The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Offline" named NPC's and other issues since last maintenance on NA/PC

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your antivirus blocked some files responsible for translation?
  • DaneWilson87
    Arciris wrote: »
    @DaneWilson87 , @treatz

Sorry for you guys :( For now, i'm still having this issue. I'm being taking care of by a CS agent, if/when I have any update, I'll share.
    If it's not on our end, the maintenance broke something for a very few of us (which is what I suspect)
    At least harvesting mats seems to work, so it's pretty much the only thing i'm doing now :o

Yeah, I managed to do the undaunted dailies--only because I had a friend tell me what the quests were and queue them up for me.
    Dane Wilson
    Argonian Templar Tank [PS4]
    Argonian Warden Tank [PC]
  • DaneWilson87
    Well, I have done everything you've tried, and I still can't verify the files via steam.

Any other idea, from anyone?
    Dane Wilson
    Argonian Templar Tank [PS4]
    Argonian Warden Tank [PC]
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, all NPC's are named "Offline" , some I can talk to, others I cannot.
    Did you start Steam in "Offline" mode?
    biggrin.gif

• gcoop445ub17_ESO
    gcoop445ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, I got mine to work. Hopefully this helps some people out -
    -Reset UserSettings.txt
    -Disabled all add-ons
    -Ran repair through game launcher

Then I logged in and everything was back to normal.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If more people have issue then it's not you. In the meantime, try reloading UI without add ons. Also repair install might work.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I got mine to work. Hopefully this helps some people out -
    -Reset UserSettings.txt
    -Disabled all add-ons
    -Ran repair through game launcher

Then I logged in and everything was back to normal.

I did that today once more (without resetting UserSettings.txt) and the game is also back to normal for me.
    So, basically, what seems to work is:

- Disable all add-ons
    - Run a repair from the launcher
    - Run the repair as many times as needed (one time wasn't enough for me)

Thanks all for your help :)
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else experiencing the world differently today, after maintenance?

For me, all NPC's are named "Offline" , some I can talk to, others I cannot.

My inventory is all messy, with only icons on it.

My houses are all gone from my list , except my primary that I can still port to, although it doesn't have a name.

I have already restarted my PC, logged in and out and ran a repair from the launcher.

Im not going to read and see if this was fixed, but this happened to me a while back on xbox. And if i ever try to start my game before a patch fully updates (because on xbox you can go to the log in window and wait til the patch downloads there) it will cause this to happen. To fix it i had to delete everything and re install the game.
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    12/20/2018 or for Australia date 20/12/2018.

When I got back into game had to do update, then get email for code due to supposedly IP address change.

Then as above all npc's monsters, bankers quest givers all "OFFLINE" quest givers give no text and quest fails to display all items in inventory have nothing other than icons, some items fail to even display that.
    Edit. Forgot to mention also in character load screen all characters names only display the usual location is gone as well.

I can see guild and zone chat, however any perks like current new life festival xp boons also not displaying.
    any word by ESO when they will fix this bug?
    Edited by giinoz2011rwb17_ESO on December 22, 2018 10:21AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I got back into game had to do update, then get email for code due to supposedly IP address change.

Then as above all npc's monsters, bankers quest givers all "OFFLINE" quest givers give no text and quest fails to display all items in inventory have nothing other than icons, some items fail to even display that.
    Edit. Forgot to mention also in character load screen all characters names only display the usual location is gone as well.

I can see guild and zone chat, however any perks like current new life festival xp boons also not displaying.

@giinoz2011rwb17_ESO

You have replied to a thread that died almost a year ago. Whatever the issue they had is probably remedied or something that is a temporary bug.

I suggest restarting your PC and if that does not resolve the issue then open up a tech support ticket because it seems you are experiencing something very isolated.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time that happened it was merely temporary.

I've just: disabled all Add-ons (update them as well)
    Ran repair after repair :open_mouth: until it was ok

As a suggestion, just go to your favorite NPC and take pictures with their "Offline" names, it helps relieve the frustration! :D