The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TURN GOLD COAST TO A PvP ZONE(please)!

Prince_of_all_Pugs
Prince_of_all_Pugs
✭✭✭✭✭
Its in cyrodiil, and it would be really cool to have another open world zone. the theme of the gold coast is about murder, its totally fitting!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this would be awesome!
    i hope they do this.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if there's one thing the PVP bounty hunter addition to the Justice System showed us, its that PVE players like to mix PVP content with their PVE stealing and murdering.

Wait, what?
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would further thin the already tiny PvP population between another zone. You would have to outright replace Sotha or Shor with this zone campaign, and even then you'd end up with the same symptoms of population imbalance occurring there.

Cyrodiil is massive. Are you really tired of every nook and cranny now?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Aeph
    Aeph
    ✭✭✭
    No, there's already too much empty space in Cyrodiil, and the non-CP campaigns already feel like a ghost town, let alone with adding a new PvP area.

Gold Coast is a DLC area so PvP population would be low there also.

There's also no objectives there ie Keeps, Resources etc so it'd have to be entirely remodelled unless it was a totally objctiveless deathmatch type scenario that had no bearing on the rest of Cyrodiil. To be honest unless it was like a small scale, 1v1, 2v2, 1v1v1 Ranked PvP arena in the style of Kvatch arena or something, I do not see how PvP could or should be introduced to Gold Coast.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would further thin the already tiny PvP population between another zone. You would have to outright replace Sotha or Shor with this zone campaign, and even then you'd end up with the same symptoms of population imbalance occurring there.

Cyrodiil is massive. Are you really tired of every nook and cranny now?

YES, some people arent 1vXers, we dont like to hump every rock in cyrodiil.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe lore reason not to do so would be that all 3 alliances are pretty much focused on the efforts to rush the Imperial City and take the Ruby Throne. Therefore, the Gold Coast, more or less 2 independent city states by now, are going to be less of a priority to the alliances. I mean, these 3 alliances already have borders to Nibenay area which means no logistics problem. So the Gold Coast area would be of no strategical importance.

And I agree that this will thin out already dwindled pvp population. By then people will still claim that there's still too many empty spaces because it's not populated enough.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    It may be best not as an AvA but a place where you would be on your own. That would add a different element.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be very cool! :)

ZOS could even make a mode like Fortnite.

• 100 random players thrown into the same zone for mass PvP.
    • There’d be a circle that decreases in size every 2min which players must stay inside or they’ll die (stops ppl from avoiding combat/hiding forever).
    • Names would be hidden - no unfair teamups or ppl standing around not attacking ppl they know. Maybe even take it farther and have a bunch of set outfits that must be worn so players cannot be distinguished at all.

I’d play that so much lol. Significantly better than current BGs and would prob bring lots of players back. The whole concept fits ESO well and games that do it are very popular atm.

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

• There’d be a circle that decreases in size every 2min which players must stay inside or they’ll die (stops ppl from avoiding combat/hiding forever).
    • Names would be hidden - no unfair teamups or ppl standing around not attacking ppl they know. Maybe even take it farther and have a bunch of set outfits that must be worn so players cannot be distinguished at all.

I’d play that so much lol. Significantly better than current BGs and would prob bring lots of players back. The whole concept fits ESO well and games that do it are very popular atm.

I like it, kind of like PUBG. Maybe this would need a new area, maybe one of the towns from Cyro in it's own wee mini-map.

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

OMG that is the dream right now.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god, please no. I love exploring and doing the quests in the Gold Coast, adding PvP would make this as impossible as it is in the Imperial City.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god, please no. I love exploring and doing the quests in the Gold Coast, adding PvP would make this as impossible as it is in the Imperial City.

The Gold Coast seems like an awesome zone for PvP. Would be great to have both a PvP and PvE version. The chances of that happening are very low though :/
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want Gold Coast to be revisited (my favorite zone in game by far), I feel like this would destroy the cyro population. Yay to Gold Coast content though!!!
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if the gold coast would have good loot and resources nodes ,it would bring pver and pvpers alike to go there (like imperial city during its launch). it would help revitalize Pvp. its possible.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Gold Coast?
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if the gold coast would have good loot and resources nodes ,it would bring pver and pvpers alike to go there (like imperial city during its launch). it would help revitalize Pvp. its possible.

"Revitalize pvp" by killing every other form of pvp?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Gold Coast?

Its the zone added by the Dark Brotherhood DLC, formerly a region of western Cyrodiil.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good idea, but others have said it will ruin cyrodill. Maybe that's a good thing, turn cyrodill into a pve zone with new quests and all, like a new chapter we are supposed to get once a year( ain't going to happen). Then make us a new PvP zone, wherever it could be. Cheers.

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole case that any new pvp content added will kill pvp is toxic and stagnant.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole case that any new pvp content added will kill pvp is toxic and stagnant.

I think its more that we can take a look at the Imperial City in order to see the future of any zone that mixes PVE and PVP content.

Wait, the Imperial City is empty of most players except for tel var farmers, achievement hunters, and bankers except during major events?

No, I can't see any problems with making a new mixed PVP and PVE zone. None at all.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    The issue with making it a PvP zone is that it would ruin around 90% of the questlines there, and make it impossible to go through without being ganked by 5 other people. It's much smaller than Cyrodiil, which already has this problem for its questlines ever since they made towns objectives.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be an option where if a player has a bounty another player can attack that player and if they kill them the bounty is given to the player.

So that all the gold the bounty is worth or all they are carrying which ever is lower

Plus all the stolen items they have

Gold coast this would be always on other zones it's optional ... But you have to have it on to attack other
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    I think there should be an option where if a player has a bounty another player can attack that player and if they kill them the bounty is given to the player.

So that all the gold the bounty is worth or all they are carrying which ever is lower

Gold coast this would be always on other zones it's optional ... But you have to have it on to attack other

This suggestion shows up regularly. It was originally a part of the Justice System.

We don't have it because it was widely panned by the PVE playerbase and because ZOS couldn't figure out how to prevent it from being used by griefers.

Also, I point again to the example of the Imperial City, which is designed for a mix of PVE and PVP, which is simply bustling with PVE players...no, wait, its dead empty most of the time. Generally speaking, this is a player base that doesn't want to mix PVP and PVE.
  • Dominion_Mirages
    Dominion_Mirages
    ✭✭✭
    Just no.
    15 on Dominion's side
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This suggestion shows up regularly. It was originally a part of the Justice System.

We don't have it because it was widely panned by the PVE playerbase and because ZOS couldn't figure out how to prevent it from being used by griefers.

Also, I point again to the example of the Imperial City, which is designed for a mix of PVE and PVP, which is simply bustling with PVE players...no, wait, its dead empty most of the time. Generally speaking, this is a player base that doesn't want to mix PVP and PVE.
    I get pve players don't want in on the PvP action which why you just simply have option

Player justice on/off

When off you can neither attack or be attacked by players when on you can attack and be attacked by others if you have a bounty

You can't turn it off if you have a bounty to stop exploiting it

It's kind of win for all players
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get pve players don't want in on the PvP action which why you just simply have option

Player justice on/off

When off you can neither attack or be attacked by players when on you can attack and be attacked by others if you have a bounty

You can't turn it off if you have a bounty to stop exploiting it

It's kind of win for all players

This sounds good on paper, but most PvE players wouldn't participate I think. Also, I don't think players understand that killing players with a bounty wouldn't be as easy as they are envisioning. Stealth would act the same as in cyrodiil, meaning you wouldn't be able to even see enemy combatants in stealth like you can now and the BoW would (should) be enabled against them.

NB'S are already well hated for their ganking nature and players who lose to NB'S hate cloak, could you imagine the tears when they are one shotted over and over thinking they are going to get easy kills?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Why hold back on a great idea like this to save servers that no one plays?? Don't make no sense...

Let's do this!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »
    Why hold back on a great idea like this to save servers that no one plays?? Don't make no sense...

Let's do this!

I'd say don't do it because it'll kill the Gold Coast as surely as mixed PVE and PVP killed the Imperial City. Who goes there regularly except dedicated Tel Var farmers, dedicated solo/small group PVPers, and gankers?
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 6, 2018 10:40PM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you changed it to a PvP zone, then the players who bought the DLC under the understanding that it was PvE questing zone would rightly feel cheated. So no.