The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Metrics Bug Reports

Solinur
Solinur
✭✭✭
For now the new version is released on Minion/Esoui

However, feel free to leave any issues or sugggestions here.
Edited by Solinur on March 12, 2018 10:57PM
@Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
Addon Author
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just tested this on my scrub StamSorc . It looks amazing so far .

p6BQ3r.jpg
    The UI has been completely rewritten. It still works the same for most parts, but the code behind it is cleaner and more performant. Hopefully I didn't introduce too many bugs :D.
    - I love the new look . It looks much better to the eye now ^^ One thing I found different though is the font . Is it bigger and thinner or maybe just me ? I don't know , for some reason it looks weird . Another thing I really would like is having a compact version of the stats window . For example , instead of having long explanations like ''Physical Penetration'' , just make it ''PhyPen'' or ''Pen'' in green color . Of course adding this as an option would be much better . As far as I understand , this version brings clarity to parses and I think seeing how much Health a parse owner has can make a difference in examiners head .
    Added character info (class, race) to the report panel (top left)
    - The new race and class thing will surely make some questions about parses disappear . Another thing I would like to have is permament and long buffs like Mundus Stones and Food/Drink . These are the first things most people look at while examining a parse of an other player . Maybe an optional setting ?
    Added the current version of the ESO client to the report panel (lower right)
    - Current version of ESO is awesome . No need to explain why . Just awesome .
    Added "Critical Damage Done" to the respective stats panels. (Separately for Spell/Weapon Attacks)
    Added "Spell Penetration" and "Physical Penetration" to the respective stats panels. It will update based on the targets selected in the unit panel. An entry in the settings menu allows you to change the assumed resistance of your targets and the assumed value for the Crusher debuff as it cannot be read from the API.
    - These are simply amazing . It will allow us to see how much penetration we have and swap our setups accordingly after a parse . Probably the best thing that could ever happen to this addon :D
    Buffs and Debuffs cast before the start of the fight will now be tracked.
    This is really , really nice . Sometimes I make sure I get 100% uptime of Crusher on a target and it shows slightly less because it didn't count the first ever Crusher applied while starting the combat . This is not a big deal obviously but a good change ^^
    The fight label can now be edited. Just double click it!
    This is definitely going to make things better for parse hunters while showing off lol
    Added an option to prioritize keeping boss fights when deleting recent fights due to reaching the limit.
    This is also quite nice . Can you add an option to not hold a report for trash fights at all ? Let's say I just want to keep Boss Fight parses . Is that possible ?
    Added an option to mark buffs/debuffs as favourite. Just right-click one in the buff panel. Favourite buffs will be shown on the top of the List.
    Can we make the colour of these buffs different ? Some favourites might go up to 100% and I don't want them to mix between usual 100% buffs . That would be lovely .

About Saved Parses . Is it possible to add them to favourites as well ? Just for finding specific ones easier .

This is a really nice update , I'll be using this version in raids too and might give additional feedback in case I get other suggestions or bug reports . Thanks for your work :)
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I really would like is having a compact version of the stats window

Sounds like a nice idea, but also like a bit of work. If I get you right it should be one window that shows all stats?
    Another thing I would like to have is permament and long buffs like Mundus Stones and Food/Drink

They are shown in the buff panel, right? How would you like to have them shown?
    Can you add an option to not hold a report for trash fights at all ? Let's say I just want to keep Boss Fight parses . Is that possible ?

I think I can add that rather quickly.
    Can we make the colour of these buffs different ? Some favourites might go up to 100% and I don't want them to mix between usual 100% buffs . That would be lovely .

Nice idea, I'll do that.
    About Saved Parses . Is it possible to add them to favourites as well ? Just for finding specific ones easier .

I can do this as well of course :)
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a nice idea, but also like a bit of work. If I get you right it should be one window that shows all stats?
    Yeah something like that . At least I would like to see Red + Blue or Green at the same time . Not really that important though . I just would like to know how much health and resistances does the parse owner have without having to ask for it ^^
    They are shown in the buff panel, right? How would you like to have them shown?
    Ah yes , of course . Nevermind ^^

I have an idea but not really sure how much work it would take . Kind of a sustain graph . A line that goes up and down depending on my regen/s and drain/s . So we could examine how much we spend/gain at what time of our rotation and execute etc. For example , let's take a Magicka Sorcerer parse . There will be a line that is stable (regen and drain is about the same) until execute . After execute , heavy attacks stop and execute rotation starts , drain/s is now higher than regen/s and the line starts going up . Something like that . Purpose is basically determining if a rotation is raid viable or just a burst that cannot be sustained in actual boss fights . A small window with a single line that goes up and down would be more than enough I think ^^ Again , not sure how much work and time this would take or how much of a performance hit it would cause but if such a thing exist , it should be a part of CM ^^

Awesome ! Thank you :)
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    A small window with a single line that goes up and down would be more than enough I think ^^ Again , not sure how much work and time this would take or how much of a performance hit it would cause but if such a thing exist , it should be a part of CM ^^

Graphs (DPS, Resource and whatever I come up with) are planned for 0.9 :)
    Edited by Solinur on January 31, 2018 9:20PM
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Update 0.8.0.1
    • few bugfixes
    Addon Author
  • Latin
    Latin
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic update.

Spell and phys pen info is a great QoL improvement, without having to alt-tab for record-keeping/calculation.

The hpstime parameter is interesting, I will have to have a closer look at it later on.

Solinur wrote: »
    A small window with a single line that goes up and down would be more than enough I think ^^ Again , not sure how much work and time this would take or how much of a performance hit it would cause but if such a thing exist , it should be a part of CM ^^

It is something like Asayre's magicka/resource plots, but using the info interpreted by Combat Metrics rather than a pre-programmed ordered list of input?
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Latin wrote: »
    Fantastic update.

Spell and phys pen info is a great QoL improvement, without having to alt-tab for record-keeping/calculation.

The hpstime parameter is interesting, I will have to have a closer look at it later on.

It is something like Asayre's magicka/resource plots, but using the info interpreted by Combat Metrics rather than a pre-programmed ordered list of input?

Sort of, I guess. After all, resource data is already available in the log.
    Addon Author
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to test this. Combat Metrics is just awesome. Thanks for your hard work @Solinur. I have a question to your latest stable build - I noticed that there is a second DPS / HPS that shows up in the info panel now, labeled incoming DPS. That's group DPS and your percentage of it, right? If so, awesome addition.

One wish in aesthetic nature I'd like to see too: Is it possible to have an option to change the info panel font so we can choose the font and can you include an option to make the info panel outline with rounded corners?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I noticed that there is a second DPS / HPS that shows up in the info panel now, labeled incoming DPS. That's group DPS and your percentage of it, right? If so, awesome addition.

That should have been present since a long time :sweat_smile: . Its the number next to the shield? Thats incoming damage to you/your group and the percentage.
    One wish in aesthetic nature I'd like to see too: Is it possible to have an option to change the info panel font so we can choose the font and can you include an option to make the info panel outline with rounded corners?

Font stuff might be doable, but for rounded corners I have to check. Wouldn't know how to do that right now.
    Addon Author
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That should have been present since a long time :sweat_smile: . Its the number next to the shield? Thats incoming damage to you/your group and the percentage.

No, what I meant is a second DPS number after a slash with a following percentage in parenthesis. I guessed that was your own DPS, the number after the slash the combined group DPS and the percentage your own DPS in relation to group DPS. Can take a screenshot tonight.

Font stuff might be doable, but for rounded corners I have to check. Wouldn't know how to do that right now.

That would be most awesome! For clarification, I meant the small box that is always active, not the big window with all the stats.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    No, what I meant is a second DPS number after a slash with a following percentage in parenthesis. I guessed that was your own DPS, the number after the slash the combined group DPS and the percentage your own DPS in relation to group DPS. Can take a screenshot tonight.

Thats right, this also got introduced quite a while ago :)
    You mentioned Incoming DPS, that confused me.

Edited by Solinur on February 1, 2018 9:35PM
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Update 0.8.0.2
    • changed ultimate gain and drain to show more digits
    • added font color to favourite buffs
    Addon Author
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Z9YELz.jpg

Hey ! I noticed something in the Red stat window . The average part seems to be showing wrong numbers . As you see there , my average health is 115k and my Physical Resistance is 58k ^^

Mdkvpa.jpg

And here is a rare bug I saw only a few times . It shows me standart buffs like food/drink in the (de)buffs out section . Again , it happens rarely but it is still there , no idea why ^^

Didn't encounter any other bug yet , will let you know if I do :) Thanks !
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey ! I seem to lose my saved parses everyime I logout . I killed something to see if I need to have a combat parse already there but that's not the case . They are just gone ^^ I didn't delete anything from my SavedVariables or change anything in Addons folder :/
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, I'll look into them as soon as I can. For the latest issue @Liofa, can you please check the size of the respective saved variable file? (CombatMetricsFightData.lua)
    Addon Author
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, I'll look into them as soon as I can. For the latest issue @Liofa, can you please check the size of the respective saved variable file? (CombatMetricsFightData.lua)

Hmmm , I don't have one in saved variables file , it is in the Combat Metrics folder in Addons folder . Anyway , the size is 11,1 KB .
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    So ummm can you explain how to transfer this? I dragged the folder and it didn't work.
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    And on top of that, there's no .lua file in my saved variables
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to go into the zip file, copy that file and then paste into your ESO add-on folder. Like every other add on.
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    You need to go into the zip file, copy that file and then paste into your ESO add-on folder. Like every other add on.

I use minion. Also, I did that, and my CM wouldn't even open and there was no in game settings for it.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Vezuls wrote: »

I use minion. Also, I did that, and my CM wouldn't even open and there was no in game settings for it.

The addon inside the zip file needs to go to your Addon folder (Note that if you use the PTS, that it has its own folders)
    In the end in your Addon folder you should find a folder named "CombatMetrics" which in turn holds the manifest file called CombatMetrics.txt

@Liofa Maybe check this too, since your issue could probably happen if the folders are one level too deep
    Addon Author
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭

The addon inside the zip file needs to go to your Addon folder (Note that if you use the PTS, that it has its own folders)
    In the end in your Addon folder you should find a folder named "CombatMetrics" which in turn holds the manifest file called CombatMetrics.txt

@Liofa Maybe check this too, since your issue could probably happen if the folders are one level too deep

So what do I do with the combatmetrics.txt?

I unzipped the file and got "Combat Metrics"
    I then transferred that to my add on folder, but I took out my old .lua file in the saved variables. Should I not have done that?
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

So what do I do with the combatmetrics.txt?

I unzipped the file and got "Combat Metrics"
    I then transferred that to my add on folder, but I took out my old .lua file in the saved variables. Should I not have done that?

Check your Addon folder and check that the txt file is in ".../AddOns/CombatMetrics" and not in ".../AddOns/CombatMetrics/CombatMetrics"

You don't need to do anything to the file. Taking out the saved variables is fine too, a new one with default values should be generated.

Let me know if it works.
    Addon Author
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    I kept my saved variables from before and it worked. Thank you!
    @Solinur
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, you can not save parses with this CM. Any idea how to fix? They save, but go away if you relog.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Since liofa has the same bug, I guess I messed up somewhere. Though my own version seems fine. I'll try to find the issue later this day.

Edit: Right now I can't reproduce the issue
    Edited by Solinur on February 12, 2018 9:52PM
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Update 0.8.0.3
    • fixed calculation of defensive stats
    • Added tootltip to overpenetration stat to show the underlying data
    Edited by Solinur on February 13, 2018 12:31AM
    Addon Author
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    you removed the left/right buttons to move between different fights. likewise with the buttons to save/load fights. how do you do that now?
    Edited by erlewine on February 13, 2018 1:53AM
    eisley the worst
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    They should be at the position you see in the Screenshot, on the top right of the window.
    Addon Author
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely they do not appear for me. If I click in the correct spot it still functions as expected, though.

https://imgur.com/uHCkKQj.png
    eisley the worst