The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How often do you get disconnected in ESO? PC and console players.

• thorstenb16_ESO14
    PC / EU and tbh? Extremely rare.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU in here. After I changed to better quality ethernet I have only been getting disconneted only about once a day, but thats because of that AFK kick mechanic. lol

Otherwise it has been long time since I got disconneted (excluding infinite loading screens followed by alt f4).
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox EU I’ve only been disconnected once in the past week and s half. Oddly I was disconnected in a delve somewhere in Vardenfell
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can't believe that there are PS4 players who don't get disconnected at all. I mean why do some PS4 players get several disconnects a day (although their connection is fine, I've got <50ms) and others claim they don't get any?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4-NA
    Only times I disconnect is when PSN is having an issue or when my ISP is having an issue.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU and PS4/EU. DCs as such - very, very rarely (and all the times problem was with my ISP as I had no connectivity for two or three minutes). The game crashes a few times per month though. Mostly while porting between wayshrines and on rakkhat.
    Edited by tommalmm on February 21, 2018 10:12AM
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 eu ...normal questing i rarely get a dc, as in none at all in the last couple of weeks
  • GiuEliN0
    GiuEliN0
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU none in the last month.
    But it can happen, rarely, but happens.
    Beta-tester January 2014
    PC EU
    Most Important Character:
    Elsewin, DC, Bosmer Stamblade PVE cp 1100+ Flawless Conqueror
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/12343192/signatur.jpg
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox one NA every day
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA. Almost never. Unless I go idle for more than 10 minutes.

Something to consider is that if you're on a console, it might not be on ZOS' side of things. Could have something to do with PSN or your wireless reception (assuming you're using a console wirelessly,) or even your ISP.

Seraphayel wrote: »
    I really can't believe that there are PS4 players who don't get disconnected at all. I mean why do some PS4 players get several disconnects a day (although their connection is fine, I've got <50ms) and others claim they don't get any?

Are you playing wireless? Even if you're getting a great ping, there are problems that could arise which could cause interruptions to your connection and cause disconnects.

I stopped using WiFi for gaming about 5 years ago, or whenever dota 2 came out. I noticed really frequent micro-interrupts in my connection. Every minute or two my game would basically freeze up for a fraction of a second. Doesn't seem so bad but in a MOBA that amount of time can mean the difference between life and death, pr0 and n00b
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 21, 2018 10:41AM
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU - Not much, once or twice in a year. I had two dc today though, both in Rawlkha.
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox One in NA and I rarely get disconnected.
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC EU and I got disconnected a couple of times after the last update when everyone on the server was having problems.

I can't remember the last time it happened before that, and it hasn't happened since. Even when I've been playing in Cyrodiil, although to be fair I've been in the sub-50 campaign and I've seen maybe 1 other person outside of the home base (and only about 2-3 in the base).

Admittedly I do have pretty good internet, most things are very fast and I rarely have problems with any game (which is what I'd expect at the prices BT charge). I suspect that counts for a lot.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every 2 hours give or take. zos needs to address this. i can't do vdsa without out getting kicked at least once.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    every 2 hours give or take. zos needs to address this. i can't do vdsa without out getting kicked at least once.

frankly judging by the rest of the post I doubt it's on ZOS end. Are you on a hard-wired device?
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

frankly judging by the rest of the post I doubt it's on ZOS end. Are you on a hard-wired device?

I connect directly into my optimum modem. im the only one using it.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU PC. I get disconnected very rarely. Maybe about once a month. The last time was so long ago I don't remember exactly when it was.
    PC EU
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PC gamer, I always hated how potentially awesome console games would end up as bad ports to PC.

I definitely feel for you in this regard :( Doesn't matter console to PC or PC to console, players paid for a decent service and are getting crap.
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox, it was far worse 6 months ago for me. Random disconnects probably 6-10 times in a whole day's play. Now it's probably 1-2 times a day (not counting the numerous times I get login errors). Lag though has substantially increased even in low traffic areas/private instances
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU: Never

I don't PvP or do competitive PvE, and don't use addons. I have not had any significant performance issues since launch.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4, its hit and miss. I can go days without any issues but the other night I DC'd 3 times back to back, once while literally standing in my house, no effects, no abilities, just standing in my house. I will tell you when you are trying to complete something, be it a dungeon or quest and get the DC I just say F it and turn it off. So frustrating some days.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have screen freezes (not sure if you're calling that a DC) sometimes. It seems to go in streaks, like some nights are bad most nights it doesn't happen. This is pretty much exclusively in trials, but sometimes in Cyrodiil as well, and very rarely anywhere else. As far as actually getting kicked from the game? It happens about once every few months.

PS4/NA
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, prior to the Cyrodiil update to fix long loading, A LOT and all over the place. Wrothgar, Vivec, Cyro mostly. But after that patch, and coinciding to switching to a SSD for ESO only, None. UNTIL, this last couple weeks have had a lot of serious lag and 2 crashes to dashboard in Cyrodiil during some populated keep battles. Makes me wonder if occasional wipe and re-download is beneficial?
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA
    Maybe 1 time in the last 6 months.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    leaving aside launch, hardly ever.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never. Ever.

PC EU, with a low spec PC. I only crash because of my addon overload :D

Edit:
    Turelus wrote: »
    PC EU, very rarely.

The game sometimes crashes when I close it but otherwise I don't get too many issues.

I assume Windows 10? Try to log off to character menu and you won't crash anymore when closing ESO.
    Edited by Grabmoore on February 21, 2018 8:08PM
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabmoore wrote: »
    Never. Ever.

PC EU, with a low spec PC. I only crash because of my addon overload :D

Edit:
    Turelus wrote: »
    PC EU, very rarely.

The game sometimes crashes when I close it but otherwise I don't get too many issues.

I assume Windows 10? Try to log off to character menu and you won't crash anymore when closing ESO.

There is certainly an issue of "crashing" when exiting ESO, but I don't think it's anything to do with Windows 10, it's when you log off in a safe area such as a city - i.e. it's a result of doing an "instant quit". However, your workaround may well be one answer, another would be to log off outside a safe area. If it's the "crash" I'm referring to, however, it isn't really a crash and nothing actually happens beyond an error message when you return to the desktop as intended. There may, of course, be a separate issue with addons.
    Edited by Tandor on February 21, 2018 8:32PM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I play on PS4 EU, and disconnects are so frequent that typing dc in chat is an abbreviation you often see in chat and everyone understands what it means.
    I dc from the game 5 times yesterday and only played for about 6 hours. The worse is when you are typing, it is if the game kicks you for being idle talking in chat.
    This is unacceptable, especially that I am paying money for a service, eso+ and a bulk of my time is being disconnected, reloging ect.
    The absolute worse is when we get a dc in dungeon no death/speed run runs, and trial score runs, but it happens so frequently.

So how often does this happen, is this a issue we all have to deal with?
    I played on PC at launch and I do not remember any of this happening at all.

never
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA:
    Never. Although I do log out and back in every few hours when I notice the game gets extra laggy and textures don't load correctly. Never been disconnected by the servers though unless my internet goes out.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By that logic you would expect crashes and freezes on any online game, yet eso is the only game that I experience disconnections....