The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have you ever... (PvP) met someone from another alliance in a delve...

Night_Wolf2112
Night_Wolf2112
✭✭✭✭
and alerted them via whisper or some other way and decided to team and group the delve bosses together without attacking each other? We met in the same cave for 3 days in a row trying to finish a boss that just wouldn't spawn. It's fun trying not to hit each other as we move around and then are both capable of going our own way. Once some guys from his alliance came in too and he let them know what we were doing so they left me alone too.

To this day this guy is still on my friends list but we don't really do anything together... due to him being the evil EP alliance! ;) His does have some of my favorite character names I have seen though!
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try for peaceful coexistence if circumstances warrant, but cooperation is unlikely.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually yes, a few times.

I want the AP buff, and feel bad attacking a level 32 holding block.

I usually leave them be. But, if anything hits me they will die.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times. Just /sit3 near boss and people won't kill you ^^
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I've killed them. I've been killed by them. I cleared Cyrodiil Cave Delver years ago.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried, but usually their name is so long it takes me too long to type out and they instantly attack and kill me in a few seconds.
    Edited by coop500 on January 31, 2018 3:54PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I run into someone from another alliance in a delve, I kill them first, then the boss. I don't care to take the chance that they will turn on me and kill me before I can get the skyshard then have to hike 20 minutes back to the delve.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course :) The fact that we can attack other players doesn't mean we should all be jerks.
    On good old Haderus where I could play in online mode I always used addon Target Whisper. But at first I made sure enemy isn't going to attack me. Then I usually whispered something like "I'm here for PvE" :) Had many nice conversations with different people which started that way...

Me2UG4Y.jpg

I met enemy players on dark anchors also, and few times we did them together.

Nowadays in town/delve/open world I just wait if enemy attacks me first, then I may hold block for a few seconds to see if he actually wants to kill me. Near a keep or resource the situation is different :D
    Last time I had peaceful enemy encounter was a week ago or so. I arrived to town which was under attack, only to see some very high AR blue running away from flag looking at his map. It was interesting, so I decided to follow him and see what happens next :smiley: When he finally noticed me he roll dodged and was very confused as I continued to look at him. We looked at each other for few seconds, then both jumped and he run away while I stayed on flag until the town was no longer UA.

Also recently one town was in process of being captured by us. There were some fights there, so when I arrived and saw a red I immediately attacked him. When I realized it was some ~200 CP volunteer rank who most likely came there for questing and had no idea what's going on, it was too late and he died :/ It still makes me feel bad.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had a few stand offs in delves before, where I have tried to convey everything to say I will not be attacking. Sometimes people are cool and get it, others just see the little AD sign above me and target on to try and destroy me as quickly as possible.

...Ends in me running around blocking and jumping to try and convey "leave me alone I just want the boss" lol.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I decide to ignore them. Most of the time they still attack me on sight or try to gank me (which is hilarious when you see them going into stealth).
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time I've gotten along with the enemy, I was fighting 1 AD and we fought for a while. Ended up being a stalemate and we bowed to each other (a lot), friended each other and went on our separate ways.

If I see an enemy anywhere, I attack.

But it's pretty cool that you had an understanding, you just wanted the AP buff.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a couple of times that I ran past enemy players going into a Cyrodiil delve and we both paused, looked at each other and just kept going on our way.

One time I was in Bloodmayne Cave down by the AD gates, and I was stealthed looking at my inventory. Got a whisper from an AD player requesting a truce as we were waiting for the same boss. Not sure how he saw me in the first place. He explained he had been coming back for the last few days and wasn't able to get the spawn. I complied and we had a nice chat while waiting and alternated killing the other bosses to force the spawn. We ended up adding each other as friends; so many warm fuzzies from that delve expedition.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I pretty much always try to fight them.

Don't win every fight, but I enjoy the fun of PvP within a PvE area to add some chaos.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, does anyone on here remember the good(bad) old days of Cyrodiil delves in the first year? With bosses on several hours'/days' long respawn timers? We had parties of 20+ people from all the alliances rp-ing in there waiting for damn things to spawn. We even teamed up via whispers to make sure we're camping ALL bosses locations. No point in hostility back then because one couldn't risk a precious chance of a boss spawning right as you were fighting/dead. Most of the time if someone tried to fight they weren't even supported by their own alliance, quickly died and then would be killed on sight upon entering the delve again so no boss for them :p
    I know some people camped those bosses for days back then. I got lucky I think, longest I've gotten was maybe 40 minutes(I've also done some caves in several go's rather than one sit because some stuff didn't want to spawn).

These days I still generally try to leave people alone if it's clear they're there for PvE only but the odd thing is 9/10 obvious PvE-ers try to stab you in the back as soon as you turn away/engage a boss yourself. That's so bizarre to me. If someone does that I will chase them down and do everything I can to kill them because they literally asked for that.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Haha, does anyone on here remember the good(bad) old days of Cyrodiil delves in the first year? With bosses on several hours'/days' long respawn timers? We had parties of 20+ people from all the alliances rp-ing in there waiting for damn things to spawn. We even teamed up via whispers to make sure we're camping ALL bosses locations. No point in hostility back then because one couldn't risk a precious chance of a boss spawning right as you were fighting/dead. Most of the time if someone tried to fight they weren't even supported by their own alliance, quickly died and then would be killed on sight upon entering the delve again so no boss for them :p
    I know some people camped those bosses for days back then. I got lucky I think, longest I've gotten was maybe 40 minutes(I've also done some caves in several go's rather than one sit because some stuff didn't want to spawn).

These days I still generally try to leave people alone if it's clear they're there for PvE only but the odd thing is 9/10 obvious PvE-ers try to stab you in the back as soon as you turn away/engage a boss yourself. That's so bizarre to me. If someone does that I will chase them down and do everything I can to kill them because they literally asked for that.

If they do that they're not PVEers lol, it breaks the literal meaning of PVE-ers
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have and even had a enemy player help me finish my Boss Achievement! And they didn't even know I was there!! LOL!
    BUT! You want some fun? Get 2 friends of different alliances, so you have a EP,DC & AD group and go "Cyrodiil Dungeon Delving together!
    Before 1T, our guild would try and do cross alliance events. Me and 2 friends have done this a few times. The catch, you can't use AOE's, you can't heal each other, you have to be REAL good at targeting weapons and spells, etc..
    Here is a post about Cross Alliance Dungeon Delving in Cyrodiil from when we used to run them..
    Enjoy......Huzzah!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162421/forget-dueling-try-guild-ffd-for-more-fun-challenge#latest
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once in a delve I ran into someone and we just looked at each other for well over a minute then I walked to a wall on one side and walked towards him he went to the other wall and walked past me then when I was on the stairs leading to the upper floor I waved and he waved back nicest Cyrodiil experience I had
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I was on one of my DC characters doing the delves. I was hiding waiting for the boss I needed. Had an AD come in. I watched them kill a boss I had already killed. They ran around and I could tell they were looking for the same boss as me so I whispered them and asked of they were trying to complete the delve. The said yes. I told them I was too and that I wouldn't attack them if the do the same. They agreed and we worked the delve together until the boss we needed spawned then we went our seperate ways.

Had plenty of other times when it wasnt so friendly
    Edited by Katahdin on January 31, 2018 6:09PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been in Cyrodiil since 6:30 this morning......just got out. I finally got the cave delver achievement. In one delve, I ran into an AD player and we killed mobs together and then went our separate ways. He still had bosses to kill and I was finished. Then in another delve, I ran into a DC player and they took a hit at me so I had to kill them. I try to be friendly in delves but it doesn't always work out. I find AD to be more cooperative than DC in most cases.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but for some reason I couldn't get whispers to work. I must've made a typo.

I find /surrender is helpful for conveying non-hostility. Just make sure not to use combat pets since they'll still attack.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When fighting the boss just remember to snare them and drop an ulti.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »

If they do that they're not PVEers lol, it breaks the literal meaning of PVE-ers

You'd think so...usually it's someone with low PvP rank looking to be engaged in a PvE activity and not engaging in PvP on sight, so I let them be and go on my own business - to which they don't object up until I get distracted/seemingly afk/engage a boss, at which point they happily attack me, only to die to like 3 crushing shocks 5 seconds later. Bonus points if there's several of them(all equally potato and easy to kill). Baffling really. Perhaps it's some of that "OMG I HATE PVP PEOPLE 'CUZ THEY NEVER LEAVE US PVE'ERS ALONE" but the irony in that one would be overwhelming lol.
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but it depends on the map, and there rank, if it's there home cave - less of a ride tends to make people want to have a go., and if they are a known umm jerk for lack of a better non censored term. If they are pve I'll generally play nice. If they are a pvper who leaves people alone in towns again nice, it just depends there are a few factors.

The most I left alone was When they had the yearly event ( I think it was the anniversary) last year where dailys rewarded. I left a ton of people alone doing quests, it felt right to do so. Found people AFK and took photos with emotes and sent them too them. I only had a few try and hunt me down in that event most were nice but on a mageblade I just marked them and ran away but followed came back and marked again etc for fun trolling. Most were ok though. I met one Ep lowbie who even dragged me mobs when he was dying and followed me like a puppy dog I felt really sorry for him as he was really having trouble. He followed me for an hour I had to sneak off to loose him.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Also recently one town was in process of being captured by us. There were some fights there, so when I arrived and saw a red I immediately attacked him. When I realized it was some ~200 CP volunteer rank who most likely came there for questing and had no idea what's going on, it was too late and he died :/ It still makes me feel bad.

Just remember, Cyrodiil is unlocked at lvl 10. Some ~CP200 players can absolutely destroy. Show no mercy ;)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I've been in Cyrodiil since 6:30 this morning......just got out. I finally got the cave delver achievement. In one delve, I ran into an AD player and we killed mobs together and then went our separate ways. He still had bosses to kill and I was finished. Then in another delve, I ran into a DC player and they took a hit at me so I had to kill them. I try to be friendly in delves but it doesn't always work out. I find AD to be more cooperative than DC in most cases.

No wonder Woodelves=not the most warlike race ever
    khajiit= they just want your purse @SantieClaws ;-)
    Altmer= they are the only ones who could cause trouble :-D
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always get attacked, so never had the chance
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I walked out of a delve once and I swear I was greeted by at least 2 full bars worth of DC
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Night_Wolf2112
    If I see an AD or EP in a delve when I'm trying to get my AP buff well I'll kill the boss then they're next >:)
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not teaming up, but we simply ignored each other and when fighting the same boss we avoided aoe.

When fishing in imperial city, some players from other alliances waved at me, which was nice :)
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I used to try ignoring people that were obviously PVE'ing in a delve, until I had one of these people attack me when they'd finished whatever their goal was (getting a level, killing a boss, etc). We shared the delve for probably 30 min (I was working on clearing the delve boss achievement) until he ganked me on his way out the door. Now I just play it safe and kill (or try to) whoever else is in the dungeon from another alliance, regardless of level.

Of course, I've received a lot of hate whispers over this, but it's cut down on my time running the horse simulator.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder, what would you do if they had a white guild surcoat on. If that was possible.

Been mixed reactions. First time we went separate ways. Another was attacked on sight. Turned around once from a boss and was surprised to see someone right behind me and I reflexively attacked but was quickly killed as was outclassed.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA