The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Have you ever... (PvP) met someone from another alliance in a delve...

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Long before the One Tamriel release which rescaled everything and overhauled Craglorn, Cracked Wood Cave was the premier grinding location in the game. The place was busier than Rawl’kha on some days.

I so do not miss the game before the One Tamriel update, there's not much level grind now. Glad they got rid of vet levels.

And yeah, in the past it has happened that i have teamed up with guildies of another alliance in Cyrodiil/Imperial City, just for fun. :)
    Edited by Maotti on February 1, 2018 4:08PM
    PC EU
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol yeah...in IC too....see other alliance people fishing xD I just leave them alone. Someone weaker in pvp took a pop at me the other day, who I would have just left alone, because I don't care really- and I blocked and waited... and they kept popping off at me. Meteor to their face and 4K telvar and some (I forgot how much) ap for me.

I will try to leave people to it til I have no choice. If I'm blocking and doing nth to you, move along, because that only happens when I know I can hand you your a....if it's someone actually scary, they 8/10 will have wiped me already.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and alerted them via whisper or some other way and decided to team and group the delve bosses together without attacking each other? We met in the same cave for 3 days in a row trying to finish a boss that just wouldn't spawn. It's fun trying not to hit each other as we move around and then are both capable of going our own way. Once some guys from his alliance came in too and he let them know what we were doing so they left me alone too.

To this day this guy is still on my friends list but we don't really do anything together... due to him being the evil EP alliance! ;) His does have some of my favorite character names I have seen though!

Rare. Once I ended up at a dolmen with someone from another alliance, and we completed it together. Once done, we went at it. :)
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I see an enemy alliance player in a delve I instantly cloak and hide and hold my breath until they pass, hoping I remain unseen.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a few of these encounters over the years. If I see one person in a delve. I will usually buff up but not attack and slowly back away. If they make no move, I assume we have an understood temporary truce. One offensive skill on their part, and I attack. haha
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There use to be a lot of actions in the delves. Was actually pretty awesome.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done this in Cyrodil many times in the PVE quests and I really like it. I see no reason to be a *** and attack someone while they're doing solo PVE.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and then I introduce them to my fist.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they're not trying to attack me and they look like they're only in Cyrodiil for PvE stuff. I always feel bad running into lower level players with slow horses that look like they are just there to get warhorn or purge.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long time ago while on my DC character I came across a single EP character in a delve near a boss (back when bosses weren't as easy to solo). WIthout whispering each other, he tanked the boss while I did most of the dps. We waved at each other and went on our separate ways.

I shouldn't be surprised though. I normally main on AD, and have witnessed the purple alliance before. lol :p
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a few times, in the beginning of the IC DLC late at night I was trying to complete the arena quest with another random of my alliance. The doors locked behind us with an enemy player inside. We waved, took neutral corners, and attempted to avoid hitting each other as we (very, very badly) progressed through the arena. Without the enemy's help we would not have completed the section of the quest for sure.

Other times questing in that area (the only reason I enter pvp is pve quests, i hate combat) I have waved at enemies that seem to be on the same quest since we see each other often. Most times the wave is returned, we're non-combatant, and we each continue our adventuring. I much, much prefer this outcome to getting smashed by someone with something to prove to a non-combatant and having to wayshrine back to base and run all the way back to my quest area.
    Gaming Youtube: TESO questing gameplay

GamerAeryn - 15/15, ESO+, beta, 1k+
    GamerAeryn2 - 15/15, ESO+, 780+
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes. I remember how few cases when I encounter players from other alliance, and we even manage to coop and kill bosses, but also I remember how I was ganked five times in row at same dungeon when just want get damn shard, that was goblin cave with two enters, that's wasn't pleasant at all.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ran into a few enemy players the other day, from both opposing alliances. On one, I was on my way out of the delve as an AD was coming in. They saw me and popped block up in crouch and I put mine up. We both faced each other and kind of backed away, continuing on our merry, unmurdered separate ways.

Couple hours later, came out of a delve deep in AD territory (had been ocean fishing and figured I'd hit the delve on my way back) and opened the door to a warden bear. Panicked a bit (I don't PVP) and ended up in an 'oh crap' staring contest for a second or two. Nice person let me slink around the corner unscathed.

Then again, my final encounter of the evening was somewhat opposite. EP opened AD's gate and I figured while they were battling it out out front, I'd sneak in the side, get my shard and skedaddle. Some AD rode past me on horse but must have been close enough to see me because he backtracked. Paused in front of me and stared for a bit. I made no moves at all, trying to appear harmless. He waited a little longer but must have had a "meh, why not" epiphany and decided to attack. I held block but didn't attack, hoping he'd get it. But he killed me. No worries though since he did me a favor. My bag was bursting and he gave me a shortcut to the bank.

Still, I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of ganking in the delves. Made for an enjoyable day.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS