The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dungeon Finder Suggestion

• central_scrutinizer
    I just wish that the normal cap wasn't on. The Normal dungeons are not too hard for low lvl players at all, any of them. They were basically the only fun I really had when leveling alts and I've done plenty with groups of legitimate newbies who probably could have made it through even with another newbie in my spot.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I want is three settings:
    • CP0-160
    • CP161-CP300
    • CP301-CP690+

Doing the dungeon quest doesnt bother me as long as players know their class/roll and understand the boss mechanics.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on January 30, 2018 7:51AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    1. How is GF focused on DLC dungeons? The random GF is just that, random. Only if someone has specifically selected a DLC dungeon and entered GF us yiur chances for getting a DLC dungeon raised but that could happen with any dungeon.

What Zos could do is increase the add the check box and if it's not checked then the reward is decreased and provide the reward as though someone had already done their random for the day.

It does feel like that when you use the random dungeon finder that you get a DLC dungeon way more often than Non-DLC dungeons even though there are less of them. I have not taken down the results of my queues to look back but maybe I will start.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the random dungeon queue had a larger chance for a DLC dungeon if you are above the level that allows you to get them. This would cause people to spend more time doing their daily random because the DLC dungeons are the longest ones and we know ZoS loves to get us to spend time repeating content.

Also many things in this game like force-lock and pickpocket never seem to be totally on the up and up with what the percentage is telling you and what the outcome actually is so I wouldn't be surprised if the random dungeon finder was not completely "random"

The RNG in this game isn't totally random in terms of other things either like gear. Why do I get bone-pirate restoration staff 20% of the time as my final loot drop from the last boss in Blackheart Haven? Why do i get an automaton inferno staff 20% of the time when I complete darkshade caverns as a drop from the final boss? How come sometimes I get the exact same piece of gear in the exact same trait as a group member from multiple bosses in a dungeon run?

Nothing in this game is completely random. ZoS holds all the cards here and doesn't have to reveal them.

Feeling like it seems that way doesn't make it so. Random is random but we tend to notice what impairs us more than what works fine.

It's like the force lock you mention. It's when it's unsuccessful and especially when that randomness isn't in our favor we notice. Those times with master locks we pick several in a row on the first attempts tend to fall from memory faster.

No i don't just forget stuff that happens. I remember it and then I formed this opinion based on my experiences. You have 0 proof that all of this stuff is random and that RNG isn't weighted. Just like I have 0 proof just my personal experiences and those of others which is all we can go off of. Someone actually posted a thread here a couple weeks ago where they took down the results of forcing 1000 locks of varying difficulties and they found that the percentages were off of their actual results. I wish i could find the thread and if I do I will post it here.

@idk
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390876/force-lock-percentage-is-incorrect-not-working-as-intended#latest
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that you suggest I have zero proof when you most certainly have zero proof. The link you provided isn't relative either as it has to do with a different aspect ornate gen game.

Your merely stating an oppinion that has nothing to support it by any means yet. All me our saying I did the same thing. Great idea. Btw, I didn't read what you linked other than to see it's not about the GF just as I didn't read last yiur first sentance after seeing where it seemed to be going.

Went back ans reading it. I'd suggest you actually read it so you can edit your comment so it is actually accurate. At least based on the OP. He has not done it 1000 times as you claim.

And remember, I added a suggestion that Zos could do that works with your idea and offers a benefit to checking the box to permit the DLC dungeons popping up.
    Edited by idk on February 2, 2018 5:49PM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree i have some max level characters that have low skill in undaunted and i would rather not get a dlc for a random. even on normal these dungeons can be a handful.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to level up my toons in dungeons with the GF before the specific level requirement. I got very very often ICP, RoM, CoS and WGT. A lot more often than any other dungeons and I really felt frustrated because I am paying for subscription and I am the one who is being punished by the "random" normal dungeons. Eventhough I could finish them because I am experienced enough and have/had enough CP aswell still feels just not right.

I find it pretty decent how they reworked the requirements but the job is not yet done with the GF. Still needs a lot of adjustments to it.

Like auto-accept role for a dungeon. (currently I'm using add-on for that)

Would really like to be able to create a group by opening my room, people can see it and join if they want. Had this in other MMO instead of this random dungeon thing and worked as it should. Could chat in the room, invite, kick, specify the requirements like level, set how many players can join to the room etc.

