The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 206 - Patch manifest error_unzip failed (jan. 31, 2018)

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, it won't repair either. I'm locked out.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • lumplumps
    lumplumps
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, doing this to me as well. Launching direct through ESO64 does not work for me because I have an account through steam. Please fix!
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue, was logged in fine 2 hours ago.

Was able to get in with eso64.exe
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Same here. Game worked earlier today. Have rebooted whole system (in the hopes of an auto install/repair), but no luck.

Pleeeease let me back in, ZOS! Pretty please?

(am also attempting to run via Steam)

:neutral:
  • Shlankwald
    Shlankwald
    ✭✭✭
  • Candra_Soulbane
    Candra_Soulbane
    Soul Shriven
    According to Twitter their support team is looking into it.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Same here...
    I know nutting....
  • BrightflameMDV
    Same here..
  • deathlikebean
    deathlikebean
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I ran it with no trouble about an hour ago. I have also tried the eso64 file with no such luck.

Has anyone found a solution since this was posted? I'm supposed to run a Guild event in 13 minuets...getting nervous here :confused:
    -Guild Leader of Senche Adventure Academy
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F--!! get off work to this crap :#
  • Saoghal
    Saoghal
    Me too. Tried to reinstall the launcher by downloading it from my account, now the launcher is stuck at loading and won'T do anything. I can still start the game and log in from the x64.exe file though since I own the game from Zenimax's website directly... but launcher is still broke
    Edited by Saoghal on February 1, 2018 12:21AM
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I ran it with no trouble about an hour ago. I have also tried the eso64 file with no such luck.

Has anyone found a solution since this was posted? I'm supposed to run a Guild event in 13 minuets...getting nervous here :confused:

Call it off, things are F'd for a bit unless all of your folks have the 64 bit client going on apparently...
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    And I have same troubles. Was playing and got stuck on Sillydill hung transit screen and had to reboot computer. After that Error 206. Then tried to repair; that failed and then tried to uninstall and reinstall. That also is not working. The Launcher will not load.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same with me, for about 2 hours now.

None of the search remedies work. Not the repair, not the anti-virus exception.
    Edited by Raideen on February 1, 2018 12:32AM
  • Damien_Uvirith
    Also unable to even launch the game. Get your *expletive* together ZOS. Some of us are paying for this.
  • DeathLordOfDeath
    I believe the eso64.exe solution doesn't work with Steam install. My son and guildie both are steam users and it didn't work for them.
  • cameron90_ESO
    cameron90_ESO
    ✭✭
    I believe the eso64.exe solution doesn't work with Steam install. My son and guildie both are steam users and it didn't work for them.

Yeah I use steam and it says the version is outdated if i try to login with eso64.exe
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

Just cross-posting here to let you know we're aware and investigating. We'll provide updates in this thread as we have them: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393059/error-206-patchmanifest-error-unzipfailed/p1

Thanks in advance for your patience as we track this one down and get it fixed.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • TheGoldenYeti
    TheGoldenYeti
    Soul Shriven
    I also have the steam version and also appear to be locked out of my game. I found this after the fact and I am reinstalling my game because I thought it was an isolated event to me alone. This thread did not come up in my original google search. I hope Zenimax will be able to fix this without everyone having to reinstall their games.
  • Talwyn_Aureliano
    Talwyn_Aureliano
    ✭✭✭
    Another customer here affected by Error 206 :(

• Damien_Uvirith
    You can get around this by launching right from the directory, worked for me.

Program Files > Zenimax Online > The Elder Scrolls Online > game > client > eso64.exe (Assuming your using a 64-bit OS which... yeah)
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Played all day. Logged off for dinner. Now getting error 206 Patch Manifest Error same as the rest.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Just cross-posting here to let you know we're aware and investigating. We'll provide updates in this thread as we have them: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393059/error-206-patchmanifest-error-unzipfailed/p1

Thanks in advance for your patience as we track this one down and get it fixed.

Thank you for speaking up and letting us know that you are on it! :D
  • Kalcipher1
    Kalcipher1
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Played earlier today then quit the game... returned this evening and got the Error 206. Ran the Consultant Tool which retrieved NO errors... Repair function reports Unable to Repair and displays the Error 206 Dialogue Box. I have always launched from the 64bit client...

*ESO64.exe is a successful work-around, for me. I do have Steam but I don't run games through it unless I have to...
    Edited by Kalcipher1 on February 1, 2018 1:11AM
  • RoxO12
    RoxO12
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue, I was playing and got kicked, then the error. PC EU here. Glad to see this issue is being addressed :D
    Btw for those with little time that want to play, going directly for eso64.exe worked for me
  • Sinsai
    Sinsai
    ✭✭
    Same here.

Working fine, log for dinner and now can't get back in PC/NA
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I am having the same issue - I am receiving the error: "Error 206 - PatchManifestError_UnzipFailed" when I open the ESO launcher. I am unable to repair the client. When I click "repair," I get the same error.
  • Martin_Umbranox
    Same problem Error 206. Tried all the proposed solutions from Knowledge base, changed rules etc for Windows Defender, re-booted 4 times. No effect. Is there a patch folder one can delete?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Could you please give it a try now? We believe we've fixed the issue. You may need to completely close the game patcher and open it back up, then try logging in.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Could you please give it a try now? We believe we've fixed the issue. You may need to completely close the game patcher and open it back up, then try logging in.

Downloading; no error so far. Massive patch it seems.