The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who does your character pray to? What do they say?

Exalted_Outlander
Exalted_Outlander
✭✭✭
In a few of the quests in-game, there are some sections that require your character to pray (such as the quest in which you have to travel to 4 corners of the Summerset Isles and pray for someone's deceased children). When doing this, what does your character say? To whom are they praying to?
Edited by Exalted_Outlander on January 16, 2018 6:10PM
Noxus The Strider | DC | Breton Magblade | alt
Rykas Duneblade | DC | Redguard Stamblade | main
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the situation. My Argonian: Spells-in-Shadows, like many Argonians, prays to the Hist. All are welcomed by the Hist, even the dryskins, should they wish. There's some who disagree, because outsiders usually use the Hist for selfish reasons.

If Spells sees a dead Argonian: "Hear this one's prayer, Great Hist. Help guide this soul back to you, so they may find peace."

Non-Argonian dead: "Whatever gods this soul worshipped, may you welcome him/her back. And should they wish to join with a Hist, may the Hist give them peace.

As a Shadowscale, he naturally has a deep, if a little fearful, respect for Sithis. But when he comes across a Hist in his travels, he'll ask for a long, healthy, life. As well guidance during troubled times.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    You can roleplay that in your head however you want, my characters pray to different deities depending on race. My argonian prays to Hist the same way as @kierro mentioned above, my Imperial main prays to Zenithar etc.

But bear in mind that few quests in game require you to pray to some certain entities, like in Stonefalls quest you have to pray to Dunmer ancestors to summon them. It really depends on the quest.
    Edited by Kiara on January 17, 2018 8:47PM
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    @Kiara Prayer doesn't necessarily equal worship. Argonians could be seen as agnostic (or atheistic), because they have no god(s). However, they have respect for Sithis and the Hist, but in general, don't worship either. So the prayers you do for quests are done out of necessity, not worship of that deity.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope they don't. Since they read "The Aedra Delusion" and "The Tribunal is not Great" lore-books they've become avowed atheists :smiley:
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters are very devoted to Mara and Stendarr, otherwise I delete them. Even the Dunmer.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Zilvarael
    Zilvarael
    Soul Shriven
    10/10 Nocturnal - Walk with the shadows.
    Character list: Lunaera Ivy - Nightblade - AD | Primary Guild: Umbra Nocturnus (Leader, RP, PvE and more)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:14AM
  • BrainHigh
    BrainHigh
    ✭✭
    My breton raised Khajiit is a strong worshipper of Sheogorath.
  • uGGo7
    uGGo7
    My dunmer prays to Azura for guidance and strength. He is a devoted Azura worshipper and he mostly prays "aloud" to her in moment of doubt or hardship
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our RNG
    Who art in Loot tables
    Hallowed be thy name

To you we pray
    As we grind each day
    To get our set piece weapons

Give us this day our rare drops
    And let us farm swiftly
    As we ourselves grind

And lead us not to burn out
    But deliver us from token grinds

For thine is the loot, the drops and the grind
    For ever and ever
    Amen
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Namira worshipping Bosmer thanks the lady of rot and decay before every meal for the gift of disregard that allows her to remain unnoticed by society.
    I avoid quests where my character prays to other deities and if I don't I regard that as not-canon ^^
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 10, 2018 10:06PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters dont talk nor pray much :)

Not great listeners either. Just run off when some god is talking to them :/
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:11AM
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    My characters are very devoted to Mara and Stendarr, otherwise I delete them. Even the Dunmer.

You delete your characters if they lose faith? Huh.
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy Name,
    thy kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those
    who trespass against us.

Your capitalization is incorrect.
    Edited by Lynnessa on February 11, 2018 1:42AM
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Courts of Chaos hear my plea!
    Great and Most Terrible Lord Sheogorath in your infinite Madness, grant your protection to this lesser child of your house and her fellowship, may our journey run smooth and may our enemies underpants turn to cheese, we place ourselves in your Avuncular Care until the Day of Jyaggld come.
    <3
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a nord that bears the name of a dragon priest... probably not wise to speculate too much about what and to whom she speaks...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main wasn't terribly religious until she went to Craglorn and met the Celestials. Now she's a devout Star-Gazer. :) The switch was SO dramatic my Argonian Dragon Knight thought she'd either been put under mind control or picked up a love interest when she started gushing about the lady with eyes like stars and a celestial voice. He was rather irritated to find out after several failed attempts to 'help' that no, she was being quite literal and she'd just found religion. :mrgreen:

For his part, he's a Dragonguard agent and very much a Lukiul, having never had opportunity or desire to link with the Hist. Thus he reveres Akatosh and is a little puzzled why other Saxhleel choose to follow entities that don't even have scales.

My Templar is a Priest of the Eight, spreading their teachings in Pact territory under the Tribunal's noses; he gets away with it through a combination of a very good sword arm and the fact that they have their hands full with other things at this point in history.

My Nightblade isn't terribly religious ATM. My alt Sorceress lives in the Shivering Isles with her vampire collection so of course she considers herself a subject of Sheogorath. And while my new Warden's beliefs aren't set in stone yet, I'm leaning toward making her a follower of the Hungry Cat, aka Hircine.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    My characters don’t pray. They’re agnostic.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one. Gods are lesser beings compared to the Amaranth. They can be killed; just ask Lorkhan. What then sets them above mortals?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone worshipping Mephala? HAH! Infidels...

You shall pay for your weakness.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more like she's the answer to a certain prayer.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 3:31AM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main character has a general respect for higher powers and was raised in a community that took a rather practical everyday approach to revering the Divines, but she doesn't feel strongly about religion beyond acknowledging and respecting the power displayed by the various deities she runs into - and the way religious belief can empower and console those who do feel strongly about it. When she prays or kneels at a shrine or some such thing, it's more about showing respect for the deceased or bestowing good wishes than about calling on a particular deity for aid.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “I’d like to thank me for all the awesome things that me does for me, it’s amazing being in the religion of me, keep up the good work, me.” Amen
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This was created before some very hard working and ingenious people invented something called choreography.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    HAIL DAEDRA!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    Right now, my main worships the Daedra. Specifically Molag Bal and Hircine. She silently prays, so I have no idea what she says (From an RP standpoint)
    She does change however, some days she's more loyal to one than the other. And I guess she just says stuff along the lines of how her loyalty will never falter and all that. Even though it has begun to falter to Hircine because she no longer wants to be a werewolf.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Aside from my Argonian I have a Khajiit, who prays to Mara and Khenarthi (Khajiit version of Kynareth), Jone and Jode, and is apart of "The Two Moons' Dance" monastery.

I have a Nord, that I RP as a demiprince (offspring of a Daedric Prince or Lord and a mortal). His mother-- a devout worshipper of Hircine, asked the Daedric Prince to sire her a son. So, my Nord worships daddy Hircine. Werewolf form is his true form, human a magical disguise.
  • AmericanSpy
    AmericanSpy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Hircine...sooo myself.