Oh and I forgot to add that you can get into a half done Pledge dungeon while you have the quest, that is a huge disappointment.
    Edited by Bevik on February 3, 2018 11:04PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that the normal cap wasn't on. The Normal dungeons are not too hard for low lvl players at all, any of them. They were basically the only fun I really had when leveling alts and I've done plenty with groups of legitimate newbies who probably could have made it through even with another newbie in my spot.
    The DLC normals was no fun with two below level 20 with no skill on character or player :)

With alts on decent players this was not an issue, you could also get good alts, my first dungeon on stamblade was ICP as level 17. First thought was hope I don't get kicked: first trash, caltrops and hail, then activate blender, 80% of group dps.
    Second thought: should I do an vote kick on other DD an cp400 something :) No he was in fight, had he been busy with inventory, bar or quest it would be no issue.

yes they could lower the 45 level requirements some, at least for the non dlc ones.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a random normal, but without a dlc, why don't you ask in your guild or zone some player who doesn't have plus or dlc's? Group up, then use random normal.

Bingo!

Edit: the player without dlc's needs to be leader.
    Edited by Mancombe_Nosehair on February 4, 2018 12:06PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:34AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Runefang wrote: »
    People who use random daily are in the same queue as those who select specific dungeons. Take away DLCs and those who want them will have a hard time.

I'd rather see a better reward for random DLCs. They're so much harder and take much longer.

So let's have the option for both, non-dlc and just DLC.

This is one way non-ESO+ subscribers benefit. They won't get DLC dungeons in the random dungeon finder. Unless they purchased the DLC outright.

I don't subscribe and I only bought Imperial City, so I guess you could say that I benefit from not having CoS, RoM, FH, or BF in my random options.

Of course, I also don't have access to achievements, gear, rewards, or the ability to farm motifs, or participate 4/6 DLC pledges to get extra Undaunted keys, so make of that what you will.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who use random daily are in the same queue as those who select specific dungeons. Take away DLCs and those who want them will have a hard time.

I'd rather see a better reward for random DLCs. They're so much harder and take much longer.

This is one way non-ESO+ subscribers benefit. They won't get DLC dungeons in the random dungeon finder. Unless they purchased the DLC outright.

I don't subscribe and I only bought Imperial City, so I guess you could say that I benefit from not having CoS, RoM, FH, or BF in my random options.

Of course, I also don't have access to achievements, gear, rewards, or the ability to farm motifs, or participate 4/6 DLC pledges to get extra Undaunted keys, so make of that what you will.

Wait...wait....
    So, you're speaking on a problem you are saying is a benefit to you personally, yet if that was applied to others, it's somehow wrong?
    Okay...
    Way to blow up your own argument. Well played...
    Edited by Kel on February 5, 2018 3:01AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

Wait...wait....
    So, you're speaking on a problem you are saying is a benefit to you personally, yet if that was applied to others, it's somehow wrong?
    Okay...
    Way to blow up your own argument. Well played...

No.

I'm saying that some people think I benefit from having less hard dungeons in my random queue. Which if you look at it strictly from that limited perspective, I suppose I do. Take a look at it from beyond that limited perspective and see that myself and any other players who don't own the DLC dungeons are missing out on quite a few rewards and other benefits.

I don't have to run Bloodroot or Falkreath as a random normal. Bit of a pity actually, I quite liked them during the ESO + trial. I also can't ever earn Undaunted Keys if they are the pledges or any number of other rewards from them.

So from a certain limited perspective, i suppose I benefit. My point was that the supposed benefit is only apparent from that very limited perspective.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    I definitely agree with the tick box. We have this in SWTOR so if I want to run a certain flashpoint or a group of flashpoints but want to leave others out since the probability of wiping with PUGs is high I can select only the ones that I'm willing to run. I see no issue giving the ESO player base the options to further control their gaming experience.

Exactly, freedom to allow or disallow certain difficulty of the content in your daily runs would help a lot of players especially since everyone plays at their own pace.
    That's what the option to select specific dungeons is there for. You don't get the extra special rewards that come with the risk of getting a hard random dungeon, but you can guarantee that you won't get content you don't want to do.

And I suppose if you're in a group of undergeared players who've never been in Falkreath before, you'd teach them the mechanics, right?
    Probably not...
    Choice isn't always a bad thing. And if you're not willing to teach, and you don't want to give players that chioce, you are also going to get groups that struggle and quit just stepping foot in those dungeons.
    Choices can be good...even for you...

Hi. I main a tank. Mechanics and teaching mechanics to PUGs is what I like to do. So if that group of undergeared players gets into Falkreath Hold with me and are willing to listen when I explain mechanics, we'll do fine.

So, uh, I have no problems with helping players through harder dungeons. I realize that's not the case with everyone. But that has little to no bearing on whether or not the Random Dungeon should or should not include DLC dungeons.

