The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant disconnects from game with an error message/ horrid lag

Affrayer
Affrayer
✭✭✭
I can't even play this game because the lag is so horrid! On top of that, my game crashes back to the log in screen every few minutes with an ' unknown error' message.
This isn't a fps issue.
Is anyone else having this happen to them?
Edited by Affrayer on March 30, 2014 7:00PM
Pffffff
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My error message says 'An unknown error has occured' but I'm getting kicked to log in screen around every 10 minutes. It is very frustrating and breaking the game for me.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    If this helps the client version is 1.0.0.956792
    Pffffff
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been playing since servers opened and I have probably got kicked to log in screen 200 - 250 times today already. Very annoying.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. I give up for today and do something else.
    ~ ♥ ~
  • Korin12
    Korin12
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same issue.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Half the time when I log back in I'm falling underneath the ground and am forced to /stuck. Pain in the ass to keep dying like this.
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm not the only one. so much for a smooth launch.
    Can we get someone from ZOS to tell us what's going on?
    Pffffff
  • Serration
    Serration
    I get like perma-lag for about 5-10 mins. I can run around but cant interact or anything, then disconnected saying that there was simply an error. Anyone else getting that??
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Serration wrote: »
    I get like perma-lag for about 5-10 mins. I can run around but cant interact or anything, then disconnected saying that there was simply an error. Anyone else getting that??
    Yep.
    Pffffff
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, try to open these ports:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133

This really helped me immensely!

If you don't know how to port forward, try a google search on how to port forward with your router type.
    Pffffff
  • ryzo666
    ryzo666
    Soul Shriven
    for a game that had such a long a thorough beta test they seem to have the WORST launch i have ever seen even Blizz at least gets back to you this unknown error is a load of BS tbf
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    ryzo666 wrote: »
    for a game that had such a long a thorough beta test they seem to have the WORST launch i have ever seen even Blizz at least gets back to you this unknown error is a load of BS tbf
    Yes this is kinda BS. I mean, you never know whats going to happen, but still. This is suppose to be a finished project, and I feel like im still in beta with these latency/bug issues.
    Pffffff
  • Clutch
    Clutch
    ✭✭✭
    It's launch day where everyone and their mothers is practically playing it. This is kind of why TOR had that pre-order First-Come First-Serve process because by Negative three (Keep in mind it had a total of a seven-day headstart) it was lagging to hell. Expecting otherwise isn't their fault necessarily, just be patient and let the system weed itself out.
  • Serl
    Serl
    Soul Shriven
    Its happening to me as well. Sometimes I cant even finish loggin in and already got dced with "unkown error has occurred"
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost going to give up. I've had to log in about 40 times today. Between that and falling through the world after coming back from Error Unknown I'm nearly done.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    Affrayer wrote: »

If you don't know how to port forward, try a google search on how to port forward with your router type.

Did nothing for me whatsoever.

Port forward, repaired client, admin mode, etc - ERROR UNKNOWN constantly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • DanBlackfyre
    DanBlackfyre
    ✭✭
    This is the same problem discussed in this thread http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61061/can-t-play-game-after-tutorial-in-the-prison/p1 lets make one thread where this issue can be properly discussed.
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    Affrayer wrote: »

Did nothing for me whatsoever.

Port forward, repaired client, admin mode, etc - ERROR UNKNOWN constantly.

Look at the link DanBlackfyre posted.
    Pffffff
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same problem discussed in this thread http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61061/can-t-play-game-after-tutorial-in-the-prison/p1 lets make one thread where this issue can be properly discussed.
    I agree, but I didn't see it at the time. Thanks for posting that link. =)
    Pffffff