Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "New Battlegrounds Await in Update 17"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article New Battlegrounds Await in Update 17. Mor Khazgur and Deeping Drome arrive as part of the Update 17 base game patch and free for all ESO: Morrowind owners. Learn everything you need to know about these new 4v4v4 arenas in our latest article!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are good maps. I have enjoyed them so far. I do hope, though, that with the release of the next Chapter upon us you guys consider making BG's base game to encourage more participation. More customization with the game modes and team sizes would be grand as well. :)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Both are good maps. I have enjoyed them so far. I do hope, though, that with the release of the next Chapter upon us you guys consider making BG's base game to encourage more participation. More customization with the game modes and team sizes would be grand as well. :)

I agree, make them base game. What else has Mr. Wheeler been up to?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE THE ICE MAP! Ive been having a ton of fun on that one as a nb, jumping level to level and avoiding death while picking off enemys
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to these.

A private Battleground option would be sweet. Guild only restriction or something. Be ace for PvP training.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These mobility maps are great... Unless your a templar! Brian we need a game mode where you sit in your house the entire game and just defend... Like King of the Hill, that would be epic for Templars skillset!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see content added to the new pvp system but nothing about when you're going to fix the old pvp system
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter, Battlegrounds will be dead until theres some rating system. Or only solo queueing as a temporary measure
    Rawr
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BG are quite awesome but the level difference is huge. Im an ok pvp players used to solo or small scale and yet i sinply get crushed big time by some better groups. I can learn from them but facing guys who are winning all their bg in a row is not so fun

A ranking system is required to bring bgs to the next level. Today this is just the occasional fun.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno why don't we get any news about the next Chapter?
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the maps as a whole, but I am really not a fan of Capture the Relic on Mon Kazgur. The approaches to the relics feel just a tad too limited, and it ends up feeling like the middle of the map doesn't exist.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would guess "wait until at least end of February mate ;)"
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised if they stay quiet about it until PAX in early April, honestly... Hype control. Not have a big, epic reveal 3-4 months from its launch as not to have hype have died down too drastically by the time it is actually being released.

Waiting sucketh, but I kinda expect a wait around 6 weeks longer... >_>
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wouldn't be surprised if they stay quiet about it until PAX in early April, honestly... Hype control. Not have a big, epic reveal 3-4 months from its launch as not to have hype have died down too drastically by the time it is actually being released.

yes, ZOS likes to hype us pretty much, I guess they will release some basic info in end of Feb, something like "Summerset will be the next chapter", but nothing more....then mid-March they will release one short trailer and more info at end of March or so..
    Edited by altemriel on February 22, 2018 10:56AM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to them on Console, been trying to find steamers doing BGs but most are still only doing Cyrodiil.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Looking forward to them on Console, been trying to find steamers doing BGs but most are still only doing Cyrodiil.

Mostly because CP is more solo friendly whereas nCP tends to be more group oriented to soften the imbalances of playing in a game mode that has most of the stats placed in the CP system.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

yes, ZOS likes to hype us pretty much, I guess they will release some basic info in end of Feb, something like "Summerset will be the next chapter", but nothing more....then mid-March they will release one short trailer and more info at end of March or so..

I mean, maybe that stuff sooner, but I won't be holding my breath...just gonna try to not think about it, and let it happen whenever it happens...in 5 days imma be all up in the Outfit System...aaaand leveling a new character. :P
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mor Khazgur
    Good things: nice map with a lot of movement possibilities. Blizzard effect makes it even more funnier. And tho without working map it was funnier.

Bad Things: you can bypass blizzard vision penalty by healtbar toggle option and still be able to see as far as it possible. Another bad thing is it have many small places where you can simply hide. For example you can pick Chaosball and jump to water, swim behind corner and just swim there while healer with rest of team will stack on top and spam heals; with it any melee enemy wont be able to do anything till chaosball debuff and ranged opponents will hit harder than healers. And people happily abusing it.

Deeping Drome:
    Good things: example of perfect map. As other map it allow large amount of movements. It has many places of los with different altitude but not entire walls that would allow enemy to hide behind it and wait to counterattack. LoSing on this map mostly mean for retreat and use it means decrease pressure on opponent. Match of Capture Relic is best type there coz on this map spawns are perfectly located: relic is not right below respawn and this allow for enemy to take relic if they won fight fight over it, without allowing to respawned enemy immediately join fight after respawn; also it prevent abusing safe zone for respawned opponents by simply stand in there and shoot at you or heal teammates without being afraid to participate in combat. Area infront of relics if flat with small los parts far from it that means that using LoS might result in loose of relic or inability to steal it; also allow to jump on lower altitude but that means same - reduce pressure. Area behind relics not exist and it means enemy cant simply sprinting around relics, losing everytime he is attacked and wait till no one look on him to steal relic, but he forced to jump of and run around to get back.

Bad things: crashes, disconnects and long load screens happen o this map for some reason more oftenly. That's only bad thing in this map.