Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Off Balance and resources

Epicasballs
Epicasballs
✭✭✭✭
Instead of 100% more resources back on fully charged heavy attacks against off balance enemies, for the sake of bringinng the fun back to combat, would it better to have light attacks restore 50% of the resources of a fully charged heavy against off balance enemies?

Thoughts?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it, but I can't see them doing it. They tried their best to kill the lightweave->instant skill meta on purpose last year, remember?
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think combat needs to be balanced better.

This nerf to Off Balance means there is going to be an even greater DPS disparity between those who can weave due to low ping because of the stupid animation cancelling "mechanic" / bug and get high numbers, and those who can't because of High ping and as such, have been reliant upon the Thaumaturge perk and off balance for 100% uptime of 10% damage boost which can mean the difference of 3K+ damage.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This nerf to Off Balance means there is going to be an even greater DPS disparity between those who can weave due to low ping because of the stupid animation cancelling "mechanic" / bug and get high numbers, and those who can't because of High ping and as such, have been reliant upon the Thaumaturge perk and off balance for 100% uptime of 10% damage boost which can mean the difference of 3K+ damage.

I honestly like the changes, they make it much easier to sustain with the windows for extra resource recovery, plus the bonus damage means that the heavies you use in that timeframe deal massive damage.

Also as someone who plays on 250+ ping, you can still animation cancel, the timings are just different, and you need to use medium weaves with some skills.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

I honestly like the changes, they make it much easier to sustain with the windows for extra resource recovery, plus the bonus damage means that the heavies you use in that timeframe deal massive damage.

Also as someone who plays on 250+ ping, you can still animation cancel, the timings are just different, and you need to use medium weaves with some skills.

50% on light attacks would result in about the same resource return in the same window of time as the way it is now on pts but it would be less clunky aand more fun. I, and many others, hate the heavy attack meta. It's boring.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    I'd like it, but I can't see them doing it. They tried their best to kill the lightweave->instant skill meta on purpose last year, remember?

Yes I do recall that. 75% of the people I played with quit because of it.