I guess this also means you lie.
    You don't own DLC? How is it possible you're running players through these hard dungeons like Falkreath Hold?
    You don't have access to them.
    You are something else.
    Why are you in this discussion at all? It doesn't affect you at all, while you're talking about how not doing these dungeons are a benifit to you, while saying others shouldn't "take the easy way out".
    Amazing logic...lol

YOU called it a benefit, not me. You are coming down on players for wanting a choice you enjoy yourself. You get the extra rewards you are trying to say others shouldn't for wanting to do the same level of content you yourself do while trying to tell others they are wrong for wanting to do so! It's pretty ridiculous.
    At the very least, you are coming off as a hypocrite that doesn't even really have a dog in the fight.
    Edited by Kel on February 5, 2018 3:43AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with the tick box. We have this in SWTOR so if I want to run a certain flashpoint or a group of flashpoints but want to leave others out since the probability of wiping with PUGs is high I can select only the ones that I'm willing to run. I see no issue giving the ESO player base the options to further control their gaming experience.

Exactly, freedom to allow or disallow certain difficulty of the content in your daily runs would help a lot of players especially since everyone plays at their own pace.
    That's what the option to select specific dungeons is there for. You don't get the extra special rewards that come with the risk of getting a hard random dungeon, but you can guarantee that you won't get content you don't want to do.

And I suppose if you're in a group of undergeared players who've never been in Falkreath before, you'd teach them the mechanics, right?
    Probably not...
    Choice isn't always a bad thing. And if you're not willing to teach, and you don't want to give players that chioce, you are also going to get groups that struggle and quit just stepping foot in those dungeons.

Hi. I main a tank. Mechanics and teaching mechanics to PUGs is what I like to do. So if that group of undergeared players gets into Falkreath Hold with me and are willing to listen when I explain mechanics, we'll do fine.

So, uh, I have no problems with helping players through harder dungeons. I realize that's not the case with everyone. But that has little to no bearing on whether or not the Random Dungeon should or should not include DLC dungeons.

You don't own DLC? How is it possible you're running players through these hard dungeons like Falkreath Hold?
    You are something else.
    Why are you in this discussion at all? It doesn't affect you at all, while you're talking about how not doing these dungeons are a benifit to you, while saying others should "take the easy way out".
    Amazing logic...lol

Oh dear.

I...

There's this thing called the ESO+ trial. So even though I only own the Imperial City DLC dungeons, I can and have ran all the DLC dungeons with other players. I realize that wasn't entirely clear from the post above, but I wasn't lying to speak of running and helping players complete Falkreath Hold.

I've also been playing and pugging since well before CWC, when getting WGT or ICP meant I'd be playing with low level players. Again, happy to help them work through it. Same thing with getting level 10 or 12 teammates in Fungal Grotto II. Or, even now, its easier, but I've got no problems helping weaker teams through dungeons.

Look, I get that you disagree with me that people shouldn't get the full rewards for the random dungeon when they opt out of certain dungeons, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be able to take part in the discussion. I'm a player, I run at least some of the DLC dungeons regularly and I run the Daily Random Dungeon. I can also weigh in on the meaning of "Daily Random Dungeon" just as well as any ESO+ subscriber or someone who owns no DLC.

But I've made my actual argument already in this thread. You disagree. That's fine. There's nothing more you and I are going to accomplish by arguing further. Or by insulting each other.

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not...

You are something else.
    Why are you in this discussion at all? It doesn't affect you at all, while you're talking about how not doing these dungeons are a benifit to you, while saying others should "take the easy way out".
    Amazing logic...lol

Oh dear.

I...

There's this thing called the ESO+ trial. So even though I only own the Imperial City DLC dungeons, I can and have ran all the DLC dungeons with other players. I realize that wasn't entirely clear from the post above, but I wasn't lying to speak of running and helping players complete Falkreath Hold.

I've also been playing and pugging since well before CWC, when getting WGT or ICP meant I'd be playing with low level players. Again, happy to help them work through it. Same thing with getting level 10 or 12 teammates in Fungal Grotto II. Or, even now, its easier, but I've got no problems helping weaker teams through dungeons.

Look, I get that you disagree with me that people shouldn't get the full rewards for the random dungeon when they opt out of certain dungeons, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be able to take part in the discussion. I'm a player, I run at least some of the DLC dungeons regularly and I run the Daily Random Dungeon. I can also weigh in on the meaning of "Daily Random Dungeon" just as well as any ESO+ subscriber or someone who owns no DLC.

But I've made my actual argument already in this thread. You disagree. That's fine. There's nothing more you and I are going to accomplish by arguing further. Or by insulting each other.

Yeah, I get it. You don't sub and you don't own the DLC...there by getting the same rewards you are saying others shouldn't for wanting to exclude the same thing you get to exclude.
    So, I guess you'd be fine if the extra random rewards went to players who only have access to every dungeon? You say you don't sub or own any dlc. How are you running harder content "regularly"? A six day trial is regular now?
    You make zero sense. Plain and simple.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not...

