The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Seventh legion

• Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hence why I mentioned people will see a big sustain change with this set.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well while we are at it, why not enhance those sexy nerfs? Like 10s cooldown on flame lash? 1 min synergy cooldown? bosses immune to off balance for 2 mins?

The playerbase on ESO seems to be focused on turning this game into a minecraft with better graphics, might as well create a new weapon line, one hand and pillow

"Due to 1h+Pillow overperforming, we have replaced the 1h with a feather"
    This will be a buff if you aren't allergic.
    Argonian forever
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Once they nerf 7th Legion everyone will just switch to Warriors Fury which is every bit as OP as 7th is, just not as popular or well known, and don’t forget Veiled Heritance set...all 3 of those sets need toned down

Heritance is bad, but Truth isn’t . Fury was BiS for like a year already and 7th only started outperforming it when they nerfed sustain in Morrowind.

Veiled Heritance is actually really good on a StamDK with Noxious Breath + Venomous Claw + Volatile Armor/Volatile Damage return gives it a pretty high uptime. On other stam classes it isn't as good, but a 10% proc chance is really good on classes with access to DOTS since you get a chance with every dot tick.

if they do nerf 7th Legion, I think you will see many StamDK's go for Veiled Heritance for this reason. Other stam classes will probably use something else, but StamDK access to three strong DOTS, and a damage returning skill in Volatile Armor gives them potential for very high uptime on Veiled Heritance.

Before i converted by MagDK back to mag I was using Veiled Heritance and I had its buff up a lot with those 3 skills, I could see where other stam specs may not be able to get the same kinda uptime though.

Truth + Veiled Hereitance on a StamDK could be really nasty if they nerf 7th Legion
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once they nerf 7th Legion everyone will just switch to Warriors Fury which is every bit as OP as 7th is, just not as popular or well known, and don’t forget Veiled Heritance set...all 3 of those sets need toned down

Heritance is bad, but Truth isn’t . Fury was BiS for like a year already and 7th only started outperforming it when they nerfed sustain in Morrowind.

Veiled Heritance is actually really good on a StamDK with Noxious Breath + Venomous Claw + Volatile Armor/Volatile Damage return gives it a pretty high uptime. On other stam classes it isn't as good, but a 10% proc chance is really good on classes with access to DOTS since you get a chance with every dot tick.

if they do nerf 7th Legion, I think you will see many StamDK's go for Veiled Heritance for this reason. Other stam classes will probably use something else, but StamDK access to three strong DOTS, and a damage returning skill in Volatile Armor gives them potential for very high uptime on Veiled Heritance.

Before i converted by MagDK back to mag I was using Veiled Heritance and I had its buff up a lot with those 3 skills, I could see where other stam specs may not be able to get the same kinda uptime though.

Truth + Veiled Hereitance on a StamDK could be really nasty if they nerf 7th Legion

If stamdk would be good maybe but it isn't :lol:
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Funny how this set that was considered trash when One Tamriel was released. Now people demand nerfs.......Wonder what set comes next?

(not implying the set wasn´t overperforming)

Well when One Tamriel camed out this set was a trash because people were relying on proc sets and for stamina users Viper was the meta. 7th legion replaced it and it can be replaced at some point by other currently existing set.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people mistake the resistance for why heavy is strong, yeah it makes you tanky but added mag sustain, heavy attack resources boost in a heavy attack meta. The healing received added is really good too, If you're on an argonian your heals will be fat no matter what with heavy and that race stacking to it.

Btw I love people running brass, makes light so much more fun with these people thinking resistances will save them lol.
    Durham wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    I agree .... with the new changes with evade.... I can see Brass Medium becoming more of an option for Melee so you can get the evade buff.. These two together dwarf the mitigation of heavy...

There will always be something to nerf I guess .... Im just tired of all the nerfs to everything from sets to class abilities...

Did not say anything about resists.. I was referring to the evade enhancements helping the medium meta...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stam DK is dead bro
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people mistake the resistance for why heavy is strong, yeah it makes you tanky but added mag sustain, heavy attack resources boost in a heavy attack meta. The healing received added is really good too, If you're on an argonian your heals will be fat no matter what with heavy and that race stacking to it.

Btw I love people running brass, makes light so much more fun with these people thinking resistances will save them lol.
    ^^^^^^
    I agree .... with the new changes with evade.... I can see Brass Medium becoming more of an option for Melee so you can get the evade buff.. These two together dwarf the mitigation of heavy...

There will always be something to nerf I guess .... Im just tired of all the nerfs to everything from sets to class abilities...

Did not say anything about resists.. I was referring to the evade enhancements helping the medium meta...

medium meta? LOL, tell me more about that magic place where medium armor is meta.
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Majority of Stam play along with the 7th, Bloodspawn, WW (or other), SnB, 2H trend. There's a reason. It's because it's grossly unbalanced.

What I don't understand is having higher WD than in Medium with great sustain. Heavy nowadays is a crutch and this set makes/made it a wheelchair.

Remember the good old times pre IC and heavy NEVER being considered in pvp? When people actually died? I miss those days.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop asking for nerfs to sets? How about buffs to sets that are completely terrible and useless.

If we use the nerfbat as a hammer to always smash down the outliers (aka best sets) then people will just gravitate to the next highest set. Instead, for every nerf, ZOS should buff/rework two under-performing sets so we have more gear diversity.

Can you just stop with the "buff everything else instead logic"?

Buff everything else is what they did last time, and it lead to a mass blanket sustain nerf that made half the end game population quit. We don't need buffs to bad sets, we need nerfs to overperforming sets. It's as simple as that.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

stamDK is dead.

You can achieve 5k+ weapon damage but you aren't gonna kill anyone with a brain with that pathetic dots. Maybe another Dk.

IF you go for a bleed build with dual wield. Now thats some serious pressure. But too bad every other class makes a better bleed build than a Dk.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 30, 2018 8:39PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Can we please stop asking for nerfs to sets? How about buffs to sets that are completely terrible and useless.

If we use the nerfbat as a hammer to always smash down the outliers (aka best sets) then people will just gravitate to the next highest set. Instead, for every nerf, ZOS should buff/rework two under-performing sets so we have more gear diversity.

Buff everything else is what they did last time, and it lead to a mass blanket sustain nerf that made half the end game population quit. We don't need buffs to bad sets, we need nerfs to overperforming sets. It's as simple as that.

Sure, except 7th isn't really overperforming. I can see a small adjustment, but most of the whiners on it are making excuses for their losses. The same people beating them before will change builds and those whiners will find a new piece of gear to blame.

But, fine, they want to nerf a few heavy armor damage buff sets? Whatever - but they should re-address the change they made to heavy armor passives last patch. Whether it's give that damage back or create a new passive.

This just echoes the exact same thing with Black Rose they did - adjust the set, then adjust the passive and not go back and correct the set, so it's worthless to use now. Tired of the double nerfs to things for no better reason than laziness.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    :)

Im not saying StamDK is in a good place folks. I was just saying for those who are sticking with StamDK(are a few still out there) they may go that route.

StamDK needs to serious help in some areas for open world pvp thats for sure. no argument from me on that.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used 7th, dropped it within a week. Its unreliable. I have been experimenting with Crest Of Cyrodiil set.
    Edited by techprince on January 31, 2018 1:11PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    :)

Im not saying StamDK is in a good place folks. I was just saying for those who are sticking with StamDK(are a few still out there) they may go that route.

StamDK needs to serious help in some areas for open world pvp thats for sure. no argument from me on that.

I see your point, It will be definitely easier to proc this set on a stamDK, but the set itself isn't really that amazing, and using dots on a stamDk means sacrificing 2 skill slots that could be better with other skills,(like flames of oblivion on back bar, and evil hunter on front bar for the %10 passive crit change, as it is tough to have a high crit chance on heavy armor, especially after the mundus changes.)

And why I think stamDK dots are a massive waste of space?
    Because they need you to waste your CP into thalmaturge, and it does damage on a very long time.
    I am almost always better of landing a dizzy swing instead of going for the dots, as the dizzy swing damage is instant, and it can't be purged.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 30, 2018 9:35PM
  • Bobleeswaggen
    Mustard wrote: »
    Change the cool down to 10 seconds instead of 2. It’s still over performing.

