Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Winter Garland Dapple Gray Mount

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen less of this horse than I did of the elk last year (PC-NA). Not sure if it's because of the holiday accessories or if people just don't want horses anymore.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I've been on the fence about buying this horse. I love the dapple gray and I love the head, mane and tail. I don't think though that I will use it when it isn't Holiday season. A toggle would have been a great idea.
    Options
  • Hauteecole_Rider16
    Hauteecole_Rider16
    ✭✭✭
    Although the skins and meshes of the horses are all different they use the same skeleton for animation.

The Dapple has a slimmer mesh than most horses and so has to stand oddly to fit the skeleton, creating the elongated S back legs, which is a different issue to the zigzaglegs caused by Kinetics being On.

Kinetics should be fixed for mounts or a second toggle applied so it only affects mounts and not the character also.

The "one skeleton fits all" dogmatism will never likely be fixed and will only help create more deformed conformation in future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine_conformation

Pretty much this. I’ve learned a great deal about meshes and skeletons from modding Oblivion and Skyrim. As an equestrian, I find the Oblivion horses to be closest to the real life model, both in structure (mesh) and skeleton (framework, location of joints, movement of bones). Animation was a little skimpy, but they were quite realistic.

I was disappointed by the mesh and skeleton of the horses in Skyrim. Their mesh and skeleton felt sloppy to me. OTOH, their animations were more reflective of horses’ personalities.

But then ESO came along, and I really hate the horses in ESO. That’s saying a lot, because I love having horses in game (especially now, since I can’t own one IRL anymore).

The new winter mount only exacerbates the existing problem with the original horses. Not wasting crowns on this one, sorry.
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    They could always bring back the original Dapple Grey Palfrey. It was one of the first crown store mounts and then for some reason it was removed and never brought back. It wasn't advertised as limited time or anything, and it only cost 900 crowns, same as the White Mane Horse that's been around forever.

I've been hoping it'd come back since shortly after it was removed. I liked both that and the White Mane Horse and I got the White Mane first thinking I could get the other one later. Then it was gone and I'd unknowingly missed my chance.

When they decided to remove the Dapple Grey Palfrey and the Grey Yokudan Charger from the PC Crown Store (this was pre-console launch), they did advertise it and they were even 50% off. I purchased both at 450 Crowns each. That's when they also removed the chef and blacksmith outfits as well as the Striated Pony Guar (all three also at 50% off). I've got all of them, and yes, they are rare on console since only PC transfers have them (the horses and pet, anyway).
    Options
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    The head piece can be hidden. Just hide the upgrades. Stamina etc.
    I hid the stamina one and the carry capacity out of curiosity to see if it would work and it seemed to hide some of the garland.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
    Options