The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Announcement of Chapter II - when?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I do not think Consoles have received the new update. Zos would not announce the next chapter until that is released and probably at least a few days to a week afterwards. Business wise it makes sense to keep cleans lines between what you are promoting when it is essentially seasonal.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it there is two likely scenarios. The first is ZOS aims for another midyear release for the chapter, in which case we should be getting the official announcement with in the next two to three weeks, end of March at the absolute latest. The second scenario is they move the chapter back to a holiday/end of year release in which case the chapter will be announced at E3 this year.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i understand the 2 March projection for the announcement, and i am looking forward to the first official word, but i hope they give it another few weeks.

when the update hits consoles -- as much as i want to be optimistic, and support this company both in word and deed -- there will likely be problems that require fixing. i understand the division of labor, but Gina's team is our interface with the company. i don't want them to activate full HYPE MODE until all potential issues have been communicated to the good folks who fix our bugs, because promotion takes a lot of focus.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we're either getting the announcement (of the announcement) on 2nd March during ESO Live or we won't see Chapter II in Q2 this year (imho).
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 25, 2018 12:00AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Well, we're either getting the announcement (of the announcement) on 2nd March during ESO Live or we won't see Chapter II in Q2 this year (imho).

They can talk about it any time through 1Q (end of March) and into 2Q (beginning of April) and still deliver it in 2Q (before June 30).
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

We'll see it in Q2. Almost falling off the edge of June, probably. But still Q2. The only real difference is the preorder window, which really doesn't need to be four months. A 60 day window ahead of release is pretty good, especially if there's no box set involved this time around, which would be toward the end of April. Morrowind opened closed PTS on April 17, so an announcement for Chapter 2 in early April wouldn't be off-schedule.

The only functional change to the schedule was the addition of a second dungeon-specific DLC.

"Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25913

"Expect to see more dungeon content every year, including two in 2018."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26275?Game-Director-Letter:-ESO-in-2017-and-Beyond
    signing off
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they require a little more time. I am fine with that and be patient. Better they do something right than hasty and incomplete.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 of 2 things will happen here. Either the Chapter is so far from our current Quarter that its likely not coming until the 3rd or 4th Quarter. Or Morrowinds announcement was a one time thing and they arent going to announce it until we are much closer to the release date.

I personally think that Morrowind was a special occasion that they wanted to cash in on as much as possible. The best way to do that was to announce it months out to let word of mouth and advertisements to spread its release information around. That way anyone that might be a huge Morrowind fan but wasnt playing ESO would possibly buy in and get the game.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    After update 17 being released on consoles we should start hearing about Chapter 2