That would be exactly the kind of heavy handed nerf that would kill this set as well.

Additionally, I see mentioned in other places in this thread that because certain sets like 7th, fury, ww, etc.. are so common on stam dk, stamsorc and the like that they must be overperforming. This is a logical fallacy (causation/correlation). The reason they are so common is because these build types have been so pigeonholed recently to use a small selection of viable pvp sets. The 2 second cooldown does not kill the set, but a 10 second cooldown would ABSOLUTELY do the job.

Redguard Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact - Denzel Roundbelly (PVP Main)
    High Elf Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - Skinny Roundbelly (PVE Main - Stormproof)
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 second cool down it is then to balance this set!
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel

This set proc is 10% chance.
    With duration 5 seconds for weapon damage increased.
    Also, 2nd effect is 4% health recovery, and 3d - weapon critical...not stam recovery, not max stamina, weapon damage or resistances...
    Any thoughts why 10sec cooldown idea is inadequate?
    Edited by Anethum on January 31, 2018 4:18AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about every skill, and set proc has a one hour cool down. Then no one would be able to complain about skill spamming.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bummer, I just started trying this set on live and it doesn't seem to be useful at all, so IDK what the fuss is.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game balancing by nerfing (especially heavy handed nerfs like the one OP is suggesting) is probabaly one of the worst ways to balance a MMO.
    I play how I want to.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

Sure, except 7th isn't really overperforming. I can see a small adjustment, but most of the whiners on it are making excuses for their losses. The same people beating them before will change builds and those whiners will find a new piece of gear to blame.

But, fine, they want to nerf a few heavy armor damage buff sets? Whatever - but they should re-address the change they made to heavy armor passives last patch. Whether it's give that damage back or create a new passive.

This just echoes the exact same thing with Black Rose they did - adjust the set, then adjust the passive and not go back and correct the set, so it's worthless to use now. Tired of the double nerfs to things for no better reason than laziness.

So it’s fine to be at resistance caps while still having the damage and the sustain to actually kill someone? Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

So it’s fine to be at resistance caps while still having the damage and the sustain to actually kill someone? Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.

In heavy armor you won't reach the resistance cap unless you get some more resistance else where. With normal 5pc heavy + 2 medium you will sit at ~24k resistances.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

In heavy armor you won't reach the resistance cap unless you get some more resistance else where. With normal 5pc heavy + 2 medium you will sit at ~24k resistances.

Yes, but with 1 major resistance buff you’re pretty close, and most have these.
    Edited by Feanor on February 6, 2018 8:19AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game balancing by nerfing (especially heavy handed nerfs like the one OP is suggesting) is probabaly one of the worst ways to balance a MMO.

@rustic_potato and what do you suggest? Buff everything until everyone becomes an immortal god and nobody dies and we get another sustain nerf? Please, let's be reasonable here ;)
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.

Well, then light armor should lose its shields, which scale from damage stat. You are damage dealer in light armor, so you should die without pocket healer, instead of spamming shields and tanking people.
    Is it ok for you?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothrock wrote: »

Heavy Armour should never ever have any damage at all, and the same goes for S&B. Probably the latter is the real culprit here, but they should really make another effort to pronounce the advantages of Armour Lines more. You shouldn’t be able to have the best of all worlds.

Well, then light armor should lose its shields, which scale from damage stat. You are damage dealer in light armor, so you should die without pocket healer, instead of spamming shields and tanking people.
    Is it ok for you?

I do die without a pocket healer. I run with a 6.7k Shield in noCP and no, I’m not tanking people.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

Is it ok for you?

I do die without a pocket healer. I run with a 6.7k Shield in noCP and no, I’m not tanking people.

Maybe then you should make a decent build like some sorcs have, instead of whining on forum?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I say: NERF the NERD!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it ok for you?

Maybe then you should make a decent build like some sorcs have, instead of whining on forum?

Yes, maybe I should lean on all the cheese and the crutches the game has to offer to be considered an awesome player like so many others aspire to be. I’d rather have fun though without constantly chasing the latest exploits that allow players staying “l33t”.