Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr - Tasear's Healer Collection (All Classes including Necromancer)

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    ... and aren't as rare as mythical dragon knight healers anymore.

Challenge accepted :D

Actually I've already got a DK healer build, but I don't have much time for her, so it will take some time to test it out. But one day... :)

Sounds great. At moment I have 5 champion healers so I just because dks are quite fun. Still needs lots work so will be publishing warden first.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @troomar have you looked at tactician passive? You might it like since I saw you weren't using lighting blockade. It's an good syngery with bosmer.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm rather skeptical to this.

1) How do you want to get it? It's 120 points passive on a tree with completely useless skills for a healer (I put some points into Staff Expert, but it's because there is nothing else worthy. It might work for a more DPS oriented healer if you put points into Master-at-Arms and Staff Expert, which is actually very good for (pet) sorcerers ... but it's still 120 points, so it means only 120 for the healing skills. For 4-man dungeons probably viable.
    2) To roll dodge something you have to force it to attack you first. For mobs? Who cares. For bosses? Impossible. I'm really not going to roll dodge from Earthgore Amalgam in vBF to set it off balance.

BTW. I'm not running Lightning Wall in trials, but I use it in vet dungeons.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rather skeptical to this.

1) How do you want to get it? It's 120 points passive on a tree with completely useless skills for a healer (I put some points into Staff Expert, but it's because there is nothing else worthy. It might work for a more DPS oriented healer if you put points into Master-at-Arms and Staff Expert, which is actually very good for (pet) sorcerers ... but it's still 120 points, so it means only 120 for the healing skills. For 4-man dungeons probably viable.
    2) To roll dodge something you have to force it to attack you first. For mobs? Who cares. For bosses? Impossible. I'm really not going to roll dodge from Earthgore Amalgam in vBF to set it off balance.

BTW. I'm not running Lightning Wall in trials, but I use it in vet dungeons.

Well it's something to consider. But staff expert is the next relating skill turns healing. It will increase proc turns resto line passive Esscence drain. So with 240 the division between trees is possible. Now I mentioned it because you aren't using lighting wall in trials.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on, nobody is healing by heavy attacking the boss. The heavy attack is to get resources and Major Mending, not to heal somebody for 1k Health (with something that has 3 seconds to cast). Staff Expert is a great skill for Lightning Staff to DPS a pack of trash mobs. And that's something that is useful for dungeons, but completely useless for trials.

Roll Dodge as a source of Off-balance is really *not* a substitute for missing Lightning Wall. I guess it's more of a PvP skill.

I think you're over-engineering it. While I understand you want to improve it, but the truth is that the build is working and it does not need any major changes. That's why it's working even for vet trials.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, nobody is healing by heavy attacking the boss. The heavy attack is to get resources and Major Mending, not to heal somebody for 1k Health (with something that has 3 seconds to cast). Staff Expert is a great skill for Lightning Staff to DPS a pack of trash mobs. And that's something that is useful for dungeons, but completely useless for trials.

Roll Dodge as a source of Off-balance is really *not* a substitute for missing Lightning Wall. I guess it's more of a PvP skill.

I think you're over-engineering it. While I understand you want to improve it, but the truth is that the build is working and it does not need any major changes. That's why it's working even for vet trials.

Hmm let's take a step back. First with more champion points means we either move into one of two trees. One for ulimate gain and other as as other be off balance gain as final result.

• troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I understand what you meant. With more Champion Points *in the future*, you can easily use both trees to get all the important skills.

But I still don't see how you want to execute it.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I understand what you meant. With more Champion Points *in the future*, you can easily use both trees to get all the important skills.

But I still don't see how you want to execute it.

Heading turns staff expert because we will heavy attack for major mending and resources.

Master of arms will effect pet dps and overlord dps.

Seems to me most logical tree was this one.

The 120 tactician is just an added benefit.

• troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added benefit - yes; A substitute for missing Lightning Wall - hell no :)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added benefit - yes; A substitute for missing Lightning Wall - hell no :)
    After all off balance only needs happen every 15 secs now. As such, Lighting wall isn't only option though to consider. For example asylum could be considered. What I meant for tactician was it was useful as something in trials if you were going use and rely sorcs dps for lighting wall or generally use of balance. For dungeons there's no guarantee of sorc dps or even enough shock damage to provide it.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we don't understand each other here. I was solely talking about Tactician as the only source of Off Balance. And if you have another source, you don't need Tactician.

But it's just my opinion, I may be wrong of course.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we don't understand each other here. I was solely talking about Tactician as the only source of Off Balance. And if you have another source, you don't need Tactician.

But it's just my opinion, I may be wrong of course.

I am more talking about possibility of removal of elemental wall from trial healer. Because it can only happen every15 secs on bosses and mini bosses. It's worth seems less now on healers in trial settings. Where the groups are larger and can use other 4 sources of off balance. In regards to concussion, it can be done with charged/shock glyph or with other sorc dps in trials. So answer is I am not sure yet either.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name changes and things
    I don't think I ever mentioned it, originally I wanted a build just so... I wouldn't be distressed over my class choice. For most part, I copied only decent one in existence at the time dark exchange healer with slight modifications. I would overtime use Alexima's mercy, twin born star, and Healer habbit. With growing changes of gameplay of the game, I developed my first builds Dark Priestess 1, and Dark Priestess 2 . They could of been better, but they were my end game sorc builds. Then one day... I sat down and I was like I could do better. I created Sorc Pug proof, while unfortunately keeping part of name of previous builds, but this when things begin the diverge. One healer build build was made for end game, while other was made for random dungeons.

As of now pug proof will be mostly retired after dragon bones updates unless significant changes are needed to take note or something more inspiring comes to mind to make it better. I believe it has been perfected for it's purpose of random or pick up groups. Though, I will try to upkeep supportive CP allocation, but I make no promises after I finish dragon bones updates. As such if anyone sees improvements to made to "this build". They are welcomed to continue forth this legacy with appropriate acknowledgments.

In regards to my other build, Dark Priestess this my current focus for End Game Sorcerer healer. It's pretty much what I use for everything including trials, but it's purpose is for smaller size groups in particular 4 to 6. It's proven to be quite successful from it's predecessors. Yet I see room for improvement in this build.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~ Cleaned up text on tamerial foundary build for amour, race, mundus, and advantages, and disadvantages of build. I will be cleaning up and adding context to potions and poisons next.

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/dark-priestess-pug-proof/
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    useful so copying text to here.

Moon sugar is best... but have drinking so many potions... the more tradition flavors seems appropriate here. First Essence of spell power for the appropriate level. I will provide magicka, spell critical (higher heals % damage), and spell damage which effects things such as healing springs, mutagen, and orbs. Next is Essence of Immovability which isn't a common potion you hear healers care, but there's a good reasons you should use it. First it will provide a chance to rez allies in chaotic situations where boss (vCOS), mobs, or even environment (tempest) will be against you. It's also good to use when off tanking in fang lair or dragon star arena (final boss), A slight benefit to use on stone atronach in vAA so you won't get knocked back. While not as amazing as the other two. Would like to mention essence of invisibility. Doesn't work in newest dungeons, but will help by pass by unnecessary and dangerous mobs while doing speed runs.

spell_power.png

Immova.png

invis.png

Note

These are average potions for healers, but I think other 2 hardly ever get mentioned.

As always

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/dark-priestess-pug-proof/

^original posted here
    Edited by Tasear on March 3, 2018 8:20AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~updated FAQ "Arena Staves"
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are average potions for healers, but I think other 2 hardly ever get mentioned.

I'm mentioning the second one (Potions of Immovability) in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397661/jack-iprits-guide-for-sorcerer-healers-to-veteran-trials#

Usually in your trial group there is a DK running Igneous Weapons buff, so you don't need a potion with Major Sorcery buff. Unfortunately, Knockback immunity is a situational buff and you need to run potions 100% time (in trials) so you can't wait for that 10 seconds of knockback immunity. I would gladly use a potion with Magicka + Stamina + Crit chance properties, but there is no such combination :)

For dungeons I've had mixed feelings recently ... (rant incoming) Trying to res people is often more dangerous than finish the boss (fight) with 3 or even two people alive. If they died once, they die again (because mechanics, not lack of healing). For DLC dungeons, and especially the newest ones, you either don't die at all, or you wipe. There is almost no option for trying to res someone. (/rant)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm mentioning the second one (Potions of Immovability) in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397661/jack-iprits-guide-for-sorcerer-healers-to-veteran-trials#

