The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Seventh legion

Mustard
Mustard
✭✭✭✭
Change the cool down to 10 seconds instead of 2. It’s still over performing.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not to 24 Hours? I mean ,why not ?
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Tarrocan wrote: »

this, so muchb this xD

1/10 topic created for [snip]posting

[Edited to remove profanity]

Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 30, 2018 4:10PM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

It's not overperforming now. The problem was the possibility of being healed on every tick of incoming damage negating a great deal of it.

You should have seen stamsorcs on vitality pots when Seventh Legion heals could crit. No one could figure out how they were tanking 20 people and killing them :)
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well while we are at it, why not enhance those sexy nerfs? Like 10s cooldown on flame lash? 1 min synergy cooldown? bosses immune to off balance for 2 mins?

The playerbase on ESO seems to be focused on turning this game into a minecraft with better graphics, might as well create a new weapon line, one hand and pillow
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 seconds cooldown for a 5seconds uptime? that's absurd, you want to kill the set. NOBODY will use it if the cooldown goes up anything above 3-4 seconds, because that means you won't be able to re-proc it while is up, giving you an awful uptime that you can't even control when to proc (in comparison, clever alch or fury would be 100x times better)

If you are getting rekt by stamina builds is not seventh's legion fault, is yours. Don't try to kill sets just because you are bad.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 29, 2018 2:26PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should change it to only have a 4.7% chance to proc on the third block, after you are dismounted by a stealth player with less than 800 stam/mag recovery, with a skill that has a minimum of 25 nerf posts from the highly educated people in the pvp forum discussion page, on a Thursday between 4pm and 7:30pm EST. Otherwise it's way overperforming for sure. Ive read posts that say so.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how this set that was considered trash when One Tamriel was released. Now people demand nerfs.......Wonder what set comes next?

(not implying the set wasn´t overperforming)
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall if the set scaled to CP160 prior to OT. It's been long enough that I can't quite remember when it did, but people who didn't adopt early just didn't test. Basically nobody tests gear in this game so the masses are dependent on a streamer adapting it after they've gotten it second hand from people that test.

It's been a super strong choice ever since it was scaled to CP160.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I can't recall if the set scaled to CP160 prior to OT. It's been long enough that I can't quite remember when it did, but people who didn't adopt early just didn't test. Basically nobody tests gear in this game so the masses are dependent on a streamer adapting it after they've gotten it second hand from people that test.

Well-said.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

It’s always been good for surviving(although the heal need ruins that imo) while offering less damage than Fury, Ravager, Alch, Spriggans, etc. Fury was a superior choice prior to morrowind sustain changes because you didn’t need to add sustain to a build and it’s flat out more damage(particularly before it got nerfed). The beauty of 7th legion was always that it increased sustain by keeping heals rolling as long as you were taking damage. It increases offensive windows and lowers sustain needs while providing almost enough damage
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once they nerf 7th Legion everyone will just switch to Warriors Fury which is every bit as OP as 7th is, just not as popular or well known, and don’t forget Veiled Heritance set...all 3 of those sets need toned down
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once they nerf 7th Legion everyone will just switch to Warriors Fury which is every bit as OP as 7th is, just not as popular or well known, and don’t forget Veiled Heritance set...all 3 of those sets need toned down

Heritance is bad, but Truth isn’t . Fury was BiS for like a year already and 7th only started outperforming it when they nerfed sustain in Morrowind.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it 4 seconds then and it will actually require you to use your brain to setup the burst plus build for sustain just like you have to do with fury or truth
    Edited by Mustard on January 29, 2018 3:51PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it 4 seconds then and it will actually require you to use your brain to setup the burst plus build for sustain just like you have to do with fury or truth

It is no longer over-performing. Post nerf, wearing 7th legion instead of Fury, Truth, or Ravager is a poor build choice. The healing you lose from dropping the 7th proc is made up for by the extra heals you get from fury/ravager and Truth is a great back bar set allowing you to pair it with a set that needs to be on both bars.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have fun with Fury, in 99% of all fights you die before you get more wpn damage than 7th or Heritance or you kill your enemies before it gives you noticeable damage increase.

This set was good when you could tank 10-15 people with no problems. With the morrowind changes and heavy armor changes this set is now so difficult to use that there is no need to change it.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest problem in this game started when sets began to do things that should have been done by skills. Older proc required to fulfill certain conditions and some of them had big CD or their effect was smaller (like Ashen or Withestrakes).

Anyway, considering Alma´s effect, which is almost half the heal of 7thL, and that Alma doesn't add spell dmg at all, 7th legion should have at least a 3 secs CD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No its not !

Its a 10% proc that last 5 secs on 2 sec timer..... It procs off of damage taken.. Keep in mind most builds with this run two handers which is very slow but has bursty potential dps...

If you increase it to 10 seconds will be dropped by almost everyone ! I think 2 secs is good atm .. if it needs to be addressed in the future then maybe increase it 3 to 4 sec... I would not use it if it was over 5 secs....

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not even that strong to begin with.

And if we are going to follow the Black Rose method of nerfing both the passive (they removed the damage buff heavy gets) and also nerf the set, can we go back and add something beneficial to passives.

If they are going to nerf it to oblivion, give me back the AP I spent on the rings that was just in the vendor right before PTS patch notes came out.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^
    I agree .... with the new changes with evade.... I can see Brass Medium becoming more of an option for Melee so you can get the evade buff.. These two together dwarf the mitigation of heavy...

There will always be something to nerf I guess .... Im just tired of all the nerfs to everything from sets to class abilities...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people mistake the resistance for why heavy is strong, yeah it makes you tanky but added mag sustain, heavy attack resources boost in a heavy attack meta. The healing received added is really good too, If you're on an argonian your heals will be fat no matter what with heavy and that race stacking to it.

Btw I love people running brass, makes light so much more fun with these people thinking resistances will save them lol.
    Durham wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    I agree .... with the new changes with evade.... I can see Brass Medium becoming more of an option for Melee so you can get the evade buff.. These two together dwarf the mitigation of heavy...

There will always be something to nerf I guess .... Im just tired of all the nerfs to everything from sets to class abilities...

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    10 seconds cooldown for a 5seconds uptime? that's absurd, you want to kill the set. NOBODY will use it if the cooldown goes up anything above 3-4 seconds, because that means you won't be able to re-proc it while is up, giving you an awful uptime that you can't even control when to proc (in comparison, clever alch or fury would be 100x times better)

If you are getting rekt by stamina builds is not seventh's legion fault, is yours. Don't try to kill sets just because you are bad.

Id like to introduce you to briarheart and burning spellweave.

Also if you're concerned about it getting nerfed maybe you need to get better? I really dont care either way, they could buff the damage for it for all I care.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also if you're concerned about it getting nerfed maybe you need to get better? I really dont care either way, they could buff the damage for it for all I care.

Well, burning procs on your doing damage, not taking damage, which can be good or bad for either depending on your pvp playstyle and the current fight going on and burning also has an 8 second proc. If we are going to talk about a longer cooldown, maybe they should also add a few more seconds to the proc to give you time to make use of it, especially since you have less control over proc'ing it?

And don't be fooled by thinking a set is carrying someone. maybe it is? idk every player involved in every fight, but 9 times out of 10, most players that lose a fight always revert to blaming a set instead of themselves. Outside of some extreme cases like when you could get three or four things to proc off one light attack and do a ton of damage in half a second, most sets haven't been as broken as the masses make them out to be. I can't speak for the poster you quoted, but nerfs like this to sets that aren't that bad are more annoying. In the end, I'll change a build and still win the same fights I would have won before and lost the same fights I would have won before and players will blame whatever the next set excuse is.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop asking for nerfs to sets? How about buffs to sets that are completely terrible and useless.

If we use the nerfbat as a hammer to always smash down the outliers (aka best sets) then people will just gravitate to the next highest set. Instead, for every nerf, ZOS should buff/rework two under-performing sets so we have more gear diversity.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tarrocan wrote: »

Once per armor piece. You can have charged and uncharged seventh legion. To charge it you have to use untradeable shards that are a rare drop at the end of vHoF.

And to keep people from abusing the mechanic, place a global cooldown of 24hrs per character so that oyu can't just switch to charged pieces multiple times per day.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if serious... However I do think the cooldown should match the proc (5 seconds) and maybe increase the heal slightly. It would still be a very good set.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

briarheart is a 10 seconds buff and burning spellwave is a 8 seconds, seventh is 5 seconds. Also those two sets procs on dmg done, not dmg taken, so you the chances of timming your dmg with the proc are really high, not the case for seven legion where you have to wait the proc and then land the combo in a 5seconds window.
    Seventh is a complete different sets compared to the 2 you mentioned, apples and oranges.

This post is just another "nerf everything kodi uses on stream", nothing else nothing more. Same thing with the last week post asking to nerf blobs templar build 2hours after he posted the build lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2018 2:45PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

briarheart is a 10 seconds buff and burning spellwave is a 8 seconds, seventh is 5 seconds. Also those two sets procs on dmg done, not dmg taken, so you the chances of timming your dmg with the proc are really high, not the case for seven legion where you have to wait the proc and then land the combo in a 5seconds window.
    Seventh is a complete different sets compared to the 2 you mentioned, apples and oranges.

This post is just another "nerf everything kodi uses on stream", nothing else nothing more. Same thing with the last week post asking to nerf blobs templar build 2hours after he posted the build lol

Would be funny if someone like Kodi decided to run a complete trash set and make a build video about it, just to see how long it takes before people cry for a nerf.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realize the set was broken and had 100% uptime right? Which allowed you to run super low sustain while having crazy high damage. If you are confused about that or feel the need to use Kodi’s name as your defense I feel bad for you. It was a big hush hush secret for a long time that people used this set before Kodi even caught wind about it.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guarantee you people will need to run another regen or cost reduction glyph with this set now to be able to sustain. That should tell you all you need to know about why it was broken and they semi fixed it.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize the set was broken and had 100% uptime right? Which allowed you to run super low sustain while having crazy high damage. If you are confused about that or feel the need to use Kodi’s name as your defense I feel bad for you. It was a big hush hush secret for a long time that people used this set before Kodi even caught wind about it.

The set have a high uptime only under pressure, if you are getting zerg down is a 100-ish%. If you are fighthing one player, the uptime is not that good compared to other sets that give a similar amount of weapon damage. The "broken" thing with the set was that when hit by multiple players, the healing output was to high, but that's solved with the 2 seconds cooldown.

I already explained the reason why this post is stupid, way before making the kodi joke.
    I guarantee you people will need to run another regen or cost reduction glyph with this set now to be able to sustain. That should tell you all you need to know about why it was broken and they semi fixed it.

uh? how is sustain affected by weapon dmg? lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 30, 2018 3:52PM