The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Announcement of Chapter II - when?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume 45-90 days or Q3
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Title says it all.

Chapter I: Morrowind was announced one year ago with a launch in June. Right now ZOS seems to be in the Dragon Bones advertising mode but I still want to hear news about the upcoming Chapter and it's features. The release date should be Q2 when they follow their initial plan so an announcement should happen in February / March - what do you think, when will we hear about it?

watch twitch tomorrow, is my hint

You think they'll announce it before dropping the DLC? Would be amazing but I don't think so. The announcement of Chapter I was announced as that and I think for Chapter II it will be the same - an entire stream just for Chapter II and not a "DLC" stream with infos on Chapter II like it would be tomorrow.
    I assume 45-90 days or Q3

Well, their plan is:

Q1: DLC
    Q2: Chapter
    Q3: DLC
    Q4: DLC
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 1, 2018 4:57PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won’t be on tomorrow’s ESO Live.

They’ll want Dragon Bones to have its moment in the sun. The only (likely) reason they announced it so early last year was because there was no paid DLC in Q1. It was Homestead and QoL stuff.

They’ll likely tease and announce the next chapter when everyone has Dragon Bones.

I’m just really curious as to what it’ll be called! And of course what it’ll offer besides a big new questing zone. Hopefully with less locked off places and empty bits this time around. Time will tell.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I’m just really curious as to what it’ll be called!

Well, I'd say a fair guess for the name is

The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset (Isles)

And if it's really Summerset Isles I'd say that's definitely no setting anymore for TES: VI. So Elsweyr might be a thing then.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni, where's the announcement! :(
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no eta
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely when Dragon Bones is out and settled.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    So here is my big question about the upcoming chapter:

Morrowind was $40 and gave us Battle-grounds, a new class, a new area and a new trial.

It does seem that 1 year would be too long of a time for a new class and I am wondering what they will put in place of this class and the battle-grounds feature to justify charging $40 again for it. Morrowind was already somewhat of a rip-off when you compare it's price-tag to other video games and what content we are getting but now I am wondering what we are going to get in this upcoming chapter for our money. Will it be even less? Is there something else we will be getting in place of a class and the battle-grounds mode? Or will we actually have a new class only a year later?

Morrowind in and of it's self was a disappointment.. it was NOT chock full of content, and here's yer volcano you can't explore taking up most of the map, and a buncha buildings you can't go it. They need to drop the chapter thing, make the new content DLCs, and sell the additional classes separately. Gating PVP modes behind a paywall just reduces the playerbase for those modes overall. Is there not enuff money coming from subs and crowns?

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty simple and obvious when chapter II will be announced.

We know it won't be announced before this next DLC goes live. Zos has pretty much launched one before announcing the next. Get one sold before distracting people by announcing the next.

The only reason Morrowind could be announced so early is because we didn't have a DLC this time last year.
    Edited by idk on February 7, 2018 9:50PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be early March... definitely after Dragon Bones has launched on consoles... usually the first couple weeks after a DLC launches on PC their time is consumed with patch fixes.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the chapter will be in Q3 since we are getting the Dungeon dlc in Q1

I too am very curious what it will contain. I didn't mind the price for Morrowind because it had a new class and battlegrounds. So $20 for the zone and $10 each for battlegrounds and the Warden Class. I do not see them releasing another class so soon. I am unwilling to pay $40 for just a zone. We shall see.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else worried that they're just going to incentivize the new Chapter by adding a new material tier that can only be gotten there, like they did with Imperial City?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:46AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »

I too am very curious what it will contain. I didn't mind the price for Morrowind because it had a new class and battlegrounds. So $20 for the zone and $10 each for battlegrounds and the Warden Class. I do not see them releasing another class so soon. I am unwilling to pay $40 for just a zone. We shall see.

Well if we're getting the Chapter in Q3 they changed their usual plan in the second year. Would be quite the disappointment when they can't even meet schedules one year after they made them.

Their plan was afaik.

I really hope we're getting the announcement very soon after Dragon Bones is live. Dungeon DLCs are very uninteresting and it's time for something "big".
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im with OP on this one, dont really care about dragon screens(bones) unless they are fixing lag/server issues..... Which they arent.

Just get on with the next chapter
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else worried that they're just going to incentivize the new Chapter by adding a new material tier that can only be gotten there, like they did with Imperial City?

So higher than CP 160 gear? I think people will riot if all their farmed gear suddenly becomes worthless. I doubt ZOS would do that. But we'll see.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd imagine it will go into overdrive after Dragon Bones is released. If it is the summer isles I'll be really impressed. Its what i've wanted since day 1.

Quite looking forward to DB, nearly have a lvl 50 healer (been a horrible grind). so will join my 500 something cp dps sorc :)

Will actually be able to get a game then :P
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet on the new stuff they will introduce in the new chapter is spellcrafting and a new weapon skill line.

Might have some changes to the crafting side too, maybe make it a bit more streamlined.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »

So higher than CP 160 gear? I think people will riot if all their farmed gear suddenly becomes worthless. I doubt ZOS would do that. But we'll see.

They can't stick with 160 forever. Doesn't make sense for the longer run.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    ZOS is continually honing their hype-management skills. It's all about providing a steady stream of events, announcements, buzz, and releases. Talking about content +2 when content +1 isn't out is just a waste.

i agree, yet, i still don't care about the dragon release as much as i do the next chapter.

the dlcs seem too similar to me, its just extra stuff...morrowind changed a lot of stuff and that's what i'm excited about = change!

new class that will be so op you'll need to buy the chapter to be competitive?
    new armors that "
    a cool new environment you'll want to explore
    an awesome new story "

===============

if the drag dlc doesn't come with a semi cheap flying dragon mount i'll be dissapointed. :-) im not everybody and i don't claim to speak for everybody. :-)

It isn't about caring for what is cokming out next, it's about steady hype for the game as a whole, and minimal overlap in upcoming content hype.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think last year they announced the chapter too early. It was after the console release of Homestead, but before the console release.

I was excited for the console release, but all everyone was talking about was the chapter. I mean, sure, I was excited for that too - but it distracted from homestead.

I think that Dragon Bones will have less discussion around it - homestead had a lot of discussion about all the creative stuff people were doing, but still - I want it to be out on all platforms before they announce the next thing.

My prediction:

9th March 2018
    Edited by AdamBourke on February 8, 2018 2:36PM
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured they would have done it at the Superbowl, but I don't watch football. I guess they didn't this year?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »

Well if we're getting the Chapter in Q3 they changed their usual plan in the second year. Would be quite the disappointment when they can't even meet schedules one year after they made them.

Their plan was afaik.

I really hope we're getting the announcement very soon after Dragon Bones is live. Dungeon DLCs are very uninteresting and it's time for something "big".

I would not be upset with a 3Q Chapter instead of a 2Q. Disappointed, yes, but that would vanish if it was 3 months of development better.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will probably after Dragonbones launches this month.

Maybe an announcement as late as March? but that's purely speculation on my part.

If the rumors are true and the next chapter is the rest of Summerset, I know my wife and I will greatly enjoy exploring it together. Maybe not as much as if it were Elsweyr (our Khajiit want to go back home for a bit), but we'll enjoy it all the same.

:)

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭

They said it was not in their plans for the moment, IIRC. But it was a long time ago... It could be a thing, but honestly, I hope they'll do something for our current gear because I don't really want to farm it again (took me three months on a daily basis for SPC, I was probably unlucky with my loot), especially the golden jewells I bought to the Golden Vendor.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    soon-my-friend-soon_o_175785.jpg

xcY0hdKETPWqqoB8ndeL67-CuDQ.jpg
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year they had to hype the otherwise lackluster Homestead patch and OFC nothing like a nostalgia filled Morrowind annoucement.

This year Q1 has proper base game + DLC content and Summerset won't have the same "wow" effect Morrowind had.

For these reasons it's sure to expect announcement shortly after console release for Dragon Bones, and Summerset CBT sometime in april more or less.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Seraphyel I reckon the next main series game they’ll do is Akavir. This way they get to keep dragons in the game and please the Skyrim fanboys and ESO gets to do whatever they want. I hope it’s about an Akaviri invasion that steals the elder scrolls and takes them back to akavir or something
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    NATCH POTE
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griffe wrote: »

They said it was not in their plans for the moment, IIRC. But it was a long time ago... It could be a thing, but honestly, I hope they'll do something for our current gear because I don't really want to farm it again (took me three months on a daily basis for SPC, I was probably unlucky with my loot), especially the golden jewells I bought to the Golden Vendor.

Well, they just could implement some kind of equipment enforcement system where you don't have to farm specific set items again and again but you need to get other crafting or upgrading items.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -