The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Wizard's riposte and shields

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    LEL who cares
    Warden is what’s really op

Tbh wizards is a wasted set on sorc IMO. Great now I get a sustain or dmg set and then lose min max value on either sustain or dmg. Because I could be running the best sustain set with a high damage set and survive off skill alone.
    Just shield well and set your cp correctly

Back whenever pirate was rampant on flavor sorcs i’d always get asked if I had it on. Bsw lich vma inferno 1x infernal. And still mitigate like I’m in pirate. Ward rotation practice

Not the point.

Wizard's scales, shields do not. 1v1, shielding might be enough. But the more and more people focus on you, the faster your shields collapse. Two damage builds are already enough to force you into permashielding until your resources run out. With Wizard's, you can take that pressure a bit off.

Super useful in group fights and the reason why it's called that way and certain people hate it - punishment for those looking for AP pinãtas.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many whinging threads does this set require?

eta: no, i don't use it. i don't own a single piece of it.
    Edited by Lylith on December 30, 2017 3:17AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    It isn't anything to do with reposte, its how shields work. Even though they don't take crit damage, they still register as crit hits - for good or ill. eg. A stam sorc with surge up critting against a shield user will trigger the crit-surge heal, just as the shield-user will trigger reposte.

I'm pretty sure zos introduced this set with full knowledge of that mechanic.

You cannot change it for one without impacting every other set/ability/mechanic that triggers off a crit. I'm sure nobody really wants that.

Im sure people here are not understanding what im saying...
    Critical DMG is completely different from Critical STRIKE

Power Surge:
    While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for [x] Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Wizard's Riposte Set:
    When you take Critical Damage, you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%

If u have shields up and u are not receiving the critical dmg it is not a crit dmg, it is just a crit strike, because the critical damage multiplier (shield) is 0 and something x 0 is 0 so THERE IS NO CRIT DMG. What im seeing here is a bunch of people trying to justify a exploit... this set is applying minor main whitout any cooldown for 15sec and without any kind of downside, minor maim is a strong debuff so u must to recive the crit dmg to proc it (the downside)... it is balancing ...

LOL, there is no exploit. They just need to change the word "damage" to "strike". Problem solved!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you do crit shields though?

Shields have infinite crit resist so you take no bonus dmg but you do crit them.

Hence why skills like power surge work on shields now.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    It isn't anything to do with reposte, its how shields work. Even though they don't take crit damage, they still register as crit hits - for good or ill. eg. A stam sorc with surge up critting against a shield user will trigger the crit-surge heal, just as the shield-user will trigger reposte.

I'm pretty sure zos introduced this set with full knowledge of that mechanic.

You cannot change it for one without impacting every other set/ability/mechanic that triggers off a crit. I'm sure nobody really wants that.

Im sure people here are not understanding what im saying...
    Critical DMG is completely different from Critical STRIKE

Power Surge:
    While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for [x] Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Wizard's Riposte Set:
    When you take Critical Damage, you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%

If u have shields up and u are not receiving the critical dmg it is not a crit dmg, it is just a crit strike, because the critical damage multiplier (shield) is 0 and something x 0 is 0 so THERE IS NO CRIT DMG. What im seeing here is a bunch of people trying to justify a exploit... this set is applying minor main whitout any cooldown for 15sec and without any kind of downside, minor maim is a strong debuff so u must to recive the crit dmg to proc it (the downside)... it is balancing ...

LOL, there is no exploit. They just need to change the word "damage" to "strike". Problem solved!

And where is the downside?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Shields have infinite crit resist so you take no bonus dmg but you do crit them.

Strike =! Dmg
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    how many whinging threads does this set require?

eta: no, i don't use it. i don't own a single piece of it.

I use it on my templar
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to remember, to receive a crit stike without crit dmg and procs maim without any cooldownd is wrong. Maim is very powerfull
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you do take crit damage. but its dealt with before taking health off you. happy now?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strike =! Dmg

Again you take damage but the bonus dmg is reduced to 0.

But you are still technically taking Crit dmg.

Hence why briarheart will proc on shields now.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Strike =! Dmg

Again you take damage but the bonus dmg is reduced to 0.

But you are still technically taking Crit dmg.

Hence why briarheart will proc on shields now.

"technically" omg. 0 is 0, 0 dmg is no dmg
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    LEL who cares

Tbh wizards is a wasted set on sorc IMO. Great now I get a sustain or dmg set and then lose min max value on either sustain or dmg. Because I could be running the best sustain set with a high damage set and survive off skill alone.

Back whenever pirate was rampant on flavor sorcs i’d always get asked if I had it on. Bsw lich vma inferno 1x infernal. And still mitigate like I’m in pirate. Ward rotation practice

Not the point.

Wizard's scales, shields do not. 1v1, shielding might be enough. But the more and more people focus on you, the faster your shields collapse. Two damage builds are already enough to force you into permashielding until your resources run out. With Wizard's, you can take that pressure a bit off.

Super useful in group fights and the reason why it's called that way and certain people hate it - punishment for those looking for AP pinãtas.

I also think stacking harness and hard ward is cheese AF. I run Wizards and do quite well open world for the reason above. Against X players it does remarkably well (whereas shields do not) and offers enough cushioning I can run just hard ward and free up a bar slot for something else.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    LEL who cares

Not the point.

I also think stacking harness and hard ward is cheese AF. I run Wizards and do quite well open world for the reason above. Against X players it does remarkably well (whereas shields do not) and offers enough cushioning I can run just hard ward and free up a bar slot for something else.
    Eh, shield stacking is needed to survive. Sorcs don't have HoTs or damage evasion to survive. Along with a very demanding burst combo, you need to get your defenses up proactively. Of course, some people do well with one shield, but they will always encounter trouble in certain situations.

Maybe one day shields get reworked completely and people shut up about stacking. But experience taught me they will find other sorc traits to complain about, it will never end.

For now, I am enjoying having access to Minor Maim on my sorc, my NB and DK have had the luxury for far longer.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on January 2, 2018 11:16PM