTS):
    Combat metrics sees the briarheart buff reapplying every time the game tries to apply it instead of when it actually does which means it will usually display 99% uptime when the true uptime is generally 55-58%. Srendarr also shows this buff reapplying early but its purely a visual bug. The pre-Morrowind versions of combat metrics tracked this buff correctly but they no longer work as of Dragonbones.

Hope to see at least the first two problems fixed, they're rather game-breaking and I love this addon too much to give it up.

Very nice report.
    I will investigate #1 and 5 and see whats the issue there an if I can fix it.
    #2 and #3 should be no problem
    #4 I can adress this particular issue but I don't want to change the general behaviour for tracking buffs by name instead of Id's it solves many issues since it would just clutter the buff list and also make logs much larger. Since buffs with the same name usually don't stack it usually works very good. I will probably just rename the crown store poison within the addon to solve this.
    Addon Author
  • Gandork
    Gandork
    Hate to load you up with even more work but I ran into another thing today. I was experimenting with bash weaving and noticed the stamina consumption from bashing isn't being logged by combat metrics at all.
    Sprinting and blocking seem to be logged correctly.
  • Gandork
    Gandork
    Today's PTS patch fixed #2 from before.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Gandork wrote: »
    Today's PTS patch fixed #2 from before.

Yes they reverted the change that broke LibCustomMenu.
    I have fixed ready for 3 and 4 too.
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Solinur,

I have trouble reproducing this. I have constant fps in this setting. Is this still happening on the current PTS, can you try this in a different place (another house, outside world ?)

What also would be helpful would be screenshots of the buff and debuff panel especially if there is a cnadidate that occurs very often.
    Edited by Solinur on April 25, 2018 9:24PM
    Addon Author
  • Gandork
    Gandork
    I've been in several zones, 3 different houses, and 2 trials, this occurs everywhere for me. This was happening to Gilliam on his first live stream on the PTS but I don't know of anyone else encountering it. Most stamblades are redguards though.

I did more testing today and it seems to require every crit passive available to be unlocked (including 30 blue CP in The Ritual), even if they're not actually adding any crit. For example, it requires points in the medium armor passive "Dexterity" but still stutters with no medium armor equipped. It requires points in the assassination passive "Pressure Points" but still stutters with no assassination skills slotted. Similarly, you don't have to be wielding daggers for the "Twin Blade and Blunt" passive although you do need DW equipped.
    I'm not sure how the game looks at passives but I know they can affect stuff even when they shouldn't be active such as the S&B's "Deadly Bash" passive reducing bash cost (but not increasing bash damage) when you don't even have S&B equipped.

Additional information:
    - I have to be in combat for it to occur.
    - It doesn't occur while using light mode of combat metrics.
    - It seems to be tied to applying buffs on myself, not inflicting damage or debuffs. This results in skills that apply multiple buffs at once to stutter the worst (relentless focus, mirage, every tick of refreshing path, circle of protection, etc.). This gets worse when paired with TFS and in a full rotation where minor savagery is getting refreshed multiple times per second.
    - Here are the buff and debuff screenshots doing the same thing as in my previous video (except using a weapon power pot instead of slotting expert hunter for major savagery): https://imgur.com/a/Rf1Aswb
    - Not sure if this is related but minor savagery doesn't seem to be showing up in cmx. It shows up in Srendarr and on my character page so it should be applied.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in several zones, 3 different houses, and 2 trials, this occurs everywhere for me. This was happening to Gilliam on his first live stream on the PTS but I don't know of anyone else encountering it. Most stamblades are redguards though.

I did more testing today and it seems to require every crit passive available to be unlocked (including 30 blue CP in The Ritual), even if they're not actually adding any crit. For example, it requires points in the medium armor passive "Dexterity" but still stutters with no medium armor equipped. It requires points in the assassination passive "Pressure Points" but still stutters with no assassination skills slotted. Similarly, you don't have to be wielding daggers for the "Twin Blade and Blunt" passive although you do need DW equipped.
    I'm not sure how the game looks at passives but I know they can affect stuff even when they shouldn't be active such as the S&B's "Deadly Bash" passive reducing bash cost (but not increasing bash damage) when you don't even have S&B equipped.

Additional information:
    - I have to be in combat for it to occur.
    - It doesn't occur while using light mode of combat metrics.
    - It seems to be tied to applying buffs on myself, not inflicting damage or debuffs. This results in skills that apply multiple buffs at once to stutter the worst (relentless focus, mirage, every tick of refreshing path, circle of protection, etc.). This gets worse when paired with TFS and in a full rotation where minor savagery is getting refreshed multiple times per second.
    - Here are the buff and debuff screenshots doing the same thing as in my previous video (except using a weapon power pot instead of slotting expert hunter for major savagery): https://imgur.com/a/Rf1Aswb
    - Not sure if this is related but minor savagery doesn't seem to be showing up in cmx. It shows up in Srendarr and on my character page so it should be applied.

Thanks, this gives me more to work with.
    Weirdly enough most of your details point towards a client issue, rather than an issue with combat metrics.
    I'll continue to investigate, hopefully I can reproduce it.

Can you also tell me what CPU you have, so I can estimate the difference in processing power?

Minor savagery is not tracked because it is very spammy. It refreshes with every crit, multiplied by the number group members around you leading to inflated combat logs. So I disabled it.
    Addon Author
  • Gandork
    Gandork
    I have an i7-6700k running at 4.6 GHz on 1.38 V
    Asus Strix A8G GTX 1080 (Asus' highest binned skew)
    32GB 3000 MHz C15 ram
    512GB Samsung 850 pro SSD
    Retail copy of Windows 10

I would agree about it being a client issue except it only occurs with combat metrics enabled and I saw it happening to Gilliam when he tried to parse on stream, he has been using a redguard in all his PTS content since then. I tried running a repair which didn't find anything but I haven't done a full reinstall.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    I have an i7-6700k running at 4.6 GHz on 1.38 V
    Asus Strix A8G GTX 1080 (Asus' highest binned skew)
    32GB 3000 MHz C15 ram
    512GB Samsung 850 pro SSD
    Retail copy of Windows 10

I would agree about it being a client issue except it only occurs with combat metrics enabled and I saw it happening to Gilliam when he tried to parse on stream, he has been using a redguard in all his PTS content since then. I tried running a repair which didn't find anything but I haven't done a full reinstall.

I don't think such an issue is caused by a corrupted install. But your CPU shouldn't be much worse then my i7-8700K. So I should see this issue to some extend when it happens as well, since in your video it was very pronounced.

My suspicion is that somehow some code is now slower since they shifted some calculations to the server as they mentioned in the post about PVP improvements. If that is the case I have to see which functions are affected by that so I can throttle them.

Just in case: This is only affecting PTS, not Live?
    Edited by Solinur on April 26, 2018 9:52AM
    Addon Author
  • Gandork
    Gandork
    Yes, this is only on the PTS. There's some other really bizarre bugs on the PTS right now like potion duration being affected by your weapon rarity or the psijic shield stacking into the millions before crashing your game so maybe it'll get fixed with something else. Precise weapons currently show a 7000% crit tooltip, it should just be a display error but maybe stacking all these crit passives is messing up some background numbers. I am unfortunately rather ignorant on how addons work.

I'm going to install the PTS on my laptop tomorrow to see if I get the same problem on another computer. My laptop is a little quirky though since there's no official driver support for the GTX 970m I used to replace the 660m that was originally in it.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    both you and gilliam have the same cpu, i tried to reproduce this too on my 7700k but was unable to
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business