The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3.3.3 - New collection hide helmet does not work with disguises

jarydf
jarydf
✭✭✭✭
Just tested the new collection hide helmet function with a disguise and it no longer hides the disguise helmet like the existing Settings >> Gameplay >> Hide helmet function does.

Outfits is a huge step forward but this part makes me sad.

No more being a non vampire for a while to see my old face any more...
No more northwind disguise with the cool looking dirt without the stupid hat.
No more courier disguise blend in with the natives without the stupid hat.

ZOS gives and ZOS takes away.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this probably one of the most senseless changes they’ve made in a while. Apparently, they still haven’t gotten the memo on not fixing what isn’t broken. And pretty much every time ZOS tries to fix something that isn’t broken, they end up breaking it.
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you cant use it to hide the helmet of polymorphs either, which is really stupid. Especially for the xivkyn ones, which without the hide helmet option, look the same as wearing xivkyn armor, so are totally pointless now.
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    no more dark seducer disguise without the spiky helmet ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Dark Seducer a costume?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    ah maybe I'm wrong using the terms ?

for me, there is now :
    - armor
    - costume = disguise
    - polymorph

next patch :
    - armor
    - outfit
    - costume = disguise
    - polymorph

• opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lohworm

Costumes and disguises are different.

Using Hide Your Helm with a costume (equipped from the collections menu) will successfully hide your hat. (Visual evidence here.)

As the OP states, using Hide Your Helm with a disguise (equipped in your inventory) does not.
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I see my confusion now.
    Thanks !
    ( in french menu, collectible costumes are called..."déguisements"...that translates as...disguises)
    Edited by lohworm on January 30, 2018 3:04PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad that @ZOS cant leave that in the Gameplay settings in addition to adding it in the new locations. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert please let us know if this is possible!
    PC-NA