Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:41PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems any exclusive items are always available through other means rarely, IE: events in game, or from sweep stake winners, giveaways
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, still love it, This one takes long walks on the beach and enjoys Salt Life :smile: LOL
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still to this day don't understand why Zenimax thinks a simple in-game location, regardless of what it looks like or how big it is, is worth the cost of literally more than two fully-developed major xbox titles.

This thing should have been completely boycotted, but as usual we have just enough rich people with no concept of wasting giving Zenimax enough purchases to keep getting away with this crap.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the island when first seen on test center . No way could I ever afford it when it went live . Cost more then concert tickets on the floor of best bands . Cost more then taking family out for dinner at good restaurant . Price was more expensive then pre order special of entire game .
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:37PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn’t get it myself but the people in my housing guild love the place. Their only real issue is the size of the place and you can’t really do the whole island.

What a lot of them resorted to is just leaving the island empty and really focusing on one part of the island, like the ocean with ships the volcano with rock monsters and so on. This has made super cool focus areas that really are amazing while the rest of the place is just eh an island.

I miss the chance to get it or I would have I don’t think I would regret it the place does have a lot of room and huge ceilings that you can really push something amazing in. Or make a super cool beach resort.

I’m looking forward to this place returning so I can get it myself.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on January 17, 2018 3:14AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Loved the island when first seen on test center . No way could I ever afford it when it went live . Cost more then concert tickets on the floor of best bands . Cost more then taking family out for dinner at good restaurant . Price was more expensive then pre order special of entire game .

Yes, yes, this one understands. But a concert ticket is good for one night, yes? And a dinner is also good for one night, yes? When morning comes, concert and dinner are no more. But an island lasts forever, like diamonds, yes?

Memories last forever-ish. I've gotten just as much from a 30 dollar concert as i have this game.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, yes, this one understands. But a concert ticket is good for one night, yes? And a dinner is also good for one night, yes? When morning comes, concert and dinner are no more. But an island lasts forever, like diamonds, yes?

It cost more then the entire game several times over and there is no content other then decorating . No quests . No NPC's . No mini games . I have no real proof or any way to show this but I truly believe more money would of been made by ZoS is no limited time offer and price was cut in half . More people would of made an effort to afford the island . I truly do not care anymore however and know from my experience with other houses I would of been regretting this purchase had ai bought it so I feel good for avoiding it .
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't purchase there is no buyers regret.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t actually last forever...
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It last only as long as ZoS sees fit, i.e. pulls the plug on the game servers ;)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still to this day don't understand why Zenimax thinks a simple in-game location, regardless of what it looks like or how big it is, is worth the cost of literally more than two fully-developed major xbox titles.

This thing should have been completely boycotted, but as usual we have just enough rich people with no concept of wasting giving Zenimax enough purchases to keep getting away with this crap.

Not rich....ppl have credit cards and live off installment payments. I didn’t buy tho I did have the crowns but it’s due to eso plus Xbox issues. I got about 12-15k one day
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that anything matters to anyone differently but having to pay your own money which is equivalent to 18k crowns is just wasteful as it does not really offer any kind of niche features in-game.

I mean sure you'll get crafting stations and mundus stones all lumped up in your own private area for a very slight gain in convenience but at what cost? If housing actually offered additional storage and 'waking up buffs' to the player like any other TES titles did, then I would be willing to spend a lot of crowns just to own at least one house because let's face it, the current housing system in this game is just a blackhole of gold sink and an income vehicle for ZoS with no real added feature for us players.
    Looking back at the release of the housing system, boy am I glad that I stood by my decision to forego any participation in it. With all that extra money, I'm more than happy to allocate it for a member sub instead of throwing it in a system that offers no niche. It's just not worth it.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on January 17, 2018 3:54AM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can afford these crown store homes, but they aren't good value at all, so I avoid them.

With the prices of computer hardware where they are right now (due to cryptocurrency mining) you're better off using that $135 to add to your next PC upgrade budget. $135 is the difference between a GTX 1080 and 1080 TI.

There is also no way to decorate these homes with 700 items. They are several times bigger than the base game houses, yet they share the same item limit (which was already not nearly enough to decorate the base game homes with).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 17, 2018 6:18PM
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope don't regret it at all.

There is plenty of room for doing anything on the island ie crafting center, pvp arena, parkpour courses.

Mine is just a tropical island getaway as advertised. I've hit the 700 (with +) item limit, though. So, I do wish I could have more housing slots as there is so much more that I want to do with it and you do have to sacrifice some part of the island when furnishing it because of that.

