The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

List of houses that require the least amount of questing?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
What homes, not apartments/inns, have the shortest quest chains to be completed before ownership is allowed?
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones you buy with Crowns because most of the involve 0 quests
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The one in alik'r - hell if I can recall the name, but the house in town (standard house) is really short.

The other one is the one in Craglorn, near Aetherian Archive - it's short also.

I'm sure there are more, but these I remember off the top of my head. Shame the actual names of the homes are nowhere to be found in my head.
    Edited by Mureel on January 20, 2018 9:18PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually removed the requirement to complete questing achievements before buying a house from all except the 3 huge ones that give titles.

Oh, and the inn rooms of course which require you to speak to a couple of people and go part way into a delve.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    They actually removed the requirement to complete questing achievements before buying a house from all except the 3 huge ones that give titles.

Not sure this is true. Source?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »

There are still houses that require dungeon achievements.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not true. Just port to any house in a zone you've done no quests in and see if you can buy the house there. It will tell you the requirements are not met if you want to purchase with gold. With crowns, you can, but with gold, as it always has been since they released housing, there are requirements.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mureel wrote: »
    The one in alik'r - hell if I can recall the name, but the house in town (standard house) is really short.

Looks to be only three quests I'll think I'll try for it. Thx.
    Capture.png
    * http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/House+of+the+Silent+Magnifico
    * http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Consecrated_Ground

Requires purchase of the Imperial DLC and I don't have that.
    Capture.png
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Domus+Phrasticus

pod88kk wrote: »

I don't pay for my housing with the Cash Shop. It is a personal choice. I would rather feel proud of what I did in game to accomplish ownership. My real life cash is for paying my real life doctor in the USA where I real life don't have medical insurance because it is to expensive on my real life retired old man's budget. A budget is something you have to do when you don't make the same money as young folks do.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »

It's not true. Just port to any house in a zone you've done no quests in and see if you can buy the house there. It will tell you the requirements are not met if you want to purchase with gold. With crowns, you can, but with gold, as it always has been since they released housing, there are requirements.

its true actualy, in recent patch small and medium homes no longer have any requirements to buy them. I cannot remember which specific patch, but as proof, here is a screenshot made on my alt account that has no questing achievements to speak of.
    26951926_1517818954997969_2041478167882896253_o.jpg?oh=d24f3f48a85e8b341bcd91c4fd476fcc&oe=5AEF683C

as you can also see - dawnshadow, which is a large home - still has quest requirements.

26910296_1517818974997967_118131068947475489_o.jpg?oh=d21ef80943af9ad64185a51375532245&oe=5AF908CD

and if you don't trust my words or pictures. all you have to do is go into a medium or smaller home that you do not own. on live. and see for yourself.

edited, sorry about image size, I did no editing, so its well.. not great. you can right click on image and open it in new tab, so that it enlarges and becomes readable.
    Edited by Linaleah on January 21, 2018 5:00AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need a quest for Snugpod, in Grahtwood.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Update 16 (Clockwork City), requirements for gold purchase were removed from most homes. Only the Notable and Large homes retain their requirements. This also entailed eliminating the Imperial Edition requirement (but Strident Springs, as a Large home, still retains that requirement).

The reason most people don't know about this change is that it was omitted from the Patch Notes. An oversight, probably. They had also scrapped the old introductory quest for housing--the one where you had to help recover the deed from a skooma dealer--and replaced it with a much simpler introductory quest where you just talk to a NPC.

During the PTS for Update 16, the official housing feedback thread had the following text in the first post:
    • Was the new quest to obtain your first home clear and enjoyable?
    • Small and medium sized homes no longer have achievement requirements to purchase them. Does this make it more appealing to purchase?

So that's ZOS's confirmation of those two changes. It's just that, for whatever reason, they didn't make it into the patch notes even though both changes definitely went live with the CwC patch.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    In Update 16 (Clockwork City), requirements for gold purchase were removed from most homes. Only the Notable and Large homes retain their requirements. This also entailed eliminating the Imperial Edition requirement (but Strident Springs, as a Large home, still retains that requirement).

The reason most people don't know about this change is that it was omitted from the Patch Notes. An oversight, probably. They had also scrapped the old introductory quest for housing--the one where you had to help recover the deed from a skooma dealer--and replaced it with a much simpler introductory quest where you just talk to a NPC.

During the PTS for Update 16, the official housing feedback thread had the following text in the first post:
    • Was the new quest to obtain your first home clear and enjoyable?
    • Small and medium sized homes no longer have achievement requirements to purchase them. Does this make it more appealing to purchase?

So that's ZOS's confirmation of those two changes. It's just that, for whatever reason, they didn't make it into the patch notes even though both changes definitely went live with the CwC patch.

that explains why I couldn't find confirmation in live patch notes :P but yeah, its a little simpler to buy some of the homes now :)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. And not for nothing, it’s better to just go on ahead and buy homes with crowns. Save your gold for things like: Motifs, gear, crafting materials, etc. I’ve found that things work out better that way.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Yup. And not for nothing, it’s better to just go on ahead and buy homes with crowns. Save your gold for things like: Motifs, gear, crafting materials, etc. I’ve found that things work out better that way.

Okay thx everyone except please stop trying to force me to "buy with crowns" "buy with crowns" "buy with crowns." You assume I have the same financial position in real life as you do and you assume wrong. I am not subbed. I am not buying crowns. Thx.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Mureel wrote: »

Looks to be only three quests I'll think I'll try for it. Thx.
    Capture.png
    * http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/House+of+the+Silent+Magnifico
    * http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Consecrated_Ground

Requires purchase of the Imperial DLC and I don't have that.
    Capture.png
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Domus+Phrasticus

I don't pay for my housing with the Cash Shop. It is a personal choice. I would rather feel proud of what I did in game to accomplish ownership. My real life cash is for paying my real life doctor in the USA where I real life don't have medical insurance because it is to expensive on my real life retired old man's budget. A budget is something you have to do when you don't make the same money as young folks do.

OIC re Domus Phrasticus - I got this given to me for my Birthday prior to game's release by my husband's Mother. It was imperial/collector's something edition - so I forgot I had that!
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    I'm so lost with this housing thing, I've been to a few diff places now and wasn't given any option to buy house nor was there any quest to be picked up at them. I'm thinking im either missing something or just went to the wrong houses at the wrong times.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so lost with this housing thing, I've been to a few diff places now and wasn't given any option to buy house nor was there any quest to be picked up at them. I'm thinking im either missing something or just went to the wrong houses at the wrong times.

It is confusing now because the wiki's and youtube's have not been updated with the new way to get. You will be looking for a wanted poster if I understand correctly. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377414/quest-room-to-spare#latest

Things to look out for if still having troubles:

1) Go inside a home if on pc (don't know what it is for console) you hit F12 shows some info. If you do not get F12 when inside a home/apt/house then you need to disable your addons for F12 to show up.

2) Turn your quest markers on. Settings > Nameplates > Indicators > Quest Givers so you can see a marker over an npc or parchment attached to the wall inside the bank.

• marcjames
    marcjames
    Soul Shriven
    I have not been able to find an NPC and have seen the bulletin board in a bank once, then it disappeared. Also in the Crown Store, there is a quest starter item, but can't actually "use" it to start the quest.

I am looking for purchasing a house with in game gold. I thought this would be straight forward but my character seems to be stuck in a weird state.

All the NPCs that should be there aren't. Any clues or hints would be appreciated.
    Raskas - Warden Tank