The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have you ever... (PvP) met someone from another alliance in a delve...

• Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't run, I won't chase. If they're severely under-levelled, I tend to leave them alone or assist as the situation warrants.

If said under-levelled players insist on trying to kill me, or push me out of the delve, I will stunlock them into oblivion until they stop.

I know how frustrating it is to traverse Cyrodiil with nothing but a fresh horse and rapids, so I try to be conscious of other, newer players whenever possible. Doesn't mean I won't kill them, but it's unlikely.

Now, people my level? I gave up on truces long ago. Kill or be killed.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I holded block
    2. He holded block
    3. 2 seconds
    4. We boht run to opposide directions
    5. Profit!!!
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes, I go to a random enemy keep and bust out my lute at the front, just outside of range of the guards.

People see me and I get mixed results.
    Some attack obviously but I've had plenty of the times when they just stand and watch before leaving or even joining in with their own instruments or just dancing about.
    Argonian forever
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Come out of hiding in the open and don't make sudden moves.

Step 2: Either hold block or sheathe your weapons in front of them.

Step 3: Do a waving emote.

If the person blocks or waves back at you then you just made a delving buddy. If the person buffs up and comes charging, either prepare to fight back or run like Hell.

Optional Step 4: If person decides to be hostile and you end up winning the fight, you have the right to perform extensive teabagging as payment for their refusing your peace offering.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes, I go to a random enemy keep and bust out my lute at the front, just outside of range of the guards.

People see me and I get mixed results.
    Some attack obviously but I've had plenty of the times when they just stand and watch before leaving or even joining in with their own instruments or just dancing about.

Yes, I sometimes do that when my faction controls the map. Anyone who would fight the zerg can do so, but if you would rather fight me, then so be it. :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, all non EP are scum and deserve nothing less then death, when at all possible I refuse to group with any person of a diffrent faction even in the non AvA areas. With my guildies and someone hops on thier DC toons? Well, I'm no longer going to be in the group.
    Edited by Orjix on January 31, 2018 9:40PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Step 1: Come out of hiding in the open and don't make sudden moves.

Step 2: Either hold block or sheathe your weapons in front of them.

Step 3: Do a waving emote.

If the person blocks or waves back at you then you just made a delving buddy. If the person buffs up and comes charging, either prepare to fight back or run like Hell.

Optional Step 4: If person decides to be hostile and you end up winning the fight, you have the right to perform extensive teabagging as payment for their refusing your peace offering.

that was awesome - no sudden moves :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. In guild events event.

We actually recruited a few members we met in delves in Cyrodiil as they were on toons of a different alliance. I think they were just shocked that a group of 6-10 didn't just roll over them that they decided we were nice people.
    The Moot Councillor
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liley wrote: »
    Not teaming up, but we simply ignored each other and when fighting the same boss we avoided aoe.

When fishing in imperial city, some players from other alliances waved at me, which was nice :)

I have had enemy players join in on the fishing a few times in Cyrodiil. First time I was fishing in Imperial City and enemy player ran up to me stopped for a moment then left. I thought that was cool until a minute later he came back with three friends and popped me. More often than not though I was left alone. When someone did jump me it was usually a player new to PvP.

I do get jumped often while opening a chest in the sewers. If the player is solo I have a good chance of surviving those attacks but still can get frustrating.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah recently actually and many times before.

I met a 50cp blue in one of the delves near arrius. At first i was like....crap...need to fight him first then I realised he was 50cp and was like....nahhhhh. He still attacked me but I let him be.

I have a policy of not killing low cp players if i can help it, if not provoked or something. Its just unnecessary and kinda a jerk thing to do. Dont need to tunnel on AP or anything either as im a bombblade so i get plenty haha.

Another story is that I met an entire zerg in one of the delves near sejanus. AD zerg. Was funny as hell, spent the entire time panicking. I had never seen so many people spam so many revealing flares haha I didnt die tho I just found a corner and was like....yeah I am NOT leaving xD
    Edited by xeNNNNN on January 31, 2018 10:28PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it’s normally free AP if they are fighting mobs when you show up!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm doing PVE in Cyrodiil, I never attack anyone. I just run past enemy players and act like they're not there. If they attack me, I still ignore their attacks and just hold block, buff and heal myself, etc but never return fire so to speak.
    When I was clearing the Cyrodiil delves awhile ago, I ran into 4 different DC. 2 ignored me and we did bosses together, while the other 2 attacked me at first but stopped after a few seconds when I ignored them. shoutout to those 4 players XD
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I encounter another faction player alone I'll usually try and act in a way which makes it clear I'm not looking for a fight, even if it's one I think I can probably win. As I see it, we're both there for the PVE so unless they want trouble I'm happy to co-exist. Same with the neutral quest hubs in Cyrodiil (not the controllable ones though).

I've had a few attempts to co-operate but they tend to get messy because of the accidental damage. Better to just do your own thing at a safe distance.

If I see two players from another faction I usually assume the worst, people suddenly get 'brave' when they have the numbers.

That's Cyrodiil. As for Imperial City, I assume the worst of everyone but I won't gank myself, just avoid and move on if I can.

It probably sounds like I don't like PvP, but I spend a lot of time in Cyrodiil doing the keep fights etc. I just don't think ganking is very classy gameplay. I also don't get involved in revenge cycles if I get ganked. But I must admit that if someone attempts to gank me, fails and gets their backside handed to them, well it's a good feeling :)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Long before the One Tamriel release which rescaled everything and overhauled Craglorn, Cracked Wood Cave was the premier grinding location in the game. The place was busier than Rawl’kha on some days.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and alerted them via whisper or some other way and decided to team and group the delve bosses together without attacking each other? We met in the same cave for 3 days in a row trying to finish a boss that just wouldn't spawn. It's fun trying not to hit each other as we move around and then are both capable of going our own way. Once some guys from his alliance came in too and he let them know what we were doing so they left me alone too.

