The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

It still rains inside Earthear Cavern (and other houses)... Still not fixed (7 months later)

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been away from the game since June and have just returned...

In June I had reported that after the Morrowind patch, it began raining inside Earthtear Cavern: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350302/bug-raining-inside-the-earthtear-cavern-wtf#latest

This was an issue within all houses at the time. It seems that issue was fixed within certain houses, but not Earthtear Cavern.

The issue was also discussed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350308/zos-nerf-earthtear-cavern-changes-noooooooooo#latest

The same issue occurred more recently with the limited edition Pariahs' Pinnacle. There were posts made about the issue, and it was very quickly fixed.

Can we please ask for this issue to finally also be fixed within Earthtear?

This is a prime location, costing a lot of real money. I'm unable to understand why the issues with Earthear have still yet to be fully resolved.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Pretty Please, can you have a word with the team to finally remove the rain from Earthtear, even if other issues are not fixed?

This only started as of Morrowind patch. Seems unfair that the issue has been resolved within all but this prime location

Thanks for your consideration
Edited by MacCait on January 31, 2018 3:07PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not fixed for some houses on ps4.

Exorcised coven cottage - rains inside
    Sleek Creek House - rains underneath the house
    Old Misrveil Manor - rains on balcony / veranda

It's not a huge thing but it does annoy me. A lot. Rain should not be coming through the roof. Rather poor programming.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Not fixed for some houses on ps4.

Exorcised coven cottage - rains inside
    Sleek Creek House - rains underneath the house
    Old Misrveil Manor - rains on balcony / veranda

It's not a huge thing but it does annoy me. A lot. Rain should not be coming through the roof. Rather poor programming.

Oh so there are still other houses with this issue too.

This all occurred at Morrowind patch. Something was changed or the bug began, but has never been entirely fixed.

In Earthtear Cavern, it is not just in a little place, but the entire Cavern. Even the stone building at the back. Its not even a drip here or there, which would be cool. It's full on terrential rain when it occurs, as if there is NO roof/ceiling whatsoever.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorinir Estate. It rains inside the first snugpod, but not the other two.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly this is an issue long overdue for fixing
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked the Goronir sugpod issue on a friends, and yes that rains inside too. Earthtear is still full on terrential rain in every part of the cave, including the building at the back
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should necro bump some more threads about this, just in case ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I think you should necro bump some more threads about this, just in case ...
    rolleyes.gif

that certainly WAS my intention ;)

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't own any homes that this occurs in but does the rain affect anything? This has got to be the only game I've played with weather effects that do absolutely nothing, not even dampen ones clothing or cause puddles to form. Might as well just get rid of the rain altogether if thats the best they can do.
    Edited by Sevn on February 24, 2018 4:17AM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway