Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Crafting Bag Without ESO Plus

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergg007 wrote: »
    i have banker and it is full, i have few alts too and it is not save me from shi*ty management. I want to play and not dig into my inventory.

you can. you pay like the rest of us. Its a pretty stupid idea to take a big drawcard away from ESO+. then many people will stop paying for ESO+. So you want the game to lose revenue
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Crafting bag. Mainly because I can not help myself from looting every barrel, crate, bag, backpack, etc. If I did not have that problem I would not need ESO+ and the crafting Bag LOL.
    Plus ESO+ helps support the game.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have banker and it is full...

No the banker can't get full.

The bank can get full.

What you need to do is treat your bank as just a means of passing stuff between alts. Leave nothing in there - with the possible exception of materials for crafting writs and some soul gems and lockpicks.

Have an alt dedicated to storing style materials, blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking. Makes sense if this character is also your crafter for these.

Have an alt dedicated to storing food. Make them your chef.

Have an alt dedicated to storing alchemy and enchanting. Alchemist and enchanter.

Addons like bank manager revived can instantly and automatically suck the right materials into and out of your bank. So when your bank gets full you just need to log in each of these characters and quickly suck all of their materials out. It is quick. They can summon the banker NPC (if you own it) anywhere and instantly withdraw what they need to.

True this isn't as convenient as the crafting bag. But it's WAAAAAAAAAY better than doing it all manually. Try it even without owning the banker NPC. You might be surprised by how much more enjoyable the game is.

The main usefulness of the banker is to remove the need for you to return to a town all the time to empty yourself into the bank. You can leave them out and empty yourself as needed. If you own the merchant as well then that also helps. That said, once your personal inventory is up towards the 200 slots mark these NPCs become less vital. You can play for a decent amount of time before needing to return to town to sell / deconstruct / empty. But I still think they're worth having and are ultimately much cheaper than ESO plus especially if you buy them with discounted crowns.
    ...i have few alts too and it is not save me from shi*ty management. I want to play and not dig into my inventory.

Truly I understand and sympathise. The first time I cancelled my subscription it was precisely because I did not enjoy spending 20 minutes every day shuffling stuff around between alts at the bank. It was insane.

But I speak truly. Addons like bank manager revived and mail auto-looters (for crafting materials) can massively reduce the tedium. They're free and easy to use.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A limited craft bag would hurt very little, make it like only have 100 slots or something, ESO+ unlimited craft bag will still be in high demand but throw a bone to their supporters in other ways.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nerouyn I don't think the kind of person who wants the convenience of a craft bag is the kind of person who wants to inconvenience themselves by splitting their crafts between several different characters. :wink: Especially if they play on console and can't use the add-ons. Not saying your methods don't work, but ugh... Just reading it made me feel tired.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    A limited craft bag would hurt very little, make it like only have 100 slots or something, ESO+ unlimited craft bag will still be in high demand but throw a bone to their supporters in other ways.

I sub to support the game and also to have the crafting bag and other perks. I only unsubbed for a while on XB when I experienced consistent issues with missing crowns and loss of ESO+ perks. I re-subbed before Homestead and so far I've had no issues with ESO+.

I think a limited craft bag could work, but it's possible that it would lead to some players unsubbing. So, if they were to do it, the bag would have to be limited and inconvenient in some respects. I'd even suggest having separate bags, so one for alchemy, one for enchanting, etc. These would be limited in capacity, take up a bank/inventory slot, and you'd have to manually put in/retrieve items. Basically, they would just be extra storage specifically for a certain craft without the convenience of the plus crafting bag.

We'll have to see what the new housing storage provides. I'm guessing it'll be special containers you have to purchase/craft and would be limited, local storage. Maybe it would even just be for weapons/armor. But, anything would help.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    @Nerouyn I don't think the kind of person who wants the convenience of a craft bag is the kind of person who wants to inconvenience themselves by splitting their crafts between several different characters. :wink:

Enchanting, provisioning and alchemy are crafts typically levelled by all characters anyway. Equipment crafting and styles on the character holding those materials makes sense and isn't difficult.
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Especially if they play on console and can't use the add-ons. Not saying your methods don't work, but ugh... Just reading it made me feel tired.

Just reading about logging in 3 alts for 10 seconds each once every couple of hours makes you feel tired?
    Edited by Nerouyn on January 4, 2018 11:52PM
  • Madshady
    Madshady
    I ended up getting ESO plus just for the crafting bag. Course the included 1500 crowns is a nice addition as well.
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding my 2 cents on the subject:

I've been off ESO since august 2016 (the day I learn there was lockboxes added to the game).
    After nearly 2 years, I've decided to make a quick come back to see what's what.
    I'm looking for something to make me stick with the game again. I love crafting and farming for it, I've always loved it in ESO more than in other games and I very often lose myself while questing because I can't help but gather things.

After just a couple hours all I see is that there's more things to get than before, my bags are fully upgraded but already full, which means I can't farm anymore aka I don't enjoy the game as much as I could.

The only solution? Get ESO+?
    No way.

I'll gladly make a one time payment to get the crafting bag, hoping that it's not too expensive. If getting the crafting bag is as much money as a 6 month sub without all the other benefits then of course I won't be interested...

If I get this bag, I'll start playing more, and in the way I'll surely buy the DLCs that I haven't done yet.
    I'm talking about spending money into the game (I had all the fist DLCs in their limited edition before I stopped playing and even spent more).

Why not getting ESO+ again? Because my life changed, I'm a father now and my family is my top priority, which means I don't play regularly, not every day, not for hours, etc... Fully enjoying a DLC would require more than a month.
    Being sub makes me feel like the OP and I don't enjoy that feeling.

When the game went buy-to-play ZOS told us that people preferred DLCs now instead of subs, only to pay for what they wanted, to enjoy only when they play, but not to keep on paying even when they don't play.
    Well, that's not what ESO offers with this bag. I don't mind anymore about the rest, but the bag is the only thing that would make me sub, but that's not enough and that won't happen.

I'll likely stop playing again just because of that, because I see one more bad decision in a game I use to love. Are we not enough to feel this way? The rest just accept and pay while being frustrated?

Another solution, add at least 100 more places in our bags/banks to make up for that, add it to the crown store if you want us to pay. But give us something. Please :smile:
    Edited by Arezius on February 20, 2018 11:36AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arezius wrote: »

Why not getting ESO+ again? Because my life changed

thats all well and good. but you need to understand your life within the game also needs to change. You cant keep all the goodies that subscribers get unless you also subscribe. Dont, or cant? then dont expect the same goodies.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I

I've been off ESO since august 2016 (the day I learn there was lockboxes added to the game).
    After nearly 2 years, I've decided to make a quick come back to see what's what.
    I'm looking for something to make me stick with the game again. I love crafting and farming for it, I've always loved it in ESO more than in other games and I very often lose myself while questing because I can't help but gather things.

After just a couple hours all I see is that there's more things to get than before, my bags are fully upgraded but already full, which means I can't farm anymore aka I don't enjoy the game as much as I could.

No way.

I'll gladly make a one time payment to get the crafting bag, hoping that it's not too expensive. If getting the crafting bag is as much money as a 6 month sub without all the other benefits then of course I won't be interested...

If I get this bag, I'll start playing more, and in the way I'll surely buy the DLCs that I haven't done yet.
    I'm talking about spending money into the game (I had all the fist DLCs in their limited edition before I stopped playing and even spent more).

Why not getting ESO+ again? Because my life changed, I'm a father now and my family is my top priority, which means I don't play regularly, not every day, not for hours, etc... Fully enjoying a DLC would require more than a month.

When the game went buy-to-play ZOS told us that people preferred DLCs now instead of subs, only to pay for what they wanted, to enjoy only when they play, but not to keep on paying even when they don't play.
    Well, that's not what ESO offers with this bag. I don't mind anymore about the rest, but the bag is the only thing that would make me sub, but that's not enough and that won't happen.

I'll likely stop playing again just because of that, because I see one more bad decision in a game I use to love. Are we not enough to feel this way? The rest just accept and pay while being frustrated?

Another solution, add at least 100 more places in our bags/banks to make up for that, add it to the crown store if you want us to pay. But give us something. Please :smile:

I hear ya and I am fortunate that I can afford the sub. Though I don't think zos will improve the system for non sub players. Making it buy to play is just to get people Into the game. ESO is beautifully crafted game. I hope your situation improves.
    PC-NA
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

Why not getting ESO+ again? Because my life changed

thats all well and good. but you need to understand your life within the game also needs to change. You cant keep all the goodies that subscribers get unless you also subscribe. Dont, or cant? then dont expect the same goodies.

I agree with your first sentence, my way of playing means that I'm no longer in any big trading guild making all the gold I was doing before, I'm not making all the dungeons and challenges like before, no longer doing big pvp, etc... And of course there's no problem with that, it's a personnal choice.

About the second part. In the end the problem is because ESO is both Pay-to-play and also works with a sub. There's most of it that you can get by paying only for what you want (again, I am not against paying at all), but there's just this one important thing only for subscribers.

The thing is, if being sub was giving more than that, then I'll sub and play my way, I could afford it if I had enough benefit. But here the problem is that there's only one thing for me with that and I don't want to be subbed just for this alone. And I'm ready to bet that a lot of people are like me (or I'll admit that I'm wrong if there's evidence of it :) ).

You can even buy a banquer and a merchant the same way I'd prefer to get the craft bag, but you don't get them with ESO+
    I don't know. Maybe I'm trying to be too logical here.
    Edited by Arezius on February 26, 2018 2:53PM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you OP, that way me and the many many players who now mainly sub for the bag can all drop our subs permanently, but don't throw fits when Zos starts charging crazy prices for any and all things to make up for the lost revenue!

Not saying it's the only reason, but for a high level player like myself it is now the main reason as the other perks have no real impact on my gaming session.

I'd drop my sub in a heartbeat. Permanently.
    Edited by Sevn on February 24, 2018 6:03PM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to sub to wow. Wow is a sub only game and your sub is for access to their servers..nothing more.

ESO offers both a buy to play and sub to play to players. The incentive of 1500 crowns per month and the craft bag is the reason I sub.

And my sub money goes into their coffers so they can continue to develop new content.
  • GutzLioncourt
    GutzLioncourt
    Soul Shriven
    The crafting bag as well as costume dying and bank extensions all should have an ESO Plus version and non ESO Plus version.

Year 1-2 I spent $200-$300 Per year on this game.
    This year I spent $69.....

It’s that simple.
    In terms of the differences between the two, ZOS can decide but it shouldn’t be much difference if it’s a paid unlock.

While people will argue that if they do this subs will go down.....I don’t think those people comprehend $0 is $0.
    Consider some, a lot, all, few.....won’t subscribe or have and won’t do so again. Also consider in the argument that IF the only reason some, few, others are active subscribers is due to a crafting bag.....that model isn’t sustainable for everyone.

More folks do not craft than those who do. More folks don’t loot materials for the crafting bag than those who do.

There is a significant revenue opportunity as most would assume a crafting bag would cost 5,000 crowns or so. The costume dye unlock would be another 5,000 crowns or so and the bank would be another 5,000 crowns or so.

One example is ESo Plus in Xbox one cannot be purchased using a gift card or Xbox balance but crowns can.

Another is the mindset that applies where a customer who is subscribing won’t also buy crowns...this doesn’t apply to everyone but it’s a real mindset......so this can help and hurt revenue depending. As is the set up excludes potential customers intentionally.....and my argument has been, you’re missing out on more money rather than trying to prevent loosing money in this model.

To suggest that non subscribers shouldn’t have the opportunity to buy these features seems off if the real argument is about revenue.

I think that’s not the argument, I think it’s a I want my ESO Plus to be a “special thing that makes me better than others” or a badge to say “I’m special cause I support this game by subscribing”.

In the end, there are other much more reasonable features that eso Plus can offer IN addition to these. You shouldn’t have to subscribe for these but it should be an option just like DLC. The subscription value differs for each person, but if someone feels they would accumulate crowns and not subscribe anymore.....you’re missing the model. The crown store and crown exclusive, limited items, crown crates and crown cosmetic or shortcut offerings are there as well.

Many non subscribers who want to be able to buy a crafting bag, etc spend the same or more so it’s not about revenue. It’s something else....

I was a subscriber for 2 years and stopped on PC and Xbox one because these aren’t worth a subscription to me. If you let me buy it, fine but I don’t want to subscribe anymore for a number of reasons but I keep a min crown balance of 10-15k. Now that’s dropping because why buy crowns if the features are excluded to a subscription.

This is a loss of revenue stream by design...

The ESO Plus exclusive offerings for quality of Life features should not be exclusive as the original announcement was eso Plus was but one way to play but customers could also buy to play.

That’s the context that’s out of whack here.

• GutzLioncourt
    GutzLioncourt
    Soul Shriven
    Been subbed since release. Still can't buy craft bag!? REALLY.... And thank you for this post. Just un-subbed.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Plus cost $15 a month. You get 1500 crowns a month. Honestly, you are just committing to buying those crowns and getting everything else for free. This also means if you dont play for a year, all those rooms just collect. You can spend them when you come back. So really the only money down the drain is if you quiet permanently without cancelling Plus.
    I'll happily pay to keep a game I love in business and improving, even if they are painfully slow to fix bugs. Going to miss my 15 second Bird of Prey, that wasnt just a tool tip error. The buff actually lasted 15 seconds too after the Deceptive Predator buff.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting bag as well as costume dying and bank extensions all should have an ESO Plus version and non ESO Plus version.

Year 1-2 I spent $200-$300 Per year on this game.
    This year I spent $69.....

It’s that simple.
    In terms of the differences between the two, ZOS can decide but it shouldn’t be much difference if it’s a paid unlock.

While people will argue that if they do this subs will go down.....I don’t think those people comprehend $0 is $0.
    Consider some, a lot, all, few.....won’t subscribe or have and won’t do so again. Also consider in the argument that IF the only reason some, few, others are active subscribers is due to a crafting bag.....that model isn’t sustainable for everyone.

More folks do not craft than those who do. More folks don’t loot materials for the crafting bag than those who do.

There is a significant revenue opportunity as most would assume a crafting bag would cost 5,000 crowns or so. The costume dye unlock would be another 5,000 crowns or so and the bank would be another 5,000 crowns or so.

One example is ESo Plus in Xbox one cannot be purchased using a gift card or Xbox balance but crowns can.

Another is the mindset that applies where a customer who is subscribing won’t also buy crowns...this doesn’t apply to everyone but it’s a real mindset......so this can help and hurt revenue depending. As is the set up excludes potential customers intentionally.....and my argument has been, you’re missing out on more money rather than trying to prevent loosing money in this model.

To suggest that non subscribers shouldn’t have the opportunity to buy these features seems off if the real argument is about revenue.

I think that’s not the argument, I think it’s a I want my ESO Plus to be a “special thing that makes me better than others” or a badge to say “I’m special cause I support this game by subscribing”.

In the end, there are other much more reasonable features that eso Plus can offer IN addition to these. You shouldn’t have to subscribe for these but it should be an option just like DLC. The subscription value differs for each person, but if someone feels they would accumulate crowns and not subscribe anymore.....you’re missing the model. The crown store and crown exclusive, limited items, crown crates and crown cosmetic or shortcut offerings are there as well.

Many non subscribers who want to be able to buy a crafting bag, etc spend the same or more so it’s not about revenue. It’s something else....

I was a subscriber for 2 years and stopped on PC and Xbox one because these aren’t worth a subscription to me. If you let me buy it, fine but I don’t want to subscribe anymore for a number of reasons but I keep a min crown balance of 10-15k. Now that’s dropping because why buy crowns if the features are excluded to a subscription.

This is a loss of revenue stream by design...

The ESO Plus exclusive offerings for quality of Life features should not be exclusive as the original announcement was eso Plus was but one way to play but customers could also buy to play.

That’s the context that’s out of whack here.

Its not an I have it you don't mentality. I pay 15 bucks a month what do you propose to give those subs as a benefit? No matter what it is non subs will complain about not having it. And seeing how crowns have less value the bag is the only real thing that keeps me subbed. So what do you offer as a substitute?

I can honestly say if I could purchase the bag I would unsub in a heartbeat. You have to keep that steady income somehow. Again it wouldn't matter what they offered because some people will inevitably complain that whatever it is should be a direct purchase. See crown crate items.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    I actually just cancelled ESO+ and I must say that giving up the bag was a very difficult choice which will probably result in my totally quitting the game, which is sad.

However, I am not happy with the direction of the game, so I had to vote with my wallet.

Gold sets changed, requiring more grinding...
    Bind on Pickup Sets...
    Transmutation only for yourself...
    Removing diversity by making X work just like Y...
    Crate RNG...
    etc...

It's like they purposely look for ways to take joy out of the game.

I also do not really enjoy playing without the crafting bag. There are just too many mats. I also do not consider this game worth paying $156 annually, so there is no way I would consider an ongoing sub.

I haven't played since the month Clockwork arrived. I plan on buying the next expansion and subbing for one month when the next non-dungeon DLC is released. I'll use that month to finish Clockwork City, play through the expansion, and play through the other DLC. When the sub ends and I lose my crafting bags and the extra bank space (my bank is waaaay over max at the moment), I'll take a break for another 11 months.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been subbed since release. Still can't buy craft bag!? REALLY.... And thank you for this post. Just un-subbed.

a46b15d0fdb4bb92a7b03829795e53c4.jpg?67ef12&67ef12

'splain that again, please?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No way.

So by your own admission selling you a craft nag would be a loss to ZOS. I get inventory management sucks, ans I personally don't care if you get a bag or not. What I'm saying is what do the monthly sub people get if they offer you a bag? What's my incentive to stay subbed? 10% bonuses? Nope got gold, master crafter and cp900. 1500 crowns? Nope not enough to buy much anymore unless I save em. So what do you propose to offer subs to stay subbed?
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus ESO+ helps support the game.

Yet the servers are still crap
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pay $15 a month for:

Free access to all DLCs
    1500 crowns a month
    Unlimited crafting bag
    Double home inventory
    Dying polymorphs
    Double bank space
    Double transmutation gems
    10% bonus progression.

It just doesn't get better than that for a good deal.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I pay $15 a month for:

Free access to all DLCs
    1500 crowns a month
    Unlimited crafting bag
    Double home inventory
    Dying polymorphs Dying Costumes
    Double bank space
    Double transmutation gems - uh, thought everyone got 200.
    10% bonus progression.

I mean you could want to die in a polymorph, but really... ;)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 5, 2018 9:44PM
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    So by your own admission selling you a craft nag would be a loss to ZOS. I get inventory management sucks, ans I personally don't care if you get a bag or not. What I'm saying is what do the monthly sub people get if they offer you a bag? What's my incentive to stay subbed? 10% bonuses? Nope got gold, master crafter and cp900. 1500 crowns? Nope not enough to buy much anymore unless I save em. So what do you propose to offer subs to stay subbed?

Path of Exile, that's the only thing that people should look, 100% Free to play game (not a Freemium), you can buy every perks, it's not locked behind a sub. And it seems to work, no?
    Or (again), have a game that is sub only, but you get the whole thing by being sub.

To answer your question:
    I'm not a game developer but I'll try some things, both already in the game (and interesting) and new :

- 20% Bonus exp (it only makes things a bit faster, but you still earn exp without ESO+ and I feel the game is not a grind right now, it's well balanced without ESO+, as it should). 20% Bonus for crafting and money as well.
    - 1500 Crowns is great, that way you have the possibility to buy some things from the Crown Store without paying more. This is the best thing with ESO+ really. But yes, ZOS should stop making things more expensive every weeks...
    - More bank slot is ok as well, you still have a bank without the sub, you only get more, not the whole thing.
    - More crafting items when you have the perks to get it every 24/12 hours (same thing as above, it makes things easier for those with less time to play but more money without deleting something for non-sub).
    - Access to every zones, quests, crafting stations, battlegrounds, etc... the WHOLE content. These things should still be available for a one time purchase only for non-sub. I'm ok with DLC, content needs work and work needs to be paid, of course!
    - 10% better quality loot, on top of and working the same way as the champion points perk.
    - And of course crafting bags that you get for free with ESO+
    - And the other perks for being sub.

Sincerely, I wouldn't offer more right now, even if there may be other good ideas to add to ESO+. My Point is, make the experience available for everyone, and for money of course, but not behind a sub.
    If ZOS release more content, then I'll have to buy again to get it and that's perfect. If I don't buy the new content then I'm stuck and that's fine.
    You can still spend 200+ hours into Skyrim without paying a sub or a single cent more, but if they'll release a new DLC then of course we should pay to get it, because it would require development time/work/money.
    In ESO, the cash shop should be enough to pay for servers and maintenance.

What would happen if they add the craft bag into the crown store? Everybody will get it for free? NO, everybody would buy it and ZOS would earn a ton of money. I don't understand why some people argue against that or say that we don't want to spend a single cent, or that we want everything for free, etc... That's NOT what we're saying.

It's a game, we should get things because we want to, not because we have to. Because the things they add into the game is great, not because our characters would look bad or useless without.
    I want to buy mounts, not lockboxes. I want to buy the craft bags, not pay a monthly fee.
    Edited by Arezius on March 29, 2018 9:50AM
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned it, and I'm sorry for not noticing it sooner (I was not playing much lately, the inventory wasn't helping). I've just discovered the Home Storage Chest...
    My "house" will finally have some use, and in a way, this is something I was looking for, a place to store my gear mainly, gear for my alts and future alts, and I can use my bank for crafting mats with all my characters.
    I still miss the Crafting bags but managing my inventory is what the game has been about since the start so I'm not complaining.

I'd still buy the crafting bags if it was added to the store, but in the meantime I can go play some more and hopefully enjoy the game a bit more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as some people spend on Crown Items, i.e. the Whales, that income stream is not consistent. Subscriptions are consistent. It is in ZOS's interest to have as many people subscribe as possible for lots of good reasons. The Crafting bag is a huge perk to subscribers. For that reason alone, you will never get the Crafting bag without a sub.

But.....

During events like the one coming up where you get to try out ESO Plus, you get a crafting bag and as such, all your mats are put in there. The bag does remain even after the event is over, you just can't add more stuff to it. And, any new stuff you get goes into your inventory. But, you can offload a ton of mats you don't use all that often during this event. These events come around from time to time too.

So, you can sort of get a Crafting Bag for free. Not fully functional but for sure an inventory space saver.

Edited by Nestor on April 25, 2018 6:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pay $15 a month for:

Free access to all DLCs
    1500 crowns a month
    Unlimited crafting bag
    Double home inventory
    Dying polymorphs Dying Costumes
    Double bank space
    Double transmutation gems - uh, thought everyone got 200.
    10% bonus progression.

I mean you could want to die in a polymorph, but really... ;)

Non-subs can only have 100 transmutation crystals
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a novel idea but if they offer the crafting bag for sale in the crown store permanently without having to subscribe, then many people will stop subscribing and I think that steady $15 a month from players is significant. I'd be on the fence weather or not too keep my subscription or just buy the crafting bag outright.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    It'd be nice but it's not going to happen. The craft bag is the whole gimmick.

And that....is the problem.

Crafting in this game is too much of an inventory hog. We need tons and tons of materials, that only stack to 200 in the normal bag or bank. This just does not work without ESOplus.

They NEED to make this available to everyone, however they do that, especially with adding another crafting profession with a boatload of new materials to hoard.

This isn't even up for debate. Everyone agrees we need the craft bag because the answer is always "that's the main/only reason to subscribe".
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 26, 2018 1:42AM