The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

GGWP at BRK tonight all of @AD and @DC

• Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Jadokis wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    AD stood on inner breach for at least an hour just getting farmed by EP over and over again. AD has some god awful leadership going on. The funny part is AD thought they performed well...

From what I saw, AD doesn't really have any large guild groups to compete. At least, not organized ones. When I logged on about two hours before we took BRK, I only saw one guild with seven reported members and another with six. After that, it looked like a zone pick-up group. Can't fault AD for going up an organized Emp group of 16-20 players.

Drac was on their yellows there, and Venatus was there plus 600 others :P

You're really making yourself look like a fool here.

Those are the two 6 and 7man groups he was referring to. Venatus had to /sitchair outside the keep until ep pushed out so we could actually participate in the fight and not crash. This was something like 3 hours into the fight. Drac was there for I don't know how long. At one point we tried to coordinate a push onto the front flag, and by the end of that attempt each group had only 3 people not crashed. Meanwhile every screenshot in this thread shows an emp group with 22 players 0 offline, and a guy who can't even load enemy players or effects yet his entire raid is online.

The entire fight half of AD/DC couldn't even participate and eventually gave up on trying after crashing forever so they fought on the other side of the map. I can understand why you'd want to be proud of this moment but the reality is you were carried by the servers being utter *** and actually worse than every other recent dethrone. There may have been a guild group over 7 players at some point in the night, and if you want to know what happened to them they probably called the damn raid after not having more than half their players online to fight. I logged on maybe 2 hours into the fight and there was not even a pug wrangled group advertising in zone because they knew they couldn't keep the group together.

Lastly cyro probably doesn't even allow 600 players in total, let alone from 2 factions that half the players aren't there helping to dethrone. Time to step off the high horse and actually accomplish something for once. Maybe EP can start by capping emp when people are on to defend, instead of (actual words by player in the emp group) "working hard to cap emp" at noon EST.

Relax, my friend, I was just joking

Fair enough. It's more of a general response to the thread, but your post provided a nice statement to respond to :P from a lot of the comments in this thread and the people I've talked to from the EP side in game the general consensus seems to be that what you said was not a joke.
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »
    From the pictures, this fight looks like it was incredible.

Well done to all who took part!

It COULD have been incredible if your servers could handle fights like that.

It was immensely frustrating is what it was. Try disconnecting every time you even get close to the keep, how about a loading screen right in the middle of the fight. Booted from server, Error 307 while standing on flags. Delay on every button press. Rubberbanding back to FC after respawns. The list can go on and on.

You don't have a clue, sir.
    GrimJaw wrote: »
    i felt like it was my weakest emp defence because 80% of the time, i couldn't see anything. no enemies, no siege. no red circles. I would have to go inside, and /reloadui and pray i was safe for 5 min. Then i could see stuff for about 15 min. After that things would vanish again. I want you to look at my FPS and ping in these screens too. That fps is normal for me in large fights, and the more ppl i tag, and the more ppl tag me, my fps drops even more. 1 fps on a stacked bomb is just not acceptable. Its why i stopped playing for a few months, and will likely stop playing again after this camp. Love this game to death, but ive spent what, 4 years of fps and lag issues? probably time to move on. Its isnt getting any better.

Do something about your servers and you have an untouchable PvP game that is incredible. In it's current state? Well, it's a joke.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, any experienced Pvp player should know that in such a fight you are meant to lower your view distance to 0, RP walk literally backwards into the keep to prevent rendering Issues and then lastly have a secondary, more reliable game open on your second monitor to pass the time during inevitable load screens.

Come on guys this is all in the welcome to cyrodil tutorial. We didn't all just skip it by talking to Grand overlord zimmeron did we? Rookie mistake.
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

do you realize that those screenshots were to prove that your game was broken and nothing was rendering for him.
    this has to be embarrassing.
    Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on January 29, 2018 2:51AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag was so severe that it even affected Rayles fight I had with me friend against the 6 DCs. A DC sorc was able to cast wards INSIDE the negate put on by AD guard because of the lag and my flame lash barely working (like 2 out of 10 attempts). And I went off the furthest from BRK because it was crashing me whenever I get near it. So... I guess the assessment from AD/DC is right. Too laggy for real attempts at dethroning. But then... we have ZOS response... *facepalm*
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, the game handled that fight for 6-hours without a server-wide crash or rollback. For awhile, that wouldn't have been possible.

But the lag was unreal. Single-digit fps, skills not firing, walking around waving my staff at people like a granny threatening to smack you with her cane, while not taking a bit of damage. So many siege wasted because they couldn't be interacted with.

I bailed after 30 min, hats off to you guys that stuck it out longer. DC zone chat had a lot of people "LFG nowhere near brk" :D
    Edited by Reverb on January 29, 2018 4:29AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

do you realize that those screenshots were to prove that your game was broken and nothing was rendering for him.

Just had to re-quote this again because its so absurd, and infuriating.
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Servers sucked, but let's not take it out on the mod who's in here trying to be friendly. I'm sure lots of people had fun, even if it was like myself just laughing at the ridiculousness of it all and trying to make the most out of it. The mods don't deserve any hate.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jadokis wrote: »
    Servers sucked, but let's not take it out on the mod who's in here trying to be friendly. I'm sure lots of people had fun, even if it was like myself just laughing at the ridiculousness of it all and trying to make the most out of it. The mods don't deserve any hate.

+1
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Chris is just a new community rep, be nice guys >.<
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao
    NA-PC
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drac was on their yellows there, and Venatus was there plus 600 others :P

As Vile said there were 4-5 Drac guys on yellows lol and most of the time we spent in loading screens or were trying to get close to the keep. Max amount of people that we had inside Brk at the same time was 4.
    There weren’t any organized guilds on AD side that could push to the flags at all... just FYI :tongue:
    Edited by Rin_Senya on January 29, 2018 8:44AM
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just had to re-quote this again because its so absurd, and infuriating.

Grats, the new community mod who has the power to single handedly change the lag in Cyrodiil will surely take notice of you...
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geez how big was that tick
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Geez how big was that tick

lul.png
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD stood on inner breach for at least an hour just getting farmed by EP over and over again. AD has some god awful leadership going on. The funny part is AD thought they performed well...

Yup. Real hard to be the defender against Pugs. Who were the organized groups on both sides? Was Fantasia or any other organized raid there for AD?
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a great fight and really worked out well for EP's lead in points.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

How much AP does winning a campaign give?
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    jaime1982 wrote: »

How much AP does winning a campaign give?

I dunno, but winning means more to me. I have millions of AP that go unused. You make it sound like AP is actually worth something other than buyin motifs and trading for gold.

• Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, pretty much no organized raids on AD all throughout that fight. I was on EP for about 3 hours, and spent over an hour fighting disconnects and attempting to get back to BRK and crashing repeatedly every time I approached. Submitted 16 separate crash reports that night before logging off and giving up. My AD guild and every other AD guild I knew of was either not active or went to other areas of the map to avoid disconnect issues.

Every side had to deal with the terrible performance, but EP definitely benefitted from ~most of their core players managing to stay connected and having multiple organized groups defending against disorganized enemies.

That said, it was still a hell of a fight. I wish the servers could handle it better, because big battles like those are the ones I'd really like to see more of - particularly with more good groups active on all sides. Reminds me a lot of the early 2014 PvP mega-sieges that would go on for hours that made me fall in love with PvP in this game in the first place.
    Edited by Ixtyr on February 5, 2018 4:42AM
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    Can confirm, pretty much no organized raids on AD all throughout that fight. I was on EP for about 3 hours, and spent over an hour fighting disconnects and attempting to get back to BRK and crashing repeatedly every time I approached. Submitted 16 separate crash reports that night before logging off and giving up. My AD guild and every other AD guild I knew of was either not active or went to other areas of the map to avoid disconnect issues.

Every side had to deal with the terrible performance, but EP definitely benefitted from ~most of their core players managing to stay connected and having multiple organized groups defending against disorganized enemies.

That said, it was still a hell of a fight. I wish the servers could handle it better, because big battles like those are the ones I'd really like to see more of - particularly with more good groups active on all sides. Reminds me a lot of the early 2014 PvP mega-sieges that would go on for hours that made me fall in love with PvP in this game in the first place.

I agree we were lucky that our whole raid didn't crash that whole time, if we did we would lose the keep easily afterwards which is a sad thing to have to worry about in this game.
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec