Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question Regarding Loot

Elitius
Elitius
So as far as am I aware atm the items scale up to CP lv 160, but a friend of mine told me if you are CP lv 500 You'll even get better items compared to one that is below that... Could anyone confirm this and if so how does it scale since you can get to CP level 1k+

Thanks in advance!
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope.

Item level caps at cp160, additional CP does nothing.

The only thing that has any effect is the treasure hunter passive, which will give you a higher chance for rare loot from chests.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm CP 811 and I get the same CP 160 gear for loot as everyone else. As Sixty5 says, you can get better quality loot from chests that effects the chance to get set pieces, blue-purple quality, with the Treasure Hunter CP passive, but that's the only difference.
  • Elitius
    Elitius
    Thank you both very much for the insight!

Regards, E.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note, your legerdemain skill level does affect the odds of better items from chests and pickpocketing. That’s one way to get better loot, but of course gear will all still cap at 160.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

The only thing that has any effect is the treasure hunter passive, which will give you a higher chance for rare loot from chests.

you get more gold, generally an extra item and better quality items.
    no treasure hunter: 78-83g
    treasure hunter: 116g