To this day this guy is still on my friends list but we don't really do anything together... due to him being the evil EP alliance! ;) His does have some of my favorite character names I have seen though!

Absolutely. Way more often than not, actually. Had a damned lot of good conversations with "enemy" alliance players in PvP-land including way back when there was literally no other way to even see other alliance characters outside of Cyrodiil. Made a lot of friends derping around pveing in Cyro.

I simply will not attack anyone doing pve stuff and will only kill them if they persist in attacking me. Sadly, some persist and panic and keep at it even after they realize they can't win.. sadly, mostly those I don't get a chance to /w first to warn them I'm around.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not initiate an attack, ever. I will block any initial attack and only respond if it continues. Then, and only then, shall the rage of Akatosh emerge within me and roar out, reducing the offending player to a small, pitiful pile of grayish-white ash. Then Akatosh burps and goes back to sleep.

;)
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I attack people in delves and have been attacked. This was one of the great features of Cyrodill on launch. People doing delves and quests while enemy factions did the same. I think we had some nice skirmishes around Cheydinhall and the other villages on those days. Yep, open world PvP, the most fun there is.

And still i had zero issues getting all the achievements/skyshards/bosses i needed. And i started doing them when i was a mere lvl 10. It was just major fun. I miss those days. These days nobody is at those places anymore. I tried with an low level alt but so far after doing half of them i had only one enemy encounter :neutral:

Edit: meeh my smiley was borked
    Edited by Knootewoot on February 1, 2018 6:54AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happens a lot I always go for the AP bonus every hour and if I run into 1 other player and he does not jump on me we kill the boss together wave and I leave.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Several times. Just /sit3 near boss and people won't kill you ^^

This explains why I got killed the other night. I was using /sit5 instead of /sit3........

Thx for the tip ^^
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. We played instruments whilst waiting for the boss to spawn together, killed it without AoE and went our separate ways.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just let em go on their merry way unless they're hostile. Look, I know you're a) questing or b) trying to get the achievement. I'm probably only there to get the AP buff. I'm not going to pick on ya. I'll attack anything but you. I'll even streak away to show I'm not gonna attack. But, if they're persistant in attacking, I have no choice but to fight <.<
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have worked with others from enemy alliances a couple of times, it's always been a fun experience. Usually though, if I end up running into one or more higher level players, I will try to hide if they haven't seen and killed me already, especially if I'm really far into enemy territory, lol. The other day though, an EP guy/gal attacked me while I was minding my own business and killing some spiders in Kingcrest Cavern. He/she was lower level, so I fought back until their health was so low, I could have finished them off with another hit or two, but I backed away and let them heal. I was hoping they would get the hint that I didn't WANT to kill them and just do the delve, but they came after me again, so I finished him/her off, cleared the delve and got my skyshard.
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's not red, it's dead.
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!

Honestly though, if I meet some one I wont attack first, especially if they're low-leveled. If they show any signs of hostility, I don't hold back.

When it comes to anchors, I've always been attacked there if someone caught me clearing it, so in return, if I see anyone at a dolmen, I insta-attack.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know what is more disgustuing, whether traitors who make friends with enemies and even brag about it, or that they get AP bonus for it. Or @ZOS_BrianWheeler condoning it.

I, for one, when I spotted an elf NB in a delve, attacked immediately. Unfortunately, the duel ended in stalemante, because I was on NB myself and we both opened with cloak.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on February 1, 2018 11:01AM
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always try to live and let live. If I'm attacked after demonstrating my good faith then all bets are off.
    forever stuck in combat
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Met a few doing the explorer title, only 1 attacked actually so not too bad. Lots of emoting etc =)
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I see a low leveled player, I usually leave them alone provided that they don't hit me intentionally.
    I would do the same thing if a CP leveled character is around but if I'm really looking to squeeze every single bit of AP within my limited playtime, I'll just have to fight even if they yield.
    Yes, I'm an AP *** and my playtime is very limited. :'(
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    I do not know what is more disgustuing, whether traitors who make friends with enemies and even brag about it, or that they get AP bonus for it. Or @ZOS_BrianWheeler condoning it.

I, for one, when I spotted an elf NB in a delve, attacked immediately. Unfortunately, the duel ended in stalemante, because I was on NB myself and we both opened with cloak.

It's just a game....
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and alerted them via whisper or some other way and decided to team and group the delve bosses together without attacking each other? We met in the same cave for 3 days in a row trying to finish a boss that just wouldn't spawn. It's fun trying not to hit each other as we move around and then are both capable of going our own way. Once some guys from his alliance came in too and he let them know what we were doing so they left me alone too.

To this day this guy is still on my friends list but we don't really do anything together... due to him being the evil EP alliance! ;) His does have some of my favorite character names I have seen though!

Can't remember the exact delve but there is at least one, that some bosses are tied to another boss. After you kill boss A, one of three bosses will spawn. The only way to get the other bosses to spawn is to kill the boss that spawned. Then kill boss A again and see which boss spawns next. If it's not the boss you want, then you have to kill that boss and then wait for boss A to re-spawn.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a red health bar and my attack instincts kick in, it is PvP its kill or be killed, dont wait for the other guy to attack first