Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heads Up! 32-bit client no longer supported in Update 17 (Q1 2018)

• Leradis
    Leradis
    ✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    DX12 support in the future?
    No. It will be Vulkan

557af1ae86793405179845f83235c540.png

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leradis wrote: »
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    DX12 support in the future?
    No. It will be Vulkan

557af1ae86793405179845f83235c540.png

What is this from? And how does it confirm Vulkan support will be added?
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So will this eliminate the lag and 5 min loading screens in Cyrodil?
  • Leradis
    Leradis
    ✭✭✭
    What is this from?
    PTS .exe file strings.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this from?
    PTS .exe file strings.

Is this something completely new or?

That would be awesome.
  • Leradis
    Leradis
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Is this something completely new or?
    In live client there are no references to Vulkan API, only on PTS.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    based on this https://netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0 going to DirectX 12 may not be a good idea for them

The Steam Hardware survey is probably a better indication of the hardware capabilities of the average gamer.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

The one you found shows the entire market, which includes all those businesses that upgrade their hardware as little as possible for cost reasons. Most of those businesses are on Win7, and will remain there for the next few years until MS stops putting out security updates for them. Then they will be forced to go Win 10.

The Steam survey shows fully DX12 capable systems (GPU and OS) at around 47%. Still would be a terrible idea for ZoS to abandon DX11 at this point, but better then the industry wide 30% of the other pie chart you provided.
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for cross platform gameplay. FFXI did this years ago
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in for a couple hours to see what is going on and was under the impression this was done to increase performance . I did not notice and FPS increases or really anything notable as a performance improvement . Would this only improve performance for people with older 64 bit machines and not newer ones ? Have all the performance improvements been released already ?
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in for a couple hours to see what is going on and was under the impression this was done to increase performance . I did not notice and FPS increases or really anything notable as a performance improvement . Would this only improve performance for people with older 64 bit machines and not newer ones ? Have all the performance improvements been released already ?

I thought this was going to happen in update 17. It wouldn't have an affect right now
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this from?
    PTS .exe file strings.

Hmm. Interesting but I still doubt any game engine change anytime soon.
    crobarXIII wrote: »

I thought this was going to happen in update 17. It wouldn't have an affect right now

Yes, the 32 bit client goes away in update 17. The performance improvements in this update mainly affected loading screen times and frame rate in populated areas.

For me the loading into a new zone is faster. Also, in heavily populated cities my frame rate does not drop as much as before. It does still drop though.

The update's impact might vary based on hardware. Some configurations might benefit more than others.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I manually run the eso64.exe instead of using the launcher. Only time I fire up the launcher is to patch when I get the "invalid client version" error. My system memory thanks me. Not sure why the launcher doesn't auto-close once the game launches. It seems to have a memory leak. I can always tell when I forget to close it when I play. Game starts getting sluggish after an hour or so. If the launcher isn't running, I have no issues whatsoever playing the game.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    About damn time.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Branovices wrote: »
    I've been running 64-bit operating systems since like... 2003. Who is still using 32-bit systems that can even run this game? Maybe some laptops?

Laptops for sure. I think I'm still using 32 bit because I've been too lazy to check
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Branovices wrote: »
    I've been running 64-bit operating systems since like... 2003. Who is still using 32-bit systems that can even run this game? Maybe some laptops?

Laptops for sure. I think I'm still using 32 bit because I've been too lazy to check

My laptop came with 64-bit Windows :shrug:
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    I manually run the eso64.exe instead of using the launcher. Only time I fire up the launcher is to patch when I get the "invalid client version" error. My system memory thanks me. Not sure why the launcher doesn't auto-close once the game launches. It seems to have a memory leak. I can always tell when I forget to close it when I play. Game starts getting sluggish after an hour or so. If the launcher isn't running, I have no issues whatsoever playing the game.

Same here :) + Lasso process to manage my background stuff and I can run netfilx simultaneously on second screen without any worries about FPS drops in game :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Bers_Ser
    Bers_Ser
    How I know what client I used?
    When we fight we have pity for our enemies! Since they are not our only enemies are brothers with different points of view. If you have to fight someone that someone must be the Aldmeri Dominion!
  • seventhirtyseven_
    Happy this game is making some good changes!
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bers_Ser wrote: »
    How I know what client I used?
    Read the first post, second paragraph in this topic. It tells you how to know what client you are running ( and if you can run the 64bit client ). I quoted it for you below.
    .... If you want to check to make sure you can successfully run the 64-bit client prior to this change being made, click the cog in the upper right-hand corner of the patcher, then check the box that reads “Run 64Bit Game Client.” If this doesn’t work, or if you know you’re running a 32-bit version of Windows, you’ll need to upgrade to Windows 64-bit Operating System to continue playing ESO after this change is made in Update 17. ...
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am kind of surprised the 32bit client is still part of PTS.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am kind of surprised the 32bit client is still part of PTS.

It isn't. It's 100% identical to the 64 bit client. I could imagine "eso64.exe" disappearing at a later point since it no longer makes any sense. Personally, I would have replaced the original ESO.exe with a small program that checks whether the system is 64 bit (and then launch the actual game) or provide a popup message with more information in case it is not.
  • TicklesWithTalons
    TicklesWithTalons
    Soul Shriven
    The majority of games (probably non-gamer's as well) use 64-bit operating systems.

This will definitely hurt a handful of players, but overall it will make it easier to push updates, fixes bug, and optimize performance since they will not have to deal with 2 clients nor with the limitations 32-bit programs come with.
    Tickles-With-Talons
    ♠Ebonheart Imperial Guard♠
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    So, which set of files/folders can be deleted now?
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »
    You could delete the entire "client" folder and then do a repair. Only the relevant files will remain there. That is, if you're OCD enough to care about that stuff (I am :D).
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLambda wrote: »
    You could delete the entire "client" folder and then do a repair. Only the relevant files will remain there. That is, if you're OCD enough to care about that stuff (I am :D).
    If I didn't have 1mb/s download speeds I would actually do this, I am that OCD.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that bad. The files are only about 200MB, so probably a lot less to download due to compression.