I have my crafting stations, a beautiful view, target dummies, banker/merchant/smuggler and soon housing storage. And, ZOS is actively looking into options to increase the housing slots (I know that is still a long way off, but it will be a benefit for Grand Topal). And, its fun to host events or have other guildies/friends over. They have fun exploring.

Not directly related to Grand Topal, but Homestead in general is way more fun than I thought it would be. I've enjoyed working on Grand Topal way more than I did in the housing in Skyrim or Oblivion.

I know the cost is a major issue with people. But, if you are a + member who can tell me how to spend my piled up crowns? What if I don't want a bunch of costumes/consumables/crown crates and would be happier spending my crowns on something like Grand Topal?

So in the end I have no regrets. And, yes I am happy with Grand Topal.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't regret not buying it. Had it been more reasonably priced I certainly would have.
    forever stuck in combat
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually when the game runs out of new locations and content to add that $135 will have been wasted just as much as a one night concert.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 17, 2018 4:24AM
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    buying an in game house for IRL money is just bad business practices.
    there is no return on the investment.
    I would have gladly sunk gold into the house but ZoS had their greazy money grabbing hands all over it.
    Already, I own the Overlook and since I cant share more than one house out ,without being there, I don't need another.

Do not regret boycotting this money grab housing for cash thing.
    I can easily go to some other place in Tamrial and just say hey I'm squatting here now so this is my home as well.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not rich....ppl have credit cards and live off installment payments. I didn’t buy tho I did have the crowns but it’s due to eso plus Xbox issues. I got about 12-15k one day

Also, budgeting. :)

I didn't buy it, too large, no need but it's none of my business if someone else did.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still laugh when I think about grown men and women actually wasting $135 on a virtual island.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if it had it's own patch of resource nodes I could farm it would be worth the crowns.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 17, 2018 4:29AM
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still laugh when I think about grown men and women actually wasting $135 on a virtual island.

And I'm bemused by the amount of money grown adults spend on golf or bowling or tennis.

To each their own, I say.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regret not buying it when I had the chance. I wish they’d taken my money now; I’d buy it in a heart beat.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It cost more then the entire game several times over and there is no content other then decorating . No quests . No NPC's . No mini games . I have no real proof or any way to show this but I truly believe more money would of been made by ZoS is no limited time offer and price was cut in half . More people would of made an effort to afford the island . I truly do not care anymore however and know from my experience with other houses I would of been regretting this purchase had ai bought it so I feel good for avoiding it .

So much this ^^
    I love the island, it's very unique among the rest, and I'd love to have it, but I really cannot support such a insidious and shameless money grab. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just simple calculation: whole year of ESO Plus, or all DLCs, or overpriced island I cannot even decorate as I want (with more Crown Store only trinkets!) because of item limit? Oh, don't forget the stupid bait: BUY IT NAOWW OR REGRET LATERRR!!! Hmm... pending soul scan... Nope, no regrets found.
    Btw, I play ESO since pre-order, spending my real monies only on ESO Plus (well, I bought 10k crown on sale once), and I still enjoy the game - there is always something to do, something to work on, like the Transmute Station two months ago or Robust Refabricated Centurion I'm collecting the vouchers and parts for at the moment. On the other side, there was a "whale" player I knew about half of year ago - he had the Topal island, filled with tonn of the most expensive stuff from the Crown Store: centurions, shards, furniture... Guess what, he played for like 3 months and left.
    It's not all about the money.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see the problem exactly.

ZOS knows there are people who can and will spend that kind of money, so they made something for them.

Great business decision which benefits us all if they turned a profit. It means they can then make something that will benefit the broader player base with that money.
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only buy houses for gold, don't like the crown only stuff at all and will continue to boycott it.
    Campos de oro
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I still like it just as much as I did upon first buying it. Looking back at it, I’m in a sense happy that I didn’t hesitate in picking it up Day 1. Outside of the Linchal Grand Manor (which I own as well), it is by far the most posh and luxurious residence to acquire. It blows the other notable homes out of the water. I love to see people talking about how they own the cave in Craglorn, or Daggerfall mansion, only for me to take them to the island and see their reaction. People’s reaction alone makes it worth every crown.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve no regrets buying it. I’ve also no interest in any other homes I have seen. I don’t do much with housing though.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work and have no probs whatsoever or regrets in hjaving this island, good place to relax :smile:
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's only money...

just for the record...i got the small dark room at the rosy lion...i think i put a shrub in there at one time...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 17, 2018 6:58AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place