Usually in your trial group there is a DK running Igneous Weapons buff, so you don't need a potion with Major Sorcery buff. Unfortunately, Knockback immunity is a situational buff and you need to run potions 100% time (in trials) so you can't wait for that 10 seconds of knockback immunity. I would gladly use a potion with Magicka + Stamina + Crit chance properties, but there is no such combination :)

For dungeons I've had mixed feelings recently ... (rant incoming) Trying to res people is often more dangerous than finish the boss (fight) with 3 or even two people alive. If they died once, they die again (because mechanics, not lack of healing). For DLC dungeons, and especially the newest ones, you either don't die at all, or you wipe. There is almost no option for trying to res someone. (/rant)

Yeah it's mostly for dungeons ( for imovable). >.> Cause some of these bosses have millions of health. They are extremely useful, but let me try to explain more. Some people honestly die to bad luck say in tempest where winds, lighting, and boss can get you all at same time. This is worthy of a rez, but it's quite hard to do with all the winds unless you use this potion. Another good example is in white gold tower during lighting wave phase. Timing rez and getting in between lighting in extremely hard, so using this you can survive while rezzing ally during this phase (other dps should be killing adds) Now my favorite time to use this potion is craddle of shadows, because ... so few people every interrupt her right. There's some other random places it works, especially during areas where mobs tend to CC you. But overall, it's a common secret pets sometimes hold aggro, so you can use this while pet is holding aggro, so you will have health and potentially be able to survive heavy attack (that knocks you away or down).

In regards this potion with Magicka + Stamina + Crit ... please tell me ingredients. :D I tried to find one before and never seen such a thing. I still think it's advisable to have spell power on hand in case tanks or mythical magdk (>.> I heard you guys are dying) aren't using it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.O updating sure is hard work... but then again looking at all this ... I might of been slacking last patch (definitely was). On to important news, here is my formal endorsement to @troomar and his guide on how to use sorc healer with also it's thoughts and modifications to consider.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397661/jack-iprits-guide-for-sorcerer-healers-to-veteran-trials

P.S
    >.> ignore like 5 - 8 topics below it. We have come to terms.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A direct copy from build page to share here.

Now that's it's become common practice for tanks to use crushing and weakening glyphs, it has lead to more options ... even beyond simple enchants. First we have 2 poisons set to forgo potential weakness the class make face. We have breaching poison to add a bit more to dps for a moment and potential defile bosses such final boss in direfrost (who heals itself). We have a matching fracturing poison to do the same when with more stamina dps. Both of these complement a tank using crushing. Now assuming those are unnecessary, there a few more options. I have one sustain poison that helps with magicka and stamina while doing some damage, while other is another from of breaching poison, but with sustain addition. These have proven to make battles more comfortable. Now lastly is what I call tastiest poison that buffs yourself with %5 more spell damage (stronger heals), gives slight about of magicka back (better endurance), and applies minor breech. This is useful in end game fights ... especially with magicka dps.

Breech_2.png
    Fracture_posion.png
    Drain_Health_Posion_-_Sustain_Posion.png
    Drain_Health_Posion_-_Sustain_Posion_2.png
    posion.jpg
    Edited by Tasear on March 5, 2018 3:16AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~ Added Pug Proof to ESO Build Planner for further developments

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=48834
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/dark-priestess-pug-proof/ ~ updated fully for dragon bones

Pug Proof is officially retired to set in it's legacy case of for others to use. Some minor notes are still 2 bugs with pets, and minor mangle is currently bugged as someone else mentioned, and I later confirmed in game. But on point, this build is prefect and pristine for random dungeon fun.

Now I would like to officially publish Dark Priestess the best you can be sorc healer. Then I would like bring everything together to create something beyond my current builds used in trials. Somewhere in between that... I got some nasty fun for those in pvp. It will hightlight sorcs in a way that hasnt' really ever been touched on. Rambly on a bit more, I have a completed and well thought warden build that hopefully I will sit down and show world sometime. As usually from me, it's quite interesting yet powerful. Once again thanks for reviewing my thoughts and design.

P.S
    Thanks @ZOS for many changes that made Synerizger (Pug Proof) .... (>.> name change) possible. It's been quite adventure testing in a way sorc healer class, now I shall go explore more things.
    Edited by Tasear on March 5, 2018 10:54AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on next build has set to be a bit more poetic. Here below is something I made to go along with it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399476/healers-awakening-poem#latest

Though that won't be all. I hope to reveal some new insights and give some explanations on things rarely discussed in such ordered fashion. So keep page bookmarked and look forward for more.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I have been theory-crafting hard lately and I have a new setup I want to test (both in dungeons and vet trials):

1) First Setup
    Head - SPC, Infused, tri-stat
    Shoulders - Domihaus, Heavy, Divines, Max Magicka
    Legs - SPC, Infused, tri-stat
    Chest, Hand, Weist, Feet - Jorvuld, Divines, Max Magicka
    Necklace - SPC, Spell Damage
    Ring - SPC, Spell Damage
    Ring - SPC, Magicka Recovery

Main bar - Asylum Restoration Staff / Master Restoration Staff - Powered, Weapon Damage
    Back Bar - Jorvuld Lightning Staff - Decisive, Weapon Damage

This setup gives me permanent bonus for SPC, and Jorvuld bonus for War Horn and Bone Shield (since I'm running War Horn on back bar ^^). I could swap Hardened Ward with Energy Orbs, so my shield would benefit from Jorvuld too, but it would break my rotations, so I will try it later if it works even without it.

2) Second Setup
    Head + Shoulders - Monster set of your choice, Divines, Max Magicka
    Ring - SPC, Spell Damage

Main bar - SPC Restoration Staff - Powered, Weapon Damage

Since I don't have Master Resto Staff and Asylum is just ... meh, and since I also stay on my front bar most of the time, I could have the SPC bonus just on my main bar (you know, Mutagen is the way to go for spc uptime). I have to test uptimes with it, but this would open slots for monster sets and the moster set I really want is .. Earth... no ... Lord Warden Dusk! Why? Because Boundless Storm + Lord Warden Dusk is so OP. I'm not sure about Stamina on this setup though.

And yeah, no Twilight Remedy anymore :(

If I swapped Lightning Staff for Frost Staff for setup 2, could I be both healer and tank? :))

So, what do you think?
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on a list that lists most important buffs in sequence.

Buff Priority List
    1 - spc
    2- minor force
    3 - combat prayer
    4. Off balance
    5. Concussion
    So, I have been theory-crafting hard lately and I have a new setup I want to test (both in dungeons and vet trials):

1) First Setup
    Head - SPC, Infused, tri-stat
    Shoulders - Domihaus, Heavy, Divines, Max Magicka
    Ring - SPC, Spell Damage

Main bar - Asylum Restoration Staff / Master Restoration Staff - Powered, Weapon Damage

This setup gives me permanent bonus for SPC, and Jorvuld bonus for War Horn and Bone Shield (since I'm running War Horn on back bar ^^). I could swap Hardened Ward with Energy Orbs, so my shield would benefit from Jorvuld too, but it would break my rotations, so I will try it later if it works even without it.

2) Second Setup
    Head + Shoulders - Monster set of your choice, Divines, Max Magicka
    Ring - SPC, Spell Damage

Main bar - SPC Restoration Staff - Powered, Weapon Damage

Since I don't have Master Resto Staff and Asylum is just ... meh, and since I also stay on my front bar most of the time, I could have the SPC bonus just on my main bar (you know, Mutagen is the way to go for spc uptime). I have to test uptimes with it, but this would open slots for monster sets and the moster set I really want is .. Earth... no ... Lord Warden Dusk! Why? Because Boundless Storm + Lord Warden Dusk is so OP. I'm not sure about Stamina on this setup though.

And yeah, no Twilight Remedy anymore :(

If I swapped Lightning Staff for Frost Staff for setup 2, could I be both healer and tank? :))

So, what do you think?

:D was just talking about this set today too with another end game sorc healer.

First I have two master restos and to me I think we give already enough resources. So gave to my Templar and warden.

Honestly in regards to guidance I think it's easier to use then twlight and fits build like it was made for it. Resolves losses in buff uptimes from bar swap or bad rotation and both shields are buffed. Only issue is in trials you won't have some for burn phases. Then again hmm suppose there's plenty more with Major vality. Was leaning towards it more for trials since aoe synergies aren't really sorc thing. Yeah I am considering it still.

I feel like healer monster sets are under used, but still possible.I would keep track up uptimes to see if it works.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can find rotation for it. Might be able to use all monster helms depending on a whim or the situation. The true pet healer. Oh good how often I wanted such fun.

One thing I did see issue with guidance set is you won't get for shields if you bar swap. Another issue is we really do have a lot of minor and major buffs so keeping it all on one bar will be interesting. I suppose maybe if you put longer ones on main bar you might be okay. Yeah seems very interesting.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I was testing the second setup yesterday and today pretty intensely. I also tried PuG vRoM HM (today's pledge), but we failed on statues, so no HM today :(

The result is pretty good, I had lots of fun using various monster sets and I have to say they are pretty underrated. For example Chokethorn is pretty cool and can ease some pressure from you. It also has insane range. I had good results with it in vRoM :) Nightflame is not very good except bosses. It has small range, but the healing output is pretty good. I want to test it more in trials. Lord Warden is great, I was hitting 24k spell resistance and 21k physical resistance with it :) But in PuG many tanks use it. I will definitely test more sets in dungeons because it's really fun. I needed something like this to keep me interested, since I was running the same sets for a long time and I haven't felt like playing much lately with my sorc (except for guild actions).

What I need to work on is the armor setup. I tried running double-stat food, which took me back to square one. Maybe I'm more experienced now, maybe I don't overuse Circle of Preservation, but I was able to use it even with 10.5k Stamina. But it didn't feel right, even the 18k+ Health was refreshing. 17.5k is sometimes stressful.

Now my DK healer needs to farm another Jorvuld set :(
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I was testing the second setup yesterday and today pretty intensely. I also tried PuG vRoM HM (today's pledge), but we failed on statues, so no HM today :(

The result is pretty good, I had lots of fun using various monster sets and I have to say they are pretty underrated. For example Chokethorn is pretty cool and can ease some pressure from you. It also has insane range. I had good results with it in vRoM :) Nightflame is not very good except bosses. It has small range, but the healing output is pretty good. I want to test it more in trials. Lord Warden is great, I was hitting 24k spell resistance and 21k physical resistance with it :) But in PuG many tanks use it. I will definitely test more sets in dungeons because it's really fun. I needed something like this to keep me interested, since I was running the same sets for a long time and I haven't felt like playing much lately with my sorc (except for guild actions).

What I need to work on is the armor setup. I tried running double-stat food, which took me back to square one. Maybe I'm more experienced now, maybe I don't overuse Circle of Preservation, but I was able to use it even with 10.5k Stamina. But it didn't feel right, even the 18k+ Health was refreshing. 17.5k is sometimes stressful.

Now my DK healer needs to farm another Jorvuld set :(

Trollking might be interesting. If you output more for burn phases or other healer falls.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399259/any-thoughts-on-a-sorcerer-healer-build#latest

In case you missed it. There's actually several different sorc builds mentioned inside here.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@troomar

Here's some things to look at if you are bored.

Blood altar mystery, I think eso residents would like to actually know when procs. Rumor is 30%, but even I can't say for sure.

What do you know for burn phases in place of when others healers would use nova or frost warden ultimate? How do you give your team more time? I seen this done with war horn rotation, but is there anything more we could do? I considered earthgore for such reasons.

How to maximize number of allies using synergies. As ally number grows the effectiveness of twilight on sorc gets harder.

In similar regards how to maxim the number of procs for twlight remedy.

Discussion Monster helms

As said before would be interesting to see a healer who could switch out monster helms. Just purly thinking about it more probably most interesting on in trials is sentient. That's 4k to stamina to allies. This will work will when stacked. Earthgore from what I heard is good for large arenas (asylum) and hard mode vet trails where you need to burn.

Discussion Guidane

I am starting to see the light or more like guidance will be better in trials then said twlight remedy on sorc... well usually. It's hard to ingore increase uptimes, and shields for allies and ones you give will be longer. Mind you I still think twilight is better for offensive, but will go out and test concepts in coming days.

Discussion vROM HM

If you are by the entrance door after min boss you won't get totem. Mouse clicking seems give totem more damage... or it's all in my head. But can use barrier after mini bosses and should be good. Build ultimate generally the min boss phase.