The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What classes are true 'bombers'?

blumac81
blumac81
This question has come up in my guild as I informed my guildmaster of my role as mag sorc and mag warden bombers.... he claims that mag sorc is limited in effectiveness as bombers and mag wardens are support and not dps. I disagree since wardens have perma and can back bar destro along with some nice mag abilities to be a great destro. He says the mag nightblade is the only true bomber. Honestly I have not yet learned the mag blade so haven't seen what kinda dps they can do on my own. What do you guys think?
PC (NA) ~ @blumac81 ~ CP 696

~ Katilyn Macando 50 Altmer Sorcerer (DC PvP Vivec/ PvE / Master Crafter) ~
~ Ra'Mazzik Macando 50 Khajit DragonKnight (DC PvE Tank / PvP BG'er) ~
~ Junie Cakes Macando 50 Orc Warden (DC PvE Healer / PvP BG'er) ~
~ Mastigia 50 Dunmer Nightblade (EP PvE Master Thief / PvP Gankblade) ~
~ Licks-All-Wounds 50 Argonian Templar (AD PvE/PvP Healer) ~

GUILDS: (LF Guilds)
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag nb deals the most damage on its destro ults and has Sap Essence to spam inside of it.

But all magicka classes have their own advantages and can function as bombers. Mag sorc has Endless Fury to kill and proc VD. Mag warden has shalk for extra aoe burst. Find your tools and use them.

Your GM sounds bad and narrow minded, sorry.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would say nbs and sorcs mainly, sorcs with lightning for implosion procs/execute and nbs for the raw dps with fire damage. Dks could potentially get a good fire destro goin with dunmer etc but not sure, mag wardens dps output is just not good enough to compete with sorc and nb for now and temps dont really have the passives to get a destro as strong as the others
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen effective group DPS builds theorycrafted for every class, but it is the prerogative of your guild/group leader. They should have a plan and may require specific classes and builds to execute it.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's be serious for a minute. Magblade is BIS bomber in raids. Enough with the play-the-way-you-want posts lol.
    EU | PC
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is considered the best group bomber for two reasons:
    1) Sap Essence being their spammable is the BiS aoe spammable for it's low cost, largest range and the fact it saves the player a slot for major sorcery.
    2) Their ability to generate ultimate is the best in game (assuming they really do massive damage) thanks to both their passives and Soul Harvest's passive effect. Warden can generate the most ult on lesser fights but if your group wants to be right in the middle of the battlefield, magblades do it best.

I personally think you should play whatever you enjoy, but if you or your guild aim for BiS bomber, it is the magblade.
    Still, it depends on group playstyle and the situation. Sometimes magblade bombers would be less successful than others.
    If you know how to play the class you play like a boss, you'll do amazing damage and prove effective no matter what you play.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK's are also pretty good bombers as far as pure damage goes they can give NB's a run for their money. but, they don't have the mobility NB's do.
    Invictus
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So while magblade may be the simplest, I have seen mag dk and Stam warden out DPS nbs over long periods in group fights. All about player skill and figuring out how to make it work.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "bomber," magnb destro/soul tether bomber is definitely the best. (crit, stealth positioning, strong class AoE, minor savagery, fear, etc)

Magsorc just doesn't have AoE as part of the class, but they handle the skirmishes between two raid groups pretty well at range imo. A guild raid with more than 1/4 magsorcs is probably gimping itself far more than necessary. Negates are strong, but they don't kill raids on their own.

Stam/mag wardens from what I've seen provide decent cone burst dps and permafrost acts as a very effective supplement to destro bombs from other players, but they lack that sustained lethal AoE damage that a magnb can get with destro.

I can't really comment too well about the bomb potential of the remaining classes, but they are surely limited by at least mobility issues. With lack of mobility you need to build tankier, and that leads to less damage.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good information in this thread.

There are lots of things that go into making a good bomber, and have others have said, Magblades win out when you combine all of those.

MagDKs can be decent bombers, with more potential damage output from Eye of the Flame than Magblades. But Magblades still win out because of their unparalleled ultimate generation.

Sorc bombs aren't ineffective, but in group play, you more likely should be using your ultimate for Negate, and then using Mage's Wrath to execute from distance.

As for Wardens, why would you want to run a Destro ult when you have Permafrost? It's about as strong as Eye of Frost, but with that beautiful stun.

If you're running in a group that uses bombs for its kills, then it's tempting to want to bomb with whatever character you have. But the work that goes into supporting an effective bomb is just as important. You have to think of yourself as part of the offensive line that makes that touchdown possible.

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For large scale PVP there is 0 reason to run any non-NB damage from a math standpoint. Some groups allow other damage specs, but it’s inefficient by comparison. @asneakybanana notes that some specs can possibly put out more damage, but with soul harvest slotted the mageblade ulti gen is going to mean you’ve got your destro combo up more than the mDK, which is important in the burst meta we’re in for guild groups, and the Stam Warden can’t fit vicious death. If you’re trying to min/max group comp there’s just nothing a good as mageblade
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 27, 2017 3:57PM
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    For large scale PVP there is 0 reason to run any non-NB damage from a math standpoint. Some groups allow other damage specs, but it’s inefficient by comparison. @asneakybanana notes that some specs can possibly put out more damage, but with soul harvest slotted the mageblade ulti gen is going to mean you’ve got your destro combo up more than the mDK, which is important in the burst meta we’re in for guild groups, and the Stam Warden can’t fit vicious death. If you’re trying to min/max group comp there’s just nothing a good as mageblade

Soul harvest, while strong, is not the end all. Would a full mag dk or Stam warden raid be as strong as a NBs? No, but I also don't think full NB is the strongest group comp for damage, can definitely find a stronger comp with a balance of classes in DPS roles.
    Edited by asneakybanana on December 27, 2017 4:28PM
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats not true at all , a mag sorc can bomb almost as good as a mag nightblade, all you need is to time your Proxy with your destro and you need to drink and immovable pot(you can streak at people who run away from your destro). make sure to keep your mage wrath on low targets. One Gear set that will make or break a sorc bomb is VD (vicious death). VD helps the most because if you kill one person in a stack with mag wrath with VD, it can cause catastrophic dmg and can cause a chain reaction wipe if your destro is still active. If you dont believe me watch any Old Haxus video, when i was in that team most of their bombers were sorcs with VD and we used to bomb the HELL outta people. all you really need is to kill one person in a stack with VD, and it can change the tide of battle. I cant believe so many people think sorcs cant be bombers, have you forgotten HAXUS?
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nvm xD
    Edited by Master_Kas on December 27, 2017 9:23PM
    EU | PC
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only magenlade, nothing else. With a sorc you cant run 5+5+2 set because of no aoe skill, on a mageblade this is possible (dualwield swords vd) and spam sap essence. Also the passives are ansolut on mageblade side.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats not true at all , a mag sorc can bomb almost as good as a mag nightblade, all you need is to time your Proxy with your destro and you need to drink and immovable pot(you can streak at people who run away from your destro). make sure to keep your mage wrath on low targets. One Gear set that will make or break a sorc bomb is VD (vicious death). VD helps the most because if you kill one person in a stack with mag wrath with VD, it can cause catastrophic dmg and can cause a chain reaction wipe if your destro is still active. If you dont believe me watch any Old Haxus video, when i was in that team most of their bombers were sorcs with VD and we used to bomb the HELL outta people. all you really need is to kill one person in a stack with VD, and it can change the tide of battle. I cant believe so many people think sorcs cant be bombers, have you forgotten HAXUS?

Yeh the old days were cool before destro was nerfed heavily any class could use it with good effect.
    Since they nerfed the dmg it now favours NB and DK for destro specifically.
    If i had to rank them i would go:
    NB > DK > Warden/Sorc/Templar

NB passives are extremely strong when it comes to bombing, combine this with their mobility and ulti regen its why they are considered the best. All classes can do comparable damage if you have a good player playing them but NB is the easiest and most reliable for back to back ultis.

For most groups this makes no difference (if your engagement lasts for just 1 ulti).
    For groups fighting heavily outnumbered in long drawn out fights the reliability of NB to cycle ultis is difficult to pass up.

Basically depends on how survivable your group is when considering which class is the best for you.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @asneakybanana I’m assuming that you’re saying adding a stamden or 2 is superior to all mageblade because of the debuff? I’m looking at class passives and from a pure numbers standpoint there’s nothing close to mageblade.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @asneakybanana I’m assuming that you’re saying adding a stamden or 2 is superior to all mageblade because of the debuff? I’m looking at class passives and from a pure numbers standpoint there’s nothing close to mageblade.

I'm saying that having 5 or 6 nb and the a couple dks or wardens will be better than having 8 nbs.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm saying that having 5 or 6 nb and the a couple dks or wardens will be better than having 8 nbs.

Interesting, I’m certain you’re right and there’s something I’m not seeing. However, would you be willing to elaborate? I can see the stam warden appeal and I’m guessing mDK is for leaps?
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, I’m certain you’re right and there’s something I’m not seeing. However, would you be willing to elaborate? I can see the stam warden appeal and I’m guessing mDK is for leaps?