You are something else.
    Amazing logic...lol

Oh dear.

I...

Yeah, I get it. You don't sub and you don't own the DLC...there by getting the same rewards you are saying others shouldn't for wanting to exclude the same thing you get to exclude.
    So, I guess you'd be fine if the extra random rewards went to players who only have access to every dungeon? You say you don't sub or own any dlc. How are you running harder content "regularly"? A six day trial is regular now?

I'd be more reasonable if you could read exactly which DLC I own and which I've run. Because you, um, clearly didn't actually bother reading what I wrote.

I'll repeat the pertinent part. "I've made my actual argument already in this thread. You disagree. That's fine. There's nothing more you and I are going to accomplish by arguing further."

I think we're accomplished all we're going to here. Have fun doing your Daily Random Dungeons! I know I will.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not...

You are something else.
    Amazing logic...lol

Oh dear.

I...

I'd be more reasonable if you could read exactly which DLC I own and which I've run. Because you, um, clearly didn't actually bother reading what I wrote.

I'll repeat the pertinent part. "I've made my actual argument already in this thread. You disagree. That's fine. There's nothing more you and I are going to accomplish by arguing further."

I think we're accomplished all we're going to here. Have fun doing your Daily Random Dungeons! I know I will.

Never said I didn't enjoy it...lol.
    And I guess that last line shows you know exactly what kind of double standard BS you're trying to pull here. Again, your "logic" is hilarious.
  • SinNoAria
    SinNoAria
    ✭✭
    It really sucks for many players when they join a dungeon and the tank and healer both leave because "DLC content? Nope."

Usually that ends up with the team disbanding after a 2+ hour dps queue. So even ignoring the queue penalty, they now are in the back of the queue again because often, those dungeons just keep cycling through healers/tanks due to how tedious they can be (or difficult for some).

This leads to many cases where the tank and/or healer will leave mid-way through the dungeon because DPS isn't doing enough damage (in their eyes). This then makes the issue worse due to people not wanting to join partial dungeons.

While I know this issue will never get fixed because ZoS has a history of ignoring these issues, but a few thoughts on what would be nice would be:
    • Allow players to remove DLC from their queue (This is actually a reason to not get ESO+ anyways since if you don't have ESO+ nor the DLC, you can't queue into those dungeons (There are other ways as well to avoid those dungeons anyways for players who are willing to figure out how))
    • Allow players to disable queuing into partials or only queue into partials, but also add an incentive for doing so (for example, if you joined into a partial via random queue and aren't under any penalties, you gain an additive bonus to rewards. This could include completion of missed pledge bosses, more exp, and bonus mail).
    • For players that are kicked at the start of a dungeon, either before they've managed to enter the dungeon or before a certain amount of progress/time, have them be re-queued with a higher priority.
    • Also for jump failed player, if they are kicked, requeue with higher priority.
    • For players that leave at the start of a dungeon (have jump failed place an exception here), apply a stacking penalty with a 30 day, refreshing timer. Each stack increases the wait timer for re-queue by 5 minutes.
    • For players that go offline at the start of a dungeon and don't relog within 20 minutes, apply a one day, stacking penalty (refreshing to 12 hours if under 12 hours) that also increases wait timer by 1 minute. One stack of this debuff is removed if the player completes the dungeon with the party they left.
    • For players under CP 160, provide 'kick protection' so that if they are kicked at the start of a dungeon, they are requeued into a normal version of their queue with higher priority.
    • Allow for players to save their queues and requeue after dungeon completion.
    • Add in an option for no tank/no healer queues. If a player checks those options, they are able to queue with other players that have checked those same options (so a healer that checks no tank could potentially party with 3 dps that have checked no tank).
    Edited by SinNoAria on February 6, 2018 4:04PM
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could set the random drop downs to match the dungeons of the undaunted pledge giver. Random Veteran "Gliriion the Redbeard" dungeon
    Edited by jarydf on February 10, 2018 9:13PM
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Bored, may as well just queue for a random"
    *vet bloodroot forge*

Group composition:
    Mid cp tank who immediately leaves group
    Low cp healer with a 2H
    Low cp sword and board dps
    And me

"Ffs"
    This type of scenario happens time and time again.

People queue for random vets when they shouldnt and they get a dungeon they dont know as a role they arent capable of fulfilling.

I agree with the OP's suggestion. Very rare to pull a decent group out of the finder that is capable of vet DLC dungeons.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    As a person whom almost exclusively runs DLC dungeons this would be a nice option. At least this way the group would be comprised of people intent on running the content and not dropping group at the start.