Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leg distortion on one of the new Argonian costumes

feyii
feyii
✭✭✭✭
Just letting you know that the character's leg on the Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt is a bit distorted. See these two screenshots for comparison.

I marked the distorted area on the Four-Fabric Skirt:
CQoTNG1.png

On the Egg-Sister outfit the leg looks normal:
aXHQBvs.png

It's not much and unless you switch between the two costumes it might not even be noticable. But if you know it, it looks simply strange.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its actualy both legs, at least when I'm using duchess personality

and it looks incredibly awkward.

here's the egg sister outfit, looks pretty good (note that its a preview, I haven't bought them yet, in part becasue of the leg issue and in part because after having been burned on other outfits recently, I'd like to see how these dye first.

26758627_1515031045276760_4178426023300484076_o.jpg?oh=8ee6c2cec95f69ee7c164f56a8b47240&oe=5AE30D4F

and here is 4 fabric outfit. yikes.

26952347_1515031078610090_1238172550846073528_o.jpg?oh=e2de37faddfc973ff438556062f0e733&oe=5AE8D96D
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I can also see this on my characters

this is unrelated to the bug, but could anyone show how the costumes dye?
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on January 18, 2018 11:07PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and its not just Breton, I tried it on my argonian first but wasn't sure if distortion was becasue I made her very narrow hipped, but.. this seems to be an outfit issue.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I confirm. Noticed immediately, as soon as I did put the outfit on. It's very evident, not a minor flaw.

Top QA as usual... if any.

ZOS check your products, please, before selling.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Please, check this to get it corrected.

Edited by RANKK7 on January 18, 2018 4:57PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the hip joint got moved. Very strange.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed it in the preview. Not gonna buy till it is fixed.
    PC-NA Goat
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Noticed it in the preview. Not gonna buy till it is fixed.

I bought it already because I figured they would fix it (since a different bug happened with the male argonian costumes a little while ago and was fixed) but I feel like I should have waited anyway
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also bought the Egg-Sister, but was more upset that there is still only half a skirt on my argonians backside.

YUHFZUC.jpg

What would be most excellent is if these costumes would recognize male bodies and lose the swimsuit top:

xXRXnAk.jpg

And if male costumes would fit female bodies instead of trying to make them into men:

X2dULCT.jpg

But yeah, like any of this would ever be fixed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a weight-loss outfit that actually works. Shrink those thighs!
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    @thatlaurachick What dye did you use on the Egg-Sister costume?? That looks lovely!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    huh, interestingly unless my eyes deceive me - leg distortion only happens on female bodies? becasue I'm not seeing it on the dunmer above.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes the thigh above the knee seriously flat too.. looks like, 2 knees on one leg. Its odd and Im disappointed I spent 700 crowns on it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @thatlaurachick What dye did you use on the Egg-Sister costume?? That looks lovely!

@playerkiller247

Transliminal Violet and Contraband Violet. The contraband is pink-ish looking.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 18, 2018 10:53PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I can also see this on my characters

this is unrelated to the bug, but could anyone show how the costumes dye?

yeah sure here you go

LIGHT COLORS
    Welkynd blue
    Provisioner brown
    Transliminal violet

ab655a69e3fc32ace147e3447070443c.png

DARK COLORS
    Coldharbor ash black
    Smuggler violet
    Transliminal violet

16d7fc182b29d8e797b6af1f7023e8be.png

700 crown version

DARK/LIGHT
    Provisioner brown (light)
    Smuggler violet (dark/rare)
    Transliminal violet

8fe02343a87f604172a7814ce5624ae5.png
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 4Fab Skirt in the promo pic seems to have the front flap a little off-centered. On the ingame char, they've made it dead center just like all the regular flaps on clothes/armors. That might have something to do with it. The flapless skirt looks more okay.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    @thatlaurachick Awesome thanks! Good job on the costume!
  • Nerd_of_Prey
    Nerd_of_Prey
    Soul Shriven
    You know, this is not the first costume to have distorted legs. The corseted riding outfit and holiday in Balmora outfit both make a female character's hips super skinny. It's subtle enough I didn't notice it until I deliberately made a really heavy-looking character, equipped one of those outfits, and suddenly she had a skinny butt. Even on a character with less extreme proportions you can see it, if you switch between one of those outfits and various other ones. It changes their proportions pretty dramatically sometimes.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time, new costumes would be previewed on the PTS before being released.

They stopped doing that, probably because people kept asking, "When will we see XYZ in the store? We know it's in the game already!"

But it was nice to be able to test out things and find little problems like this.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    huh, interestingly unless my eyes deceive me - leg distortion only happens on female bodies? becasue I'm not seeing it on the dunmer above.

Yep, the male version doesn't have the problem. When I bought the outfit, I was also an a male character, so I didn't see a problem in the preview.
    Well, at least it's a lesson learned - always preview on characters you want to use an outfit on.
  • Kie
    Kie
    I hope this gets fixed. I was hoping to buy both outfits :/
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just a quick note to let you know we've seen this thread and are on the case.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like it deforms both thighs a bit, though the right leg is worse.
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just a quick note to let you know we've seen this thread and are on the case.

Thank you! Perhaps... It would be a good opportunity to fix all costumes? There are many old costumes that present the same annoying visual glitch. Most costumes create a thigh gap that my character does not have.

4VhynbL.jpg

I have used photoshop to make it look as it should:

HXUMJia.png

And finally, this oldie could use some love:

sJFs12Z.jpg

The waist distortion is extreme, and my character is not even that thin, she's on the center of the body slide. Skinnier characters look even more ridiculous.
    Edited by Mielikki on January 19, 2018 4:23PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Costume quality is getting more and more shoddy as time goes on. Mesh distortion and terrible dye problems abound. Does no one even test these things out after making them, BEFORE putting them up for sale? I made meshes and textures for the other ES games and ALWAYS checked stuff out myself as many times as it needed. If it still didn't pass muster, I didn't release it.

Considering that money is charged for these items, making sure they're the best quality possible is a MUST. I was going to pick up both of these, but as you can't be bothered to a) test them and b) remove the 'bra' top for males, I'll pass.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Costume quality is getting more and more shoddy as time goes on. Mesh distortion and terrible dye problems abound. Does no one even test these things out after making them, BEFORE putting them up for sale? I made meshes and textures for the other ES games and ALWAYS checked stuff out myself as many times as it needed. If it still didn't pass muster, I didn't release it.

Considering that money is charged for these items, making sure they're the best quality possible is a MUST. I was going to pick up both of these, but as you can't be bothered to a) test them and b) remove the 'bra' top for males, I'll pass.

Some customs/motifs not dying properly is really, really annoying, especially since you can't check them first.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

Yep, the male version doesn't have the problem. When I bought the outfit, I was also an a male character, so I didn't see a problem in the preview.
    Well, at least it's a lesson learned - always preview on characters you want to use an outfit on.

Yeah...I noticed that after looking at the costume on every one of my female characters. I decided to see if the same issue occurred with my male characters, which it did not. So, yeah...confirming it's only an issue on the females.

I haven't purchased either costume yet, but I definitely will NOT be getting the 700 crown one until it's fixed. Seriously...how did this get put into the CS - did NO ONE on the team notice? Or did they hope that none of us would notice?

And thanks, Gina, for your response to let us know you're looking into it. I hope it can be fixed in an incremental or at least with the Dragon Bones DLC. You're gonna miss out on Crown sales until you do.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mielikki wrote: »

Thank you! Perhaps... It would be a good opportunity to fix all costumes? There are many old costumes that present the same annoying visual glitch. Most costumes create a thigh gap that my character does not have.

And finally, this oldie could use some love:

sJFs12Z.jpg

The waist distortion is extreme, and my character is not even that thin, she's on the center of the body slide. Skinnier characters look even more ridiculous.

Heh...never noticed the problem from profile, but did notice that it gave all my characters an extremely narrow waist. I just assumed it has a corset. :p

Also, never really noticed the increased gap between the thighs on the Bosmer costumes and these new ones. I did, however, notice how the Breton riding outfit would shrink my characters backsides.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its actualy both legs, at least when I'm using duchess personality

and it looks incredibly awkward.

here's the egg sister outfit, looks pretty good (note that its a preview, I haven't bought them yet, in part becasue of the leg issue and in part because after having been burned on other outfits recently, I'd like to see how these dye first.

26758627_1515031045276760_4178426023300484076_o.jpg?oh=8ee6c2cec95f69ee7c164f56a8b47240&oe=5AE30D4F

and here is 4 fabric outfit. yikes.

26952347_1515031078610090_1238172550846073528_o.jpg?oh=e2de37faddfc973ff438556062f0e733&oe=5AE8D96D
    Thank you.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380007/telvanni-master-wizard-costume-fail-on-females
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope it gets fixed asap, I bought it and I'm waiting to use it.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom please if any ETA let us know

lll
    lll