The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Error 206 - Patch manifest error_unzip failed (jan. 31, 2018)

• Martin_Umbranox
    Well apparently didn't try everything! I have now tried run as Admin for eso64.exe, and after getting the access code for the "unknown IP address" I was able to login without launcher. launcher does not work.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The launcher works for me now

if the fix is working for everyone, thank you for fixing the issue!!
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on February 1, 2018 1:41AM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Well apparently didn't try everything! I have now tried run as Admin for eso64.exe, and after getting the access code for the "unknown IP address" I was able to login without launcher. launcher does not work.

Martin, could you please try completely closing out of the launcher, open it back up, and try again? It should be working now. And if it's not working for you, we may need you to contact our Support team.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Patch patched, able to log in successfully to both PTS and regular game. THANK YOU! Praise Vivec (and your dev team).
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Toshiro_ESO
    Toshiro_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had this problem today too. I was able to fix it. However,I had to do the following.
    Uninstalled game
    Rebooted
    deleted where the game files were installed
    copied folders from my documents folder> Elder Scrolls Online folder to another drive (So I can have my addons and saved variables without having to set them up again.
    Click Add/Remove Programs.
    Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86.
    Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64.
    Used the following microsoft Fix It to uninstall all other versions of Visual C++ (My computer was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10)
    Restart the PC.
    Pause Bit Defender protection
    Run the downloaded installer install_ESO.exe. Downloaded from account page.
    Select to install both DirectX and VC++ 2015 Redistributable and complete the installation.
    Restart the PC once more and run the game launcher.
    Restarted Bit Defender and it is at 14% installed at time of writing this.
  • Damien_Uvirith
    I had this problem today too. I was able to fix it. However,I had to do the following.
    Uninstalled game
    Rebooted
    deleted where the game files were installed
    copied folders from my documents folder> Elder Scrolls Online folder to another drive (So I can have my addons and saved variables without having to set them up again.
    Click Add/Remove Programs.
    Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86.
    Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64.
    Used the following microsoft Fix It to uninstall all other versions of Visual C++ (My computer was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10)
    Restart the PC.
    Pause Bit Defender protection
    Run the downloaded installer install_ESO.exe. Downloaded from account page.
    Select to install both DirectX and VC++ 2015 Redistributable and complete the installation.
    Restart the PC once more and run the game launcher.
    Restarted Bit Defender and it is at 14% installed at time of writing this.

And to think all of that could've been avoided by opening the .exe
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue today as well. Having had the issue previously this is what I do to fix it on Windows.

First close the launcher if it is open.

Next expand your system tray (near the clock).

What you'll likely see is one or more Ouroboros icons (the same ones you see when the launcher is running).

You'll want to mouse over each Ouroboros icon. That icon will disappear when you do this. Continue until there are none left in the system tray. When you do that it unloads the icon from the tray - which is often the resource the updater is trying to replace but cannot since Windows keeps the resource open and locked when the icon is loaded in the systems tray.

Now relaunch your launcher and if there was an update it should begin downloading.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on February 1, 2018 3:03AM
  • Martin_Umbranox
    Working fine now. I can log onto both NA and EU. Thank you.
  • RoxO12
    RoxO12
    Soul Shriven
    Working again. Thanks :)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the necromancy but I'm having this issue again, (running the game directly from eso64.exe works but the launcher gives me error 206), is it just me or some general problem?

Edit: Disregard this post , the issue solved itself after a few restarts.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 1, 2019 5:14AM