The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does defensive posture reflect full damage?

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
Will defensive posture reflect all the damage back or just a certain amount?

Best Answers

• DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I used it against my magsorc friend on my stam sorc, crystal fragments did about 3k damage, while he can easily hit higher. So I think it recasts the skills based on your current stats.
    Edited by DoonerSeraph on February 1, 2018 10:08AM
    Answer ✓
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I think what DoonerSeraph above says is right. Against powerful sorcs I stun them but don't get anywhere near killing them with Defensive Posture. Against weaker sorcs I tend to hit them harder, proportionaly. This suggests either a nerf in the damage or more likely scaling off my stats - as above.
    Answer ✓
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I believe the damage done by the reflected projectile to the original caster is always lower because it suffers from mitigation twice, first the damage is reduced by the mitigation of the one reflecting it, then it is reflected, and again reduced by the mitigation of the final target (who originally cast it). However, this is just my theory, so take it as such.

Interesting, as someone that loves testing mitigation I want to see if that is the right answer. But no computer to test on for several days :disappointed: If anyone tests this out please share data with me.
    Answer ✓
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defensive posture (and stance) reflects 1 spell projectile, no matter the damage.

Absorb magic absorbs x damage (neutralizing it), and heals 15 % of your max health.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Carb- you were not very clear with your answer in terms of answering the OP.

You say the first morph (which is the only one we are discussing) reflects one projectile regardless of damage but the questions was if the reflected damage is identical to the damage that would have been received, or to word it better (as mitigation will effect that), if the reflected projectile carries the same penetration/spell power/CP, etc. as the original caster.

DoonerSeraph noticed a difference and tried to expand upon that. I concur with DoonerSeraph. Your answer seems to be both a misunderstanding of the specificity of the question or otherwise just a quote of the tooltips.

Do you have information to add here?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the damage done by the reflected projectile to the original caster is always lower because it suffers from mitigation twice, first the damage is reduced by the mitigation of the one reflecting it, then it is reflected, and again reduced by the mitigation of the final target (who originally cast it). However, this is just my theory, so take it as such.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Would spell Pierceing increase the damage? And does it cover certain projectiles?
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Interesting, as someone that loves testing mitigation I want to see if that is the right answer. But no computer to test on for several days :disappointed: If anyone tests this out please share data with me.

Please test this I need to know cause to it feels like a 30 seconds of sheild, kinda wanna know if it's good for pvp or just a useless skill
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It rather amusingly reflects double damage if you wear vanguards challenge set :) was player around with that one the other day, my partner managed to one shot herself :)
    Edited by aeowulf on February 3, 2018 8:52AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    It rather amusingly reflects double damage if you wear vanguards challenge set :) was player around with that one the other day, my partner managed to one shot herself :)

Now I REALLY want to test that out, I wonder if it work with Dragonscales too, which already increases the damage dealt back.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »

lol