The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Winter festival, another dissapointing event for last years participants (branch festival 2.0)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I logged in today and what do you know! I'm done with this years new life festival. All the quests were the same and yet imperials which are a race that have been part of the elder scrolls universe for some time were not even given a quest even though we requested last year and you know, a festival would help in relieving stress the planemeld caused to the imperials... 3 momentos added that are essentially items that existed last year as consumables so do they really count? And no new achievements so I qualified for this years event vendor immediately... no new achievements not even a simple one like placing a holiday item in your house.

Clearly all the effort went into the crown store just like the branche/witches festival 2 months ago. We cant even earn those crown dyes that zos keeps insisting on being ununlockable and no real reason to continue the same old quests last year as I can buy those 3 copy and paste momentos for 500 gold each in a few days... Why cant zos be like wow where they put a mount behind the daily rng of the festival? atleast then Id have a reason to run the same quests over again. Or even the chance at crown store items that got all of zos efforts... Ofc I'm ready to get attacked by white knights that are happy just for getting an xp buff which isn't even exclusive to this particular festival...

TLDR no new achievements, no new items, and all effort went to crown store, crown dyes still are not unlockable or permanently buyable
Edited by Aliyavana on December 14, 2017 10:23PM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but its not disappointing at all. Im happy they made the new momentos and im looking forward to getting them.
    People who didnt get everything or finish achievements can do so now.

Stop being a stick in the mud.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I logged in today and what do you know! I'm done with this years new life festival. All the quests were the same and yet imperials which are a race that have been part of the elder scrolls universe for some time were not even given a quest even though we requested last year and you know, a festival would help in relieving stress the planemeld caused to the imperials... 3 momentos added that are essentially items that existed last year as consumables so do they really count? And no new achievements so I qualified for this years event vendor immediately... no new achievements not even a simple one like placing a holiday item in your house.

Clearly all the effort went into the crown store just like the branche/witches festival 2 months ago. We cant even earn those crown dyes that zos keeps insisting on being ununlockable and no real reason to continue the same old quests last year as I can buy those 3 copy and paste momentos for 500 gold each in a few days... Why cant zos be like wow where they put a mount behind the daily rng of the festival? atleast then Id have a reason to run the same quests over again. Or even the chance at crown store items that got all of zos efforts... Ofc I'm ready to get attacked by white knights that are happy just for getting an xp buff which isn't even exclusive to this particular festival...

TLDR no new achievements, no new items, and all effort went to crown store, crown dyes still are not unlockable or permanently buyable

Really? You're surprised? When is the last time ZOS did something really good?... Nerver? Just like WWE with Roman Reigns, keep shoving it down your throat until you accept it, what you think, want, wish for is of no worth.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    Sorry but its not disappointing at all. Im happy they made the new momentos and im looking forward to getting them.

those mementos already existed as consumables last year so it took little to no time to make them as they were already made, and new players not experiencing the festival last year does not mean it is new content.l

Ofc you don't mention how zos put all the effort into the crown store and not into new additions into the event
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking upon it as a free xp buff. I'm glad it's the same as no inane repetitive farming for a certain item and deluding myself the title is worth it as i never use the titles anyway. I can sit back and watch everyone else run around like their life depends on killing x amount of bugs and catching 500 duplicates of the same fish whilst never seeming to catch the cucumber or whatever the fish they're needing.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really interested in festival re-hashes - I found this festival tedious last year.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saves yourself the trouble of grinding the dailies then.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still wish event-exclusive dyes weren't a thing, and it would have been nice to give Imperials a quest, but this isn't particularly new. I think New Life last year was when they started with the crown store hat packs related to the event? (I barely remember the first Witches Festival except for poor souls asking where they could find their gosh darned pumpkin.)

The event's 95% similar so that those who missed it the first time don't have to play catch-up. Sure, for those of us who did it the first time around, it's kinda lackluster, but they wanted you to play for the new mementos and lights instead.

I'd like some new features that don't require much grinding to be added to the events to make them different enough, but either way they do it, people would be upset. You and I are bored unless you really want those lights. New players or people who don't get to play often wouldn't be able to finish the old and new stuff.

I agree the branches were kinda dumb (I ended up putting them all in my coven cottage, which ended up okay, but still... dead wood. Thanks, I guess.) but they seem to have given us slightly more rewarding extras this time.

It just means I have more time to do other things. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it's fine if you feel the opposite. At least the boxes don't contain lockpicks to my knowledge. :wink:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay, my thread was moved to where it will die
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might be a bit biased or something around those lines, but I used to play runescape A LOT some years back. I always thought they did holidays right. Every single holiday had a new, never before seen quest, with brand new holiday themed items, every single year.

The items were a trophy of sorts to show how long you've been around in the game, as you only had one chance to get them, and that was it. If you didn't get it, too bad so sad, get the next item next year.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the only thing I am disappointed is imperial quest is not added...

Us who have imperial race unlocked always seem to get such treatment (no new life event, all racial furnitures locked behind pay wall etc)
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While new quests would have been nice, I think it's just nice to have events at all honestly. Gives us an enjoyable means of breaking up the monotonous grinds this game throws at us every day, be they Leader Board grinds, gear grinds or whatever else.

It's the season for being GRATEFUL, after all.
    Argonian forever
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I see what you did there
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as i never did it before, i liked it. But i could see how itd be frustrating for ppl tat were there last year.

this is what happens when there are crown crates. Instead of dev time going into this stuff, it goes into the :(
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why cant zos be like wow where they put a mount behind the daily rng of the festival?

what a terrible idea! are you forgetting how many people would complain if RNG didn't give them their mount within 180 attempts?
    if the new runeboxes are so terrible that you can't be bothered to make gold off them then just check if you have any characters who would benefit from double XP and be on your way. oh right, the double XP isn't effective or whatever because more than one event offers it. well then, skip the whole thing, i guess.

lucky you: it's optional!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will admit that I was disappointed that there were no new furniture or furniture plans included this year. Even though the Witches Festival swamped you in sticks, at least there were several new furnishing plans/furnishings.

I was really hoping for some sort of holiday tree or maybe greenery to decorate your home or special seasonal lighting. However, I have been pleased to see that people are getting a wide variety of lighting - green/blue/purple, MW and Dwarven included. Maybe the CWC lights are also included.

It's not much, I know, and I've already gotten the three new mementos. I have about a third of the motif pages/recipes for my new warden, so I'm still gonna play it to get the rest for him and to get him the achieves. But, yeah...I won't be playing this as much as I did last year, which I think is a good thing, as it got to be a real grind after a while.

I'd love to see a quest for Imperials added.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with them adding new achievements is that it makes it harder and harder for new players--who are already spending a lot of time playing "catch up" with other content.

Remember, this is a time-limited festival. The idea is that someone who plays the game during this time (and keeping in mind that due to holiday travel and activities, most people only have a limited amount of time to play this time of the year) should be able to reasonably complete the achievements.

So let's say you keep adding new achievements and things to do each year. What will happen five years down the road? A new player looking at this festival is going to be wondering how the hell they are supposed to complete it. The people playing this year have 7 instead of 4 runeboxes that they need to collect. That's already a pretty substantial grind, considering other new additions to the loot table is diluting the drop rates. Last year, I was able to get 100% completion of the festival (including collecting all the recipes/chapters) on just four characters. And I have a lot more than that.

So stop complaining about there not being new things--it's getting tiresome. Look at it from a broader, longer-term perspective instead of one centered on just your situation. Having the events be essentially the same each year means new players won't feel like that events are like having to scale Everest after years worth of accumulated "event creep". It means people who need to travel or be away during the holiday season can rest assured knowing that it's fine either because of their participation last year or that it'll be easy to catch up next year. It means that people can relax during the holidays instead of grinding events.

