Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Maelstrom complete. Now got to go back.

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
After spending little more than a year to finish Maelstrom on 2 toons, I still need to go back to get a bow and a staff.

My rewards were Precise dagger, sharpened axe on StamBlade and a snazzy Maelstrom S/B for petSorc.

Upon return with Khajit StamBlade now rocking all gold VO/NMG/Veledreth, I fairly easily whizzed right up to the 5th round. I’ve several other sets to choose from,but the current king of Maelstrom StamBlade is using this setup so will I.

It’s been more than a year since I dealt with this fight, and when I first beat it, kind of felt like an accident. So I grab the sigils. Every one of them. Burn her down and Get to the last pad and am just completely overwhelmed by ads. And the boss...well she’s almost dead too, but all these stinking ads are a major problem.

I’ve tried a few more times and keep getting same results. Really hate this place now and nervous about getting another crappy S/B.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Start on the platform with the haste sigil. Dps boss to 90% then adds spawn, kill adds. Dps boss to 75% then she breaks the platform. Go to platform with healing sigil (to the right) and take healing sigil. Dps boss to (I think) 65% then adds spawn, kill adds. Dps boss to 50% then she breaks the platform. Go to last platform and last two remaining sigils and ignore adds kill boss. The adds that spawn on the last platform are ranged and will kill themselves because of the defensive sigil.

Just remember, this fight is the opposite of a DPS race until you get to third platform which is on a timer.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah what Danksta said.

If you can't burn the boss whilst he's on his way to the third platform and essentially have him only smashing platforms until then, take it slower, deal with the adds when he enrages (only 2 a time) and then take the power and defence sigil at the end.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus ads, they are a real pain.

Last platform to die must be the one with Shield sigil, then after second platforms dies, you just take shield sigil and focus the boss. Burning boss too quick spawns too many ads...

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, now I have 3 toons stuck at this blasted fight. How come those darn trolls never go to the island I need them to be at. I’ve been getting real close, but more better stuff keeps on coming up and is so easy to leave this dump and find something better to do.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the focus of the fight are the ice mages. 8k ice arrows from range. Once these are dead the rest is easy. So focus them unless there is a troll bashing on a island. The secret to the fight is to not DPS the boss. Take your time. She is big and ugly, but not a real threat if you remember her mechanics. Change platforms at 75% and 45% and only on the last platform burn her.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My strat is as follows:

Start on the platform with the healing sigil
    Pull the boss and stand at the very back of the platform, when the ads spawn let them run onto the platform. I usually drop a Dawnbreaker to burn them a bit faster.
    Move to the platform with the haste sigil next and grab it, just so you've got a good chunk of resources for the rest of the fight.
    Stand to the back of the platform, and focus the ads and let your AOE and dots tick the boss down, but keep a watch for her mechanics. You don't focus DPS here at all, just stay alive and kill ads.
    When the second platform breaks, move to the final platform and grab the Offense and Defense sigils. Now you just focus the boss. Ranged Ads can't hurt you, and melee ones will die to cleave.

Whenever trolls spawn, take care of them. A poison injection is usually enough, but it pays to learn your damage vs them.
    Alternatively, slot a gap closer like Ambush or Crit rush and use that to deal with them.

It's a tricky fight, but that is mostly because you have to rotate through it properly.
    If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help! Smashed through it this afternoon. Was a good feeling when I got it down right and knew she was toast. Dawnbreaker worked really well there.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After much more troubles, I’m now back to the last boss. Calling it quits for tonight though. I must be getting better, I got him to go upstairs without creamy guard spawning. But then I couldn’t make it out of crystal phase alive.

The lag is terrible bad in there tonight. No idea how I got this far. I did have to give up my 2H and go back to DW after getting stuck on 7 for some time. Once I get the bow I’m so done with this place.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweet to finish up! I got a Charged Bow and Infused Inferno staff. Started again on Pet Sorc and got to Spider round before calling it a night. Guess I also need a lightning staff to be truly done with this place. It sux. I told myself I’d be done with it. But 6 other toons still need gear from here.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Over the X-Mas break I did Maelstrom 2 more times on a newly leveled up Redguard StamSorc with 84 skill points. Rocking 5 VO, Veledreth, 3 Agility, Masters Dagger/Axe, Maelstrom Bow.

Got a powered 2H Axe and Powered Lightning Staff. I made them both nirnhoned.

I have now got the full Maelstrom armory spread out through 10 different toons. It really sucks sharing weapons through the bank, and I hardly consider my attempts here farmworthy. I feel like a noob every time I get past the fourth level. I need 3 more bows, a few lightning Staffs and wouldn’t mind a couple more 2H.

I am finding it much easier on StamSorc though. And she’s wearing 2 pieces of blue well fitted all medium and about 4161 WD buffed. I’m considering getting a few more pieces of well fitted, I think it really makes a difference. My CP is nothing like what a Min/Max trial players would look like and my bars....well they’re different too.

Bow bar: endless hail, Caltrops, Hurricane, Vigor, Bound Armor Bow Ulti or Negate
    DW Bar: bloodthirst, bloodcraze, deadlycloak, CritSurge, Bound Armor. Ulti Dawnbreaker.

I tried a quick DPS test with a nightblade friend giving me fracture and hit 26k. I’m sure more skilled players could hit higher and my setup is really not something everyone is gonna have. Masters weapons are also not exactly easy to get either.

For me, the hardest round is still the fifth and seventh. I use sigils when I need them, sometimes just because they’re there. The ranged ads are pretty much always the priority and they’re a pain because they hang out way in the back and in water.

The seventh round boss....well hurricane has unintentionally killed the minders safe spot bubble and left me for dead quite a few times now. And the poison spores just get stupid sometimes.

I was literally stuck on the last boss for a year. I’m still not the greatest, but he’s much easier than the frozen blood now. The crematiorial guard is not such a big issue anymore. If I have an Ulti, I can make the boss go upstairs without even spawning one. The crystals are infinitely easier with a maelstrom bow and masters daggers. I do t even have to worry about the summoners, as I know there’s enough burn to finish the job.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you've overcome the hurdle Kyle, see you in Death's Embassy!