Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please bring back CP BGs!

gabormezo
gabormezo
✭✭✭
Gotta say that it was way much better. Atleast, provide a CP queue along with No-CP one. There should be enough players to cover this, because queue is broken af atm, which is the clear indicator of the healthy population.
Edited by gabormezo on February 14, 2018 10:08PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol good one
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is surely testament to the commitment of players to their own preferred form of PVP.

CP PVPers like CP PVP.

No CP PVPers like No CP PVP.

Unless this is just a troll post, what with Battlegrounds only having been No CP for 3 days under the new patch and probably suffering like everything else with the weapon swap bug (hopefully fixed by Monday).
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is surely testament to the commitment of players to their own preferred form of PVP.

CP PVPers like CP PVP.

Unless this is just a troll post, what with Battlegrounds only having been No CP for 3 days under the new patch and probably suffering like everything else with the weapon swap bug (hopefully fixed by Monday).

I'm at 690 cp, so I'd basically be max cp in a couple of days, but I still prefer non-cp pvp. That because it makes bg's a lot fairer for low-cp players, and therefore more interesting for me. Additionally low-cp players are less afraid to enter which reduces queue times and increases the feasability of a MMR system.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two days after patch! I expected this thread about 23 seconds after the patch dropped. Seems like noCP is really favoured by most...

And here I am, seeing it only 5 days later... :dizzy:
    Edited by Leandor on February 19, 2018 12:16AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is spending 20 minutes tickling a 40k HP permablock tank fun?
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

If youre the 40k hp permablock tank and in minute 19 your friends arrive, you aren't really having fun, but youre having more fun than if you died in 20s in no cp.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

CP PVPers like CP PVP.

I'm at 690 cp, so I'd basically be max cp in a couple of days, but I still prefer non-cp pvp. That because it makes bg's a lot fairer for low-cp players, and therefore more interesting for me. Additionally low-cp players are less afraid to enter which reduces queue times and increases the feasability of a MMR system.

When I said CP PvPers, I was referring to PvPers who prefer CP PVP.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they make two seperate queues?

CP and No CP?

Why cant this be done? It solves the problem flat out
    Edited by CaliMade on February 19, 2018 3:23AM
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp bg is just fast pace and fun

Cp is not adapted to bg

They could do two queues once the bg population is big enough but honestly bg is by design more suitable for no cp
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 19, 2018 3:39AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »

If youre the 40k hp permablock tank and in minute 19 your friends arrive, you aren't really having fun, but youre having more fun than if you died in 20s in no cp.

I can't imagine that holding down right click is any fun at all TBH.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • GandTheImpaler
    GandTheImpaler
    Class Representative
    No CP is a hell of a lot more balanced and healthy. No idea why people want them back in bg's. Probably the same people with over-tuned healers or tanks. HYPERTHINK
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm max level CP and I far prefer non CP BGs. The fact that perma block tanks and infinite sustain breath spammers can't exist as easily im that environment is instantly more enjoyable and flat out fair.

All I want is a solo que and group system. Such that people in a premade group can not que for solo ques. A solo que would put you on a team of 4 people without having to fight against a pre made group of 4 people and get rolled becauze your group is too disorganized to compete
    Ad Victoriam!
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a troll post, it's my opinion. I just don't get what holds them back to provide two queues that will make you and me happy. There should be enough players, because as I said, when you see a broken queue popping up that annoying "someone has declined" message at every second instead of dropping you in, it means there are more players than that broken crap is capable to handle.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »
    It's not a troll post, it's my opinion. I just don't get what holds them back to provide two queues that will make you and me happy. There should be enough players, because as I said, when you see a broken queue popping up that annoying "someone has declined" message at every second instead of dropping you in, it means there are more players than that broken crap is capable to handle.

What holds them back isn't necessarily the number of players, though that has something to do with it.

# of Players: when you don't have enough players active for a wide and varied pool from which to pull your matches, layers start seeing the same pre-made groups over and over again. Most likely, random thrown together groups get slaughtered by those pre-mades over and over again. That gets discouraging real quick. It was a problem with the old No CP BGs, it was a problem with the new CP BGs, and it'll probably still be a problem. Ultimately, ZOS has the data.

But the real reason is balancing issues.

Balancing gets more difficult with BGs because you also have to consider PVP in light of Cyrodiil. No CP BGs performs pretty similar to No CP Cyrodiil and doesn't alter whatever's happening in CP Cyrodiil. For example, saying you have an extreme tank build fueled by CP. This tank build will be moderately effective in Cyrodiil, where you can bring numbers to bear against the tank. In CP Battlegrounds, the tank is much harder to deal with in 4v4v4. In No CP BGs the tank can't be quite as extrememe as is easier to kill meaning the tank can be dealt with better in a 4v4v4. So No CP BGs is much eaiser to balance for extremes without having to touch CP builds that are unbalanced in a 4v4v4 but are not unbalanced AvAvA. Note that I am in no way blaming CP, its just that builds with CP before differently in a mandatory 4v4v4 than they do in a AvAvA and its hard to balance those together so you don't nerf something to uselessness in Cyrodiil because it was overperforming in BGs. (or why ZOS doesn't balance PVP around duels.)

Overall, it became clear the CP BGs had the same population issues as No CP BGs (ZOS has the actual data and moreover, that No CP BGs and No Cp Cyrodiil are much easier to balance together than are CP BGs and CP Cyrodiil.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I like the non CP better, I thinks it is more enjoyable. More fair? It feels like it too me. Cheers
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. NonCP is so much fun.

Caluurion, Skoria, Zaan, Thorvukun, Viper, Ophidian venom, Selene, Velidreth and whatever doesn´t pop into my mind right now fun.

People sure do enjoy their armor playing the game for them :joy:
    Atleast i don´t have to deal with those in cyro. Now if they could only make snipe builds vaible in bgs and we´d all be happy.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious solution would be: drop CP altogether in PVP, and balance stuff separately on battlespirit. Imho PvP is way more balanced in CP right now.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP should be removed from pvp entirely, as almost every imbalance issue in the game stems from it or can by remedied by it's removal.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    CP should be removed from pvp entirely, as almost every imbalance issue in the game stems from it or can by remedied by it's removal.

When I want to play in No CP PVP, I'll come join y'all in Sotha Sil.
    Until then, I'm perfectly happy to play in Vivec. I've tried No CP PVP, just not really my cup of tea, but it obviously works better for Battlegrounds, so I've got no gripes there.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice stamina classes waxing everything i n no cp? Nightblades, wardens, sorcs, Templars all owning magicka at the moment.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mich prefer noCP and the pace is way better suited to BG. If I want tanky zergs I go Vivec.

And yeah @Hutch679 noticed that too. StamWarden was prevalent at launch but 2H def seems to rule the roost at mo. In particular as CC break seems bugged.

But I vote noCP all the way
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice stamina classes waxing everything i n no cp? Nightblades, wardens, sorcs, Templars all owning magicka at the moment.

I don't really feel that way. Mag sorcs, temps, and dks still hold their own.

Overall noCP is so much better terms of balance.

In noCP it really feels like it comes down to player skill rather than build and class carrying a bad player.

It's a much healthier environment.

In Vivic and Shor I get hate mail all day on my Nightblade.

In Sotha I actually get positive mail from enemies instead of hate.

Edited by lazerlaz on March 4, 2018 5:43PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade still seems really strong in no-CP. probably because it’s got a lot of fight control and can utilize Skoria insanely well from range
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far I'm seeing these results (for me):

Magicka Nightblade - Same wrecking business as usual.

Magicka Templar - Had to change build to heavy and more offensive. Defense and heals do not work good at all. Defile is everywhere.

Magicka Dragonknight - Still need practice on DK but heavy and more offensive seems to work better than anything else.

Magicka Sorcerer - Very easy to sustain and keep damage up. That execute...just wow.

What I get killed by the most is Stamina Nightblades though. There are just so many.
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 5, 2018 1:50AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far I'm seeing these results (for me):

Magicka Nightblade - Same wrecking business as usual.

Magicka Templar - Had to change build to heavy and more offensive. Defense and heals do not work good at all. Defile is everywhere.

Magicka Dragonknight - Still need practice on DK but heavy and more offensive seems to work better than anything else.

Magicka Sorcerer - Very easy to sustain and keep damage up. That execute...just wow.

What I get killed by the most is Stamina Nightblades though. There are just so many.

Must agree, BGs are flooded with stamNBs.
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭

There needs to be a cull.
    I've chased stealthing stamblades across maps with inner light and aoes after failed bg ganks.
    Perhaps reducing the cost inner light would curb them.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There needs to be a cull.
    I've chased stealthing stamblades across maps with inner light and aoes after failed bg ganks.
    Perhaps reducing the cost inner light would curb them.

Flare, in BGs it's not at all a wasted slot. Costs like 2k
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Am a cp player on cyro (Vivec) but have t0 say that no cp BG much better without co. Can play different build/style and not full of. Unkillable tanks and healer (am often one of those).
    Cheers to no cp !
    Edited by xericdx on March 9, 2018 7:09PM
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU