Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meta Sorc Gear

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    What I didn't test is if dots ticking would consume the empower from meteor or not.

They shouldn´t as no dots consume empower (only the initial hit of some qualifies).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    What I didn't test is if dots ticking would consume the empower from meteor or not.

They shouldn´t as no dots consume empower (only the initial hit of some qualifies).

As I suspected. I recall empower only working on direct damage attacks or something like that?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

As I suspected. I recall empower only working on direct damage attacks or something like that?

Well you can empower the first hit of most/some dots as they have a dd component aswell and i think for example jabs first hit aswell.
    <Noricum>

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, thanks for testing.
    C=
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    raasdal wrote: »
    There are actually lots of good gear combos for Sorcs, including those listed above. Something important you may not hear from others: DON'T be afraid to enchant your jewelry with stam/mag recovery or cost reduction instead of spell damage. For Sorcs, it is much more important to maximize max magicka than it is to stack spell damage.

This is am very familiar with. But i hardly see anyone running Necro anymore (no pets around). And cant really see other options, besides Destrucrion Mastery, to really go for amping max magicka? Guess shackle is not too bad for that though.

PLENTY of Sorcs are still running Necro, but they're doing one of two things:

1) 4 pc Necro + two (max mag) Monster pieces and Shackle Breaker or whatever 5 pc set they want

2) 5 pc Necro + 2 pc Shadowrend + 4 pc whatever (I use 4 pc Stendarr)

Option #2 is great because it gives you 50K magicka when Shadowrend procs, which is reliably often. Shadowrend ALSO debuffs your enemy with the same 15% damage reduction as Wizard's Riposte!

3) 5 Necro, 2 Shadowrend, 5 Lich.

This is the most optimised setup. Still, you have to worry about stamina recovery (serpent mundus) and Master Inferno is off-limits (can still use Pulse or unbuffed Reach).

This would require you to either only have Necro on front bar, which is not good for your backbar shields, OR you need to use SnB / DW on backbar for lich. How to overcone that? Difficult to fit both of you max magicka shields on frontbar?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Meteor can't be empowered. Mages Guild abilities grant empower, but don't consume it. I think that was changed when Magelight got its overhaul. But I haven't personally tested since quite some time, so if a stealth change happened, I wouldn't know.
    Have you tested it? And how?

For DW sorcs, empower is actually really important, you don't have a proper spammable, anyway. I would STILL recommend Entropy for the empower, however. You can always cast it from the back bar if you need a slot for Magelight or so on the front.

Skaffa posted a video on it like 1 month ago, but he took it down for some reason. It showed how meteor would consistently do more noncrit damage if left to land alone, and less if followed up by a whip before it lands.

I am 100% sure that meteor can empower itself, I just don't know if other abilities still empower it.

Yes, Meteor empowers itself. It is like that since early 2016 when I first complained about it in the forums... :smile:

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Meteor can't be empowered. Mages Guild abilities grant empower, but don't consume it. I think that was changed when Magelight got its overhaul. But I haven't personally tested since quite some time, so if a stealth change happened, I wouldn't know.

For DW sorcs, empower is actually really important, you don't have a proper spammable, anyway. I would STILL recommend Entropy for the empower, however. You can always cast it from the back bar if you need a slot for Magelight or so on the front.

Skaffa posted a video on it like 1 month ago, but he took it down for some reason. It showed how meteor would consistently do more noncrit damage if left to land alone, and less if followed up by a whip before it lands.

I am 100% sure that meteor can empower itself, I just don't know if other abilities still empower it.

I'm on vacation, so can't test myself right now...

You mentioned Whip, did he use Chains for empowerement? That could work, as it's no Mages Guild ability.

When I last tested it, Magelight wouldn't make it hit harder. But what do you mean by Met empowering itself? The empower lasts only for a few seconds, how would you throw a Meteor and then a second one in four... seconds?
    (o.0)?

Where you at? I am in Cancun for two weeks... no ESO, no hate whispers...

When last time we checked it (2016), Meteor empowered itself and without the guild passive it didn’t empower itself.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are actually lots of good gear combos for Sorcs, including those listed above. Something important you may not hear from others: DON'T be afraid to enchant your jewelry with stam/mag recovery or cost reduction instead of spell damage. For Sorcs, it is much more important to maximize max magicka than it is to stack spell damage.

This is am very familiar with. But i hardly see anyone running Necro anymore (no pets around). And cant really see other options, besides Destrucrion Mastery, to really go for amping max magicka? Guess shackle is not too bad for that though.

1) 4 pc Necro + two (max mag) Monster pieces and Shackle Breaker or whatever 5 pc set they want

Option #2 is great because it gives you 50K magicka when Shadowrend procs, which is reliably often. Shadowrend ALSO debuffs your enemy with the same 15% damage reduction as Wizard's Riposte!

This is the most optimised setup. Still, you have to worry about stamina recovery (serpent mundus) and Master Inferno is off-limits (can still use Pulse or unbuffed Reach).

This would require you to either only have Necro on front bar, which is not good for your backbar shields, OR you need to use SnB / DW on backbar for lich. How to overcone that? Difficult to fit both of you max magicka shields on frontbar?

You could put both shields on front if you wanted to. But Hardened, as the strongest of the three, is enough. Consider the Necro fifth piece a bonus, not a binding necessity.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm on vacation, so can't test myself right now...

You mentioned Whip, did he use Chains for empowerement? That could work, as it's no Mages Guild ability.

When I last tested it, Magelight wouldn't make it hit harder. But what do you mean by Met empowering itself? The empower lasts only for a few seconds, how would you throw a Meteor and then a second one in four... seconds?
    (o.0)?

Where you at? I am in Cancun for two weeks... no ESO, no hate whispers...

When last time we checked it (2016), Meteor empowered itself and without the guild passive it didn’t empower itself.

Berlin, with the family. So, no break from the hate whispers.
    xD
    Just kidding!

2016? Was that when Magelight was changed? Was last time I checked, I think. Time sure is fleeting...
    (o.0)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What´s the problem with fitting both on front?
    Ofc you can choose to run only 1 ofc.
    <Noricum>

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also feel that is the strongest magsorc build for solo play. You spam hardened ward the most and you have it on your front bar, so not a massive loss of shield stenght on your back bar. With that setup I put inner light on front bar and play without harness...

Lich gives you infinite magicka with tri pots...

The only problem that this setup has - master inferno that flame reach damage is just too nice... I would love to s&b lich on back bar, but healing with dark deal is feces and there is no other heal known to me that one can use to optimise it. Resto ult is also too good against shieldbreaker to throw it away...

P.S. I play now 2x shadowrend, 5x necro, 4x lich all recovery glyphs and inner light or ele drain main bar depending on what I am doing.

If I see a stamnb that runs shieldbreaker I use alpha gear to swap sets to 5xlight brass with 5x lich resto and 1x domihaus with no shield setup (oh the hate whispers)
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tk + Transmutation + axiom

(Axiom can really be anything)

But shields + TK + 2h backbar for FM + Boundless + streak = most mobility and very reliable health (Heath Regen sorc passive means TK gives insane Health Regen)

Essentially the build runs away, then runs back, then runs away again lol.

Very effective, no mind blowing damage, but easy to not die
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But shields + TK + 2h backbar for FM + Boundless + streak = most mobility and very reliable health (Heath Regen sorc passive means TK gives insane Health Regen)

By TK you mean that vMA set thag givez 950health regen when you have shield up? All PvP sorcs are vampires. Health regen is probably last thing you want to invest it, especially considering that my healing ward critted for 18k...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also feel that is the strongest magsorc build for solo play. You spam hardened ward the most and you have it on your front bar, so not a massive loss of shield stenght on your back bar. With that setup I put inner light on front bar and play without harness...

The only problem that this setup has - master inferno that flame reach damage is just too nice... I would love to s&b lich on back bar, but healing with dark deal is feces and there is no other heal known to me that one can use to optimise it. Resto ult is also too good against shieldbreaker to throw it away...

P.S. I play now 2x shadowrend, 5x necro, 4x lich all recovery glyphs and inner light or ele drain main bar depending on what I am doing.

If I see a stamnb that runs shieldbreaker I use alpha gear to swap sets to 5xlight brass with 5x lich resto and 1x domihaus with no shield setup (oh the hate whispers)

Shackle/lich/domi/master staff is the strongest imo. I get 41k max mag, 18.3k stam, 2.2k mag recovery without lich and 700 stam recovery, 3.1k spell dmg with enchant procced from backbar. I dislike shadowrend open world because the dinosaur does single target damage and runs around like a headless chicken, so it's basically only there to proc necro. A 2p and a 5p set "wasted" just for 3k mag? Nah I'll pass.

Alternatively you could always go shackle/bloodspawn/4 necro if you really wanna stack mag. You miss out on like 2k total mag but get bloodspawn and 100x better stam sustain than lich/necro. Stam sustain is key for sorc imo, cause of dark deal.

I am, however, nowhere near experienced enough to take my sorc builds for granted, I only played the class casually as an alt since like TG so take it with a grain of salt.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is some solid advice in this thread.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    grannas211 wrote: »
    I've been using @Irylia s build just modified for the master destro in place on one Domihaus. 5 Amber 5 Julianos master inferno. Random resto. Hits like a truck.

Julianos is non-optimal. What spell damage/max magicka are you hitting with that setup?

Spell damage is around 2550 or so unbuffed. Max magicka is around 42k

rofl.

and yet I am sitting at 3k spell damage buffed (ALWAYS UP) and 46k mag without a pet. Safe to say my setup is better

Doubt you could beat me using your set up vs mine
    And bastion is far from the most important cp option in the red tree.
    You can mitigate far more damage with ironclad/elem d/hardy/thick skin
    From one tam onwards I had 12% bastion and more into dmg mit. It makes you far tankier.
    Edited by Irylia on January 2, 2018 6:05PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    I've been using @Irylia s build just modified for the master destro in place on one Domihaus. 5 Amber 5 Julianos master inferno. Random resto. Hits like a truck.

Julianos is non-optimal. What spell damage/max magicka are you hitting with that setup?

rofl.

and yet I am sitting at 3k spell damage buffed (ALWAYS UP) and 46k mag without a pet. Safe to say my setup is better

From one tam onwards I had 12% bastion and more into dmg mit. It makes you far tankier.

And what would that be?
    =3

By the way, consider that shields work against magicka and stamina attacks. 72 point into Bastion for 23% more shields against everything is beefier than 36 points into each mitigation star for... about 12%?
    Wouldn't you agree?
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Hotr/Morrowind build I used was shackle necro (lich) 1x monster (infernal and now domi)
    With the introduction of master inferno slot that over vma.
    Witchmothers or citrus gold food if you are rich.
    well fitted on the small pieces and I run purge on overload or back bar depending on how I want to set bars.

Need lich with the changes to sustain. This build is probably all around solid for most game play but imo it still lacks damage from what I used to be able to do with bsw in one tam to homestead.

Not to mention most of your skills miss/blocked/rolled/healed especially in 1vx that you have to get some cheeky kills by optimizing dodge roll/los and your ult.

Sorc has been less enjoyable with the constant increase in pug use of snares with every other skill. You are constantly slowed or rooted and streak leaves something to be desired.

I prefer my sorc in bg/group play/duels currently and then stamden for small group or solo.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rofl.

And what would that be?
    =3

By the way, consider that shields work against magicka and stamina attacks. 72 point into Bastion for 23% more shields against everything is beefier than 36 points into each mitigation star for... about 12%?
    Wouldn't you agree?

No.
    Ironclad is now an option and a change in 5% on bastion is minimal to the point of obsolete. You are going to recast a ward before it is diminished anyways so that extra 200-800 ward is pointless. Even a 3k ward will be replaced in most scenarios. Meanwhile dmg mit works when shields are on or off and can save you if you happen to be stunned into a nasty combo.
    People get lazy with wards and they can easily be worked around.
    Edited by Irylia on January 2, 2018 6:16PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Hotr/Morrowind build I used was shackle necro (lich) 1x monster (infernal and now domi)
    With the introduction of master inferno slot that over vma.
    Witchmothers or citrus gold food if you are rich.
    well fitted on the small pieces and I run purge on overload or back bar depending on how I want to set bars.

Need lich with the changes to sustain. This build is probably all around solid for most game play but imo it still lacks damage from what I used to be able to do with bsw in one tam to homestead.

Not to mention most of your skills miss/blocked/rolled/healed especially in 1vx that you have to get some cheeky kills by optimizing dodge roll/los and your ult.

Sorc has been less enjoyable with the constant increase in pug use of snares with every other skill. You are constantly slowed or rooted and streak leaves something to be desired.

I prefer my sorc in bg/group play/duels currently and then stamden for small group or solo.

Imo, with shackle/lich/domi you'd be better off with tri food than witchmothers. With 2 spell dmg enchants I get to 2.2k recovery without lich which is more than enough for it to need witchmothers.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aha. Interesting insights.

I wholeheartedly agree with the snares, they're absolutely rampant.

You had a sharpened BSW inferno? I hate you.
    (>.<)
    Have farmed that dungeon for real-time days. Plenty of restos, but no destro. RNG, working as intended...
    (-.-)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By TK you mean that vMA set thag givez 950health regen when you have shield up? All PvP sorcs are vampires. Health regen is probably last thing you want to invest it, especially considering that my healing ward critted for 18k...

Why would I be a vampire?

Undeath does nothing as I won't be in Execute range.
    Already have Snare removal with FM
    Regen is already 2k
    Already have a better hard CC
    Already have expedition

Troll King gives me... 2k health Regen on top of the 700ish giving me approximately 1.5k health per sec unaffected by Defile.

I go 15-1 in BGs, leaderboard in all 3 game modes. I haven't had a build perform as well as this build
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regen is already 2k
    Already have expedition

Troll King gives me... 2k health Regen on top of the 700ish giving me approximately 1.5k health per sec unaffected by Defile.

I go 15-1 in BGs, leaderboard in all 3 game modes. I haven't had a build perform as well as this build

Exactly my reasoning for dropping vamp on everything but my 30k hp 5k wep dmg heavy magblade, which actually benefits from undeath. Anything under 25k is not worth the extra fire damage imo, and it's a LOT of fire damage.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regen is already 2k
    Already have expedition

Exactly my reasoning for dropping vamp on everything but my 30k hp 5k wep dmg heavy magblade, which actually benefits from undeath. Anything under 25k is not worth the extra fire damage imo, and it's a LOT of fire damage.

Also, because I'm not running resto I have to have a healing set, TK fits perfectly as it's triggers by FM (same about Transmutation) which really eliminates the possibility of being a vampire.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regen is already 2k
    Already have expedition

Also, because I'm not running resto I have to have a healing set, TK fits perfectly as it's triggers by FM (same about Transmutation) which really eliminates the possibility of being a vampire.

I assume you're running light in that case? Heavy magblade with TK and vamp is godly, you can reach enough hp to abuse undeath + heal Ward + high resists too. Too bad I cba to grind BSW destro hahahaha.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shackle/lich/domi/master staff is the strongest imo. I get 41k max mag, 18.3k stam, 2.2k mag recovery without lich and 700 stam recovery, 3.1k spell dmg with enchant procced from backbar. I dislike shadowrend open world because the dinosaur does single target damage and runs around like a headless chicken, so it's basically only there to proc necro. A 2p and a 5p set "wasted" just for 3k mag? Nah I'll pass.

Alternatively you could always go shackle/bloodspawn/4 necro if you really wanna stack mag. You miss out on like 2k total mag but get bloodspawn and 100x better stam sustain than lich/necro. Stam sustain is key for sorc imo, cause of dark deal.

I am, however, nowhere near experienced enough to take my sorc builds for granted, I only played the class casually as an alt since like TG so take it with a grain of salt.

41k magicka vs 48k magicka of mine and 2600 mag recovery with 16.5k stam and 2500 spell damage fully proced... shadowrend is there to proc necro and it has +90% uptime with minor maim procing on the person that you heavy attack... I think you would struggle to beat it 1x1...

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

41k magicka vs 48k magicka of mine and 2600 mag recovery with 16.5k stam and 2500 spell damage fully proced... shadowrend is there to proc necro and it has +90% uptime with minor maim procing on the person that you heavy attack... I think you would struggle to beat it 1x1...

I'm not talking about 1v1. Of course pet sorc would win 1v1, shadowrend is suboptimal 1vX however. I also have 600 more spell damage which is about 6000 max mag worth of damage. I also have 2k more stam which is vital open world. I also have a lot more bar space because let's be real, you either run a mag mundus or magelight.

Your build might be good, but it's funny cause sorc has a lot of viable builds this patch. Your build is nowhere near good enough to be BiS, at best it's as good as the others 1v1 while underperforming relative to the others 1vX.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regen is already 2k
    Already have expedition

:smiley: I can accept troll king just on magsorc only to counter shieldbreaker, but you are on console and can’t swap setups with one button, so whatever works for you, buddy.

For magsorc key is sustain. Undeath is a great passive and it saved my life millions of times.

X - doubt that BG performance can be a good measurement of how good the build is :smile:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regen is already 2k
    Already have expedition

:smiley: I can accept troll king just on magsorc only to counter shieldbreaker, but you are on console and can’t swap setups with one button, so whatever works for you, buddy.

For magsorc key is sustain. Undeath is a great passive and it saved my life millions of times.

X - doubt that BG performance can be a good measurement of how good the build is :smile:

What platform are you on?

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha. Interesting insights.

I wholeheartedly agree with the snares, they're absolutely rampant.

You had a sharpened BSW inferno? I hate you.
    (>.<)
    Have farmed that dungeon for real-time days. Plenty of restos, but no destro. RNG, working as intended...
    (-.-)

I used sharp vma inferno 5x lich and bsw with 1x infernal
    Highest damage and more than enough sustain
    Ran that for 6 or so months

Build isn’t an indicator on whether you will Be hard to kill or not.
    Timing and outplaying with a timely stun combo after feeling for your playstyle. How often do you ward, do you ward after specific rotations consistently or are you warding too much/little. Find the pattern then break it down.
    Sorc v sorc with no harness are some of the most enjoyable duels