The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quit your BS with the TTC pricing add on for PC...

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Master Merchant is kind of like a Caddy in Golf, in my mind. An assistant who is familiar with the market who makes suggestions about how to sell things. But, no means an expert. TTC is just a listing agent that shows you the stuff that is still for sale because it was priced too high to move.

However nothing beats knowing the market.

@Nestor May I have this quote in my signature? Best explanation of these 2 addons :D
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical sharks, mm is local data, ttc is global data. Ofc ttc is better. You can’t rip ppl off with ttc, it is the same price for everyone, no point to give a altered message. On the other hand mm message can be altered b4 posted. Pretty obv which one is more real.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical sharks, mm is local data, ttc is global data. Ofc ttc is better. You can’t rip ppl off with ttc, it is the same price for everyone, no point to give a altered message. On the other hand mm message can be altered b4 posted. Pretty obv which one is more real.

Sales vs listings... I like sales better
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've never used TTC i use MM because MM does pricing based on sales not listings like TTC. correct me if i'mm wrong but that's the difference as far as i know. now im sure TTC gets rid of the "outliers" but still i don't trust it
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't master merchant only list data from auction hosues that you yourself have personally scanned?

I'll take the option that doesn't make me sit around with my thumb up my ass for four hours today while "updating" my prices.

Ive used TTC to great effect for a long time. Specifically the website. Because who want sto run around for an hour trying to find t hat arcane band of willpower for their lvl 12 alt? certainly not me.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't master merchant only list data from auction hosues that you yourself have personally scanned?

I'll take the option that doesn't make me sit around with my thumb up my ass for four hours today while "updating" my prices.

You are wrong. MM doesn't require you to "scan" or "sit with your thumb in your ass". MM scans your guild sales history in the background while you're doing other things. You can not "scan" guilds you aren't a part of.

However, in order for TTC to work, somebody DOES need to run around and "scan" guild stores, returning the average LISTING price as opposed to a SELLING price.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:35AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there are players who use both addons to just get a general idea of what the market for a specific item might look like. Not everyone likes to make a grand journey to every guild trader to check real-time prices, but nonetheless wants to be as close to a fair price as possible. Those two addons fulfill that purpose very well if you ask me.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if someone held a gun to my head and told me that my life counted on which addon is more useful MM or TTC then I would would pick TTC. i've used both extensively and TTC always comes out on top.
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer TTC myself and, as a general rule, use roughly -50-75% adjustment in average listing price as my starting point for shopping.

That said, I have noticed a disturbing trend in which it seems that, somehow, searches on TTC's site for items results in a 'run' ON those items.

For example: I watched someone collect every motif of a certain set I was looking for off of every trader that had it and then, put them up for sale marked up another 50%. When I began looking, there were many items available, by the time I could get to any of them (we're talking under 10 minutes here) they were gone.

I guess my question currently is: Is TTC providing 'flagged' searches or something to 'market players', or how could this be possible (given that it happens all the time now)?

If anyone has insight, I'd love to hear it.
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)