The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How often do you get disconnected in ESO? PC and console players.

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I play on PS4 EU, and disconnects are so frequent that typing dc in chat is an abbreviation you often see in chat and everyone understands what it means.
I dc from the game 5 times yesterday and only played for about 6 hours. The worse is when you are typing, it is if the game kicks you for being idle talking in chat.
This is unacceptable, especially that I am paying money for a service, eso+ and a bulk of my time is being disconnected, reloging ect.
The absolute worse is when we get a dc in dungeon no death/speed run runs, and trial score runs, but it happens so frequently.

So how often does this happen, is this a issue we all have to deal with?
I played on PC at launch and I do not remember any of this happening at all.
Edited by Stinkyremy on February 21, 2018 1:23AM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC not very often.
    Ps4 at least once every time I play. If I'm lucky it is only once. Sometimes it is about every 15 minutes.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC not very often. PS4 Sometimes it is about every 15 minutes.
    This is what I am expecting the consensus to be

Edited by Stinkyremy on February 21, 2018 1:35AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA: Never.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ON PC NA i get disconnected unexpectedly during character swaps only. Once out of every 30-40 swaps it will boot me to login rather than character screen giving an unexpected error. I dont recall getting booted in game, if i do its so rare i dont pay attention to it.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rarely "disconnect" on Xbox NA.

However, my game does crash to the Xbox dashboard without fail AT LEAST once Every. Single. Day. This is when the screen freezes and you hear a stuttering noise and the game closes completely. It happens most frequently in DLC areas and Cyrodiil but it can happen anywhere.

After discussion with Xbox support, I have learned that Xbox games crash in this manner when there is a CODING ERROR.

I am still waiting for it to be fixed.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

However, my game does crash to the Xbox dashboard without fail AT LEAST once Every. Single. Day. This is when the screen freezes and you hear a stuttering noise and the game closes completely. It happens most frequently in DLC areas and Cyrodiil but it can happen anywhere.

After discussion with Xbox support, I have learned that Xbox games crash in this manner when there is a CODING ERROR.

Ohh crashes are a thing too, frequent thing, but I damn well know for sure this is a eso console thing.
    None of my PS4 games crash and have this type of error code, only eso. The game freezes, I can still speak to people in game on mic with the screen frozen so it isn't a PS4 error, or a disc error, it is as you daid, a coding error, because eso on console are just ports from the pc game.
    This isn't just me of course, happens all the time to everyone, happened multiple times last week on my dsa farming team, I think 3 out of 4 of us had it happen.

It happens so frequently that when you weapon charge runs out, or a guild member leaves or gets kicked, the game freezes for a few seconds, I always expect it to be a game crash!
  • MeinChurro
    MeinChurro
    ✭✭✭
    My entire dungeon party was kicked to character log same time last night. PC.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4/na
    Trials: on a good run once per run, bad runs pretty much every mob/boss

Pvp: (all campaigns) at 1 bar each once per 2 hours, at 2 bars each once per 15 minutes, 3 bars. Any fight, even 1v1 with dc.

Overland pve core game: starting areas are slow and guarantee voice chat to drop out but no dc

Overland dlc: 1once every hour there is an event or every 5-15minites if it is new
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    I get disconnected a few times a day, maybe 8, i play from 1 pm 0 6 or 7pm usually. I have the best internet you can buy and a top of the line PC. No other game disconnects me, its completely random with ESO. I can be in the middle of a huge boss fight and random disconnect even though im at 100% and 60FPS
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only when I pvp about 1-2 times is 3 hours xb NA
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not disconnect much. Only if I open a crafting table in vivec or something
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never get disconnected.

However I still suffer infinite loading screens and game crashes, even on the Xbox One X. All dat Memory and Power still doesn't change much.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA. I've been DC'd three times in one night. Usually once a weekend. Especially during peak times on a Saturday.

Usually if I DC'd i've interacted with something. It's happened in dungeons a few times as well.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC, it is extremely rare. I am mainly overworld PVE and delves, though. I am holding off on PS4 until Dragon Bones drops because I don't want to level anyone.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm online when the daily router reset occurs, daily. If not very rarely, like maybe one or two times a month. PC

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to often but i def get a ping going from 80 to 999+ all day long
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Ohh crashes are a thing too, frequent thing, but I damn well know for sure this is a eso console thing.
    None of my PS4 games crash and have this type of error code, only eso. The game freezes, I can still speak to people in game on mic with the screen frozen so it isn't a PS4 error, or a disc error, it is as you daid, a coding error, because eso on console are just ports from the pc game.
    This isn't just me of course, happens all the time to everyone, happened multiple times last week on my dsa farming team, I think 3 out of 4 of us had it happen.

It happens so frequently that when you weapon charge runs out, or a guild member leaves or gets kicked, the game freezes for a few seconds, I always expect it to be a game crash!

Eso on console isn't just a port of the pc game, because the pc game doesn't have a voice chat client active.

You can tell that the voice chat server is a different thing from the gameplay server because of how you can be talking away without the slightest blip while the crowded game area is bringing stuttering surges of lag to everyone's movements and actions. Then there are the rare times that the game doesn't disconnect you from the voice server when you log out of a character.

The crashing to dashboard, that's not normal. Nobody I know has that issue. That it happens most often when the game is accessing certain areas of game data means it could be that some data got corrupted during an update download, or some patches of the console's disk drive are failing. Disk drives include extra space set aside to hold data when it discovers sectors going bad, but if the drive has already used up that extra space or the data got jumbled by the bad sector before it was flagged unusable... Then that means it's time for the game to be uninstalled, some disk diagnostics to be run to try and mark all the bad spots, and then a complete reinstall into the hopefully verified-good space.

As for the lag when a guild member joins or quits - go into the guild list and look at the roster of a guild with little join/leave activity and exit the menu from there. That will leave that guild as the most recent one with attention focus, and the activity on the rosters of the other guilds will happen quietly without giving you lag.
    Xbox NA
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC. Maybe once every few months? Its pretty rare.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4, I usually dc every time I run a trial. Always on a boss just to rub in the salt.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Iccotak on February 21, 2018 5:09AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play on PS4. In general one or two times a night. If I’m in Cyrodill or a trial, pretty much every 5-10 minutes. It’s endless.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only ever happens when I'm in a really bad pug for some reason.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much. Like every half an hour on PS4. It happens so frequently... and if you want to login again it doesn't work on the first try and you need to wait a little.

It always seems to happen when I move too quickly or push too many buttons at once... don't know. It is super super super annoying.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think once in the last 6months.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very rare, once per several months.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I play on PS4 EU, and disconnects are so frequent that typing dc in chat is an abbreviation you often see in chat and everyone understands what it means.
    I dc from the game 5 times yesterday and only played for about 6 hours. The worse is when you are typing, it is if the game kicks you for being idle talking in chat.
    This is unacceptable, especially that I am paying money for a service, eso+ and a bulk of my time is being disconnected, reloging ect.
    The absolute worse is when we get a dc in dungeon no death/speed run runs, and trial score runs, but it happens so frequently.

So how often does this happen, is this a issue we all have to deal with?
    I played on PC at launch and I do not remember any of this happening at all.

Well Im on PS4 NA and when im not in Cyrodil, i never get a disconnect. In Cyrodil i have times where its repeatedly disconnecting me, especially when lots of people are on scree.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Cyrodiil its rare but inside (Vivec campaign) at least once a session.

It can happen within minutes of entering Cyrodiil before any combat happens and things are quiet.

It usually happens during a big combat scenario, the kind where your eyeballs get seared from all the effects.

I had one yesterday which crashed so hard it took out the crash reporter which hung as well. Had to button the PS4 to get it to restart. :/

Very random, no apparent rhyme or reason I can see so far.
    EU PS4
  • Crowdosi
    Crowdosi
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA disconnect about 1 or 2 times a month. Usually can log right back in.
    Daggerfall Covenant, Guild: House of Twilight
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU, very rarely.

The game sometimes crashes when I close it but otherwise I don't get too many issues.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU, never