This is a good thing. Stop trying to paint it as bad.
    Edited by code65536 on December 15, 2017 7:21PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

And OP, what do you like about the game. No offense but I seem to find many of your threads are complaining about one thing or another.

And yes, I'd like to see more robust events with special instances bosses that have adjustable difficulty and rewards that are based on the difficulty.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The problem with them adding new achievements is that it makes it harder and harder for new players--who are already spending a lot of time playing "catch up" with other content.

Remember, this is a time-limited festival. The idea is that someone who plays the game during this time (and keeping in mind that due to holiday travel and activities, most people only have a limited amount of time to play this time of the year) should be able to reasonably complete the achievements.

So let's say you keep adding new achievements and things to do each year. What will happen five years down the road? A new player looking at this festival is going to be wondering how the hell they are supposed to complete it. The people playing this year have 7 instead of 4 runeboxes that they need to collect. That's already a pretty substantial grind, considering other new additions to the loot table is diluting the drop rates. Last year, I was able to get 100% completion of the festival (including collecting all the recipes/chapters) on just four characters. And I have a lot more than that.

So stop complaining about there not being new things--it's getting tiresome. Look at it from a broader, longer-term perspective instead of one centered on just your situation. Having the events be essentially the same each year means new players won't feel like that events are like having to scale Everest after years worth of accumulated "event creep". It means people who need to travel or be away during the holiday season can rest assured knowing that it's fine either because of their participation last year or that it'll be easy to catch up next year. It means that people can relax during the holidays instead of grinding events.

This is a good thing. Stop trying to paint it as bad.

A new player always has next year :)
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait for the event where you get a reward for completing daily quests... Is that the jesters fest? I was hoping it was this one but once I saw Breda I knew I was wrong. do 9 quests to receive junk. I appreciate the events but I wish they could add some new stuff for people who have completed this event last year. It would give me some incentive to do these quests. Ill probably try to level my warden up but other than that this event is probably my least favorite.

Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus they introduced a new profession this year, and recently had a big sale on Morrowind, so some of us have a whole bunch of brand new characters we're trying to get through it. Also leveling them and grinding legerdemain for five clawed guile.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok the fest and the quests are the same but boxes drop unique furniture like this (got it yesterday)

OKOkdut.jpg

*pic from ESO Fashion

plus got my newbies to learn the motif and recipies plus doubleXP

not complaining B)

Edited by method__01 on December 20, 2017 11:26AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others, I see it simply as a double xp time. Each year I get a few more of my characters the full achievement but the quests do get monotonous after a while so then I go back to adventuring and getting the most out of the extra xp.

It would have been nice if there had been a new hat or two, much like they did with the Witches Day event in adding 2 more masks. Honestly, I don't find nearly as much use in a momento as I do in costume items.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People always be complainin!
    sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1.png
    Personally, I'd rather have the team focus on new DLC and chapters rather than in-game events. Give me the XP boost and I'm a happy camper.
    Edited by Amphithoe on January 3, 2018 11:08AM
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition: This was my first time with the New Year Festival, and I thought it was pretty good. Met some fun people in the process of doing the quests.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    ok the fest and the quests are the same but boxes drop unique furniture like this (got it yesterday)

OKOkdut.jpg

*pic from ESO Fashion

plus got my newbies to learn the motif and recipies plus doubleXP

not complaining B)

one of my houses is like a furniture lighting store, i had so many of them drop. i did the event 4 times a day every day and made tonnes of cash selling runeboxes. still got stacks more stuff to sell. so tonnes of xp, cash, furniture, recipes, all my toons got a full set of skinchanger. i am glad its over though, i finally have time to do other things
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Imperials should not get access to Festivals....because of you lot the Anchors are here !....so no soup for you!
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? You're surprised? When is the last time ZOS did something really good?... Nerver? Just like WWE with Roman Reigns, keep shoving it down your throat until you accept it, what you think, want, wish for is of no worth.

Don't you talk about the Big Dog like that