The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How often do you get disconnected in ESO? PC and console players.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Not going to say it never happens, but it happens so rarely, it's more like "Huh?"

Of course I do all the right things, including making sure the ports needed for the game are open on my router, Anti-Virus is not involved with the game, windows firewall is turned off (I have a cisco hardware firewall)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Gothren wrote: »
    every 2 hours give or take. zos needs to address this. i can't do vdsa without out getting kicked at least once.

frankly judging by the rest of the post I doubt it's on ZOS end. Are you on a hard-wired device?
    By that logic you would expect crashes and freezes on any online game, yet eso is the only game that I experience disconnections....

i don't believe you...
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU here.

In pve / open world, I get disconnected very rarely, and only when I'm loading a character.

In pvp, I get disconnected quite often, at least one time for a session of a couple of hours.

But my nightmare is my primary home, Matiisen Manor: there, I get disconnected ALWAYS, even after only a minute or so... I think it's haunted...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC used to crash to login rarely, after U17 it was happening 1-2 times per night, always in Cyrodiil.

Since the patch this Monday I haven't crashed once, even in huge drawn out battles. I didn't see any performance fixes listed, so it might be coincidental timing or (more likely) an addon that was causing the problems and has since been fixed.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, every single time I join a dungeon... most loading screens, most wayshrines, and also randomly... on PS4 Pro
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4 : never when pve but 1 or more times daily at pvp mostly at peak hours
    pc: never
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• C0L0SSUS
    C0L0SSUS
    ✭✭
    Xbox1 NA Never
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA. Very rarely. Usually when I disconnect, it's like when darn near all of PC na disconnects.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Beodamacsa
    Beodamacsa
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes 1-4 times a day. But sometimes I get days with no Dc's at all but most days i get at least 1-2.
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 NA....very rarely. Can't even remember the last time.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA - A F*****ing lot . And the crazy thing that i am beyond confused about
    is my ping is perfect anywhere between 50-100 MAYBE 200 at the most
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    PC-EU: PVE never. For PVP mostly when I come close to a bigger fight.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU - never
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    ps4 NA, I dc anytime something is going well.. no lie.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Seems from most comments the people that say they only disconnect once a week, usually dont play that much compared to other people. During peak hours it doesnt seem to disconnect as much imo.
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems from most comments the people that say they only disconnect once a week, usually dont play that much compared to other people. During peak hours it doesnt seem to disconnect as much imo.

Daily player, multiple (more than I care to admit) hours per day. Rarely disco. When I do, I can usually find the reason by doing a trace route but happily lately things have been nice and smooth.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Randomchaos
    Randomchaos
    ✭✭
    Xbox one NA almost never
    Edited by Randomchaos on February 22, 2018 8:49AM
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    XBox NA & EU

It can happen once or twice (rare) a day.

I know now when I am about to be kicked when the likes of the, I can't mount or npc window will not open or even changing skill bars. I just quit the game and come back in within a minute or two.

I do have a unreliable ISP (Virgin Media) which doesn't help but I do believe the games connection has improved imo.

• FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU, never.
  • Alqu
    Alqu
    ✭✭
    On PC NA..very rarely maybe once a month and afaik it has only twice not been on my wifi's end.
    Alqu - Sneaky bosmer dps (sNB)
    Allqu - Whirling dervish redguard dps (Sorc)
    Ocuili - Devout dunmer templar burninator (Temp)
    Ocuilin - Secretive dunmer dps/heals (mNB)
    Tletl - Drunken orsimer tank (DK)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC:EU - annoyingly often - like 2-4 times per hour - this was not that way before, it happens just recently and constantly - there are no better or worse times for it to happen.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm at college, once a week. At home at least 5 times a day
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since dragon bones patch its happening about once per hour - pc-eu
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know which one it will be. Crashing. Freezing. DCing. At least one happens a day. PS4 NA
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • drax036
      drax036
      ✭✭
      PC EU. The last two weeks have been annoying with at least one DC a night - mostly when using a wayhshrine. Prior to the last patch no DCs.
    • SkillzMFG
      SkillzMFG
      ✭✭✭✭
      Coming from PC EU I can say that I get DCed like once a month
    • wakeyjimb16_ESO
      wakeyjimb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Xbox EU. Very rarely these days. Now and again during heavy PVP workloads (and Wrothgar remains a blackzone at times, can't spend long in Orsinium).
    • Mic1007
      Mic1007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't remember the last time ESO disconnected me. I've lost my own internet connection a few times while playing, but a disconnect from the server side? Yeah, it's been a LONG time.
      @Mic1007
      Champion Rank 900+
      DC/AD/EP
      PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Daily player here too and very rarely disconnect. Couple weekends ago I did a trial where I was DC'ing constant... very quickly realized it was my internet. Fixed my network issue - boom. No problems.
      Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    • SecretJoy
      SecretJoy
      ✭✭✭
      I never got disconnected on my PC until the latest patch. Now, it happens at least once an hour...not okay.