Make Crystal Frags Great Again!

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a magicka build you would put up a shield before the Frag hits.

Bow travel time is way faster than Frag, especially when in five meter Incap range. You also want the bow to hit after the 30% damage debuff from Incap, obviously.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    On a magicka build you would put up a shield before the Frag hits.

Bow travel time is way faster than Frag, especially when in five meter Incap range. You also want the bow to hit after the 30% damage debuff from Incap, obviously.

I just tested that out of curiosity.

Frags 0,5s delay
    Assassin's Will 0,7s delay

Tested on a target dummy from the exact same distance (I used furniture to mark the spot where I should stand) & compared timestamps between light attack & when the skill would hit.

In an ideal world you'd use that Assassin's Will/Scourge after Incap, but in reality that doesn't work against players who are quick to CC break (i.e. every good player out there).

Doing the Assassin's Will/Scourge->Incap->Rev Slice/Killer's Blade/Surprise Attack combo is much more reliable & gets the job done anyway. Usually.

Also, it's +20% damage, not +30%.
    Edited by DDuke on January 28, 2018 9:58PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riposte is better in OW, Sub. Scaling defense, exactly what shields lack and need.
    Just LoS here and there for Conversion. Can't do that in duels, where therefore Lich is better.

Riposte is just fun as hell though to survive and escape 12-18 man Zergs. I ran it with @Malamar1229 and @RinaldoGandolphi last night.

Bottom line, Makkir killed the most enemies of the three of us with a lich setup, but that’s mostly because he’s just a monster with the Sorc class. He’d have probably done it with all green gear and no sets. Last fight, he pulled 18 players running around inside of a keep for far too long, and even killed a few of them. Then they teabagged him and called him ‘trash’. :lol:

Riposte is an amazing ‘Zerg bait’ build, I can’t count the number of times I led a chase with way too many people following, far longer than anyone should have. It won’t be long though before people stop chasing ‘ripostatoes’ every time they see a minor maim debuff on their bar.

PS: ZOS please give crystal fragments a 10% damage buff. Thanks!
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please just give them their stun back. The patch was such a huge nerf for magsorcs who doesn't have a master Destro staff.

I cannot even fathom how a "class balance team" could balance a class around a single item dropped in a single instance where people demand high CP + exp just to accept you with them.
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riposte is better in OW, Sub. Scaling defense, exactly what shields lack and need.
    Just LoS here and there for Conversion. Can't do that in duels, where therefore Lich is better.

Sure thing, but you completely disregarded my point. With riposte you have to go more into sustain glyphs and mundus than you would with lich, making you lose out on damage. Riposte is the turtle build that Mojo was talking about, not lich. Lich/shackle is a hard hitter that runs fast, riposte/shackle is mostly a turtle tank.

I am currently playing with riposte/shackle on my magblade, and it's an amazing setup. But it's good simply because I can run 3 dmg glyphs and dmg mundus. If you do that on sorc you run OOM before your pot even comes off cooldown.

I'm not saying riposte is bad, it's crazy strong and I love it on my magblade, I just think it's not the right option for MY sorc.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Sure thing, but you completely disregarded my point. With riposte you have to go more into sustain glyphs and mundus than you would with lich, making you lose out on damage. Riposte is the turtle build that Mojo was talking about, not lich. Lich/shackle is a hard hitter that runs fast, riposte/shackle is mostly a turtle tank.

I am currently playing with riposte/shackle on my magblade, and it's an amazing setup. But it's good simply because I can run 3 dmg glyphs and dmg mundus. If you do that on sorc you run OOM before your pot even comes off cooldown.

I'm not saying riposte is bad, it's crazy strong and I love it on my magblade, I just think it's not the right option for MY sorc.

No, you ignored ME.
    You can LoS for Dark Conversion in open world. That's your sustain. Can't do that in duels. You need no sustain glyphs with Wizard's.
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won’t happen for 2 years just like they did with DK’s. It’s the Zeni way....
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, you ignored ME.
    You can LoS for Dark Conversion in open world. That's your sustain. Can't do that in duels. You need no sustain glyphs with Wizard's.
    You can LOS and DC if you’re part of a group, but that doesn’t fly solo. First off you need the stam for chain CC’s, and good players won’t let you cast DC repeatedly.

Basically damage comes from the following:

Food: Blue food will hand you 4K Max Magicka or so, equivalent to almost 400 spell damage.

Glyphs: 179 spell damage times three is 537. Or 507 sustain.

Mundus stone: this is worth 2-300 spell damage from mage or apprentice.

Sets: Shackle is handing you 129 damage or so, plus another 200 or so effective from the Max Magicka bonus.

My point: Somewhere on your build, you sacrifice damage for sustain. Food is an easy one since you lose only a little health and Max Magicka for a lot of Magicka Regen (300+). After that, the choices start to suck. With riposte you need to make some of those choices, because it only contributes 129 sustain itself. Lich gives twice that without the proc. The proc is worth closer to 8 TIMES that.

On top of that, ultimates don’t scale up to your Max Magicka. So sacrificing food, enchants, or mundus stone Max Magicka for either spell damage, tri-glyphs, or sustain means your meteors and dawnbreakers won’t hit as hard. Even taking mage light off your front bar for dark conversion or rune cage is a six percent ult damage loss that you *can’t* make up with spell power pots.

I like how the game balances now with damage and sustain. You can’t have it all. Unless you’re a Stamina toon, they sustain just fine with 5,000 weapon damage. But %#^*+ them.
    Edited by Minalan on January 29, 2018 3:18PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lich gives twice that without the proc. The proc is worth closer to 8 TIMES that.

Lich procc is worth ~340 magrec when procced on cooldown.
    Lich offers a total of 600 magrec when procced on cooldown or 4.7x as much as riposte if procced on cooldown.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lich gives twice that without the proc. The proc is worth closer to 8 TIMES that.

Lich procc is worth ~340 magrec when procced on cooldown.
    Lich offers a total of 600 magrec when procced on cooldown or 4.7x as much as riposte if procced on cooldown.

If you want to get technical about it, you have to add the Altmer racial bonus, major intellect (because you want to maximize the proc effect), five piece light armor bonus, arcanist bonus, undead bonus, and the mage guild bonus for at least one slot. :lol:

And I’m sure I forgot one!
    Edited by Minalan on January 29, 2018 3:24PM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Light increases my Meteor by a whopping 2.7% damage, Mina. Errr...
    (^_^)'
    You need to LoS in 1vX, or you're dead anyway. So DC is on. On the matter of breaking free chain CCs, in my opinion the damage you eat while CC'ed is much more troublesome than your resource drain.
    But I'm no big 1vX'er, tbh. I can simply tell from experience that I've been surviving focus fire more often since I equipped Wizard's.

Another matter, boiz and gurlz:
    How do Mines perform after the newest patch and the explicit rules for ground-targeted AoEs?
    By that rule, mines should be unblockable, and dodging through three should let you eat three times the damage. Is that really the case or are we getting cheated again?
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you ignored ME.

You forgot the part where I have 18.4k stam to rolldodge, dark deal and the mag recovery to chain streaks as well as the damage. You don't have both in riposte, you can pick like 2 out of 3 at best.

But enough measuring of genitalia, let's talk pts! How funny is it that @DDuke was the only one in he magdk thread saying searing strike is strong cause it's undodgable, and 1 week later they make it dodgable :lol:
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that really the case or are we getting cheated again?

Hahahahaha! :lol::lol:

Do you really need to ask!?

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, you ignored ME.

You forgot the part where I have 18.4k stam to rolldodge, dark deal and the mag recovery to chain streaks as well as the damage. You don't have both in riposte, you can pick like 2 out of 3 at best.

But enough measuring of genitalia, let's talk pts! How funny is it that @DDuke was the only one in he magdk thread saying searing strike is strong cause it's undodgable, and 1 week later they make it dodgable :lol:

Pls, the pro forumknights hate me enough already D:

I still think mDK will be just fine after these changes that make mDK vs dodge roller fights more fair, while they get buffs for other match ups. Remains to be seen though, only could test duels on PTS (no open world there).
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

No, you ignored ME.

Pls, the pro forumknights hate me enough already D:

I still think mDK will be just fine after these changes that make mDK vs dodge roller fights more fair, while they get buffs for other match ups. Remains to be seen though, only could test duels on PTS (no open world there).

Me too, nothing from the core magdk toolkit actually changed. They'll be just as strong if not stronger against my magblade and magsorc that can't rolldodge on cooldown, so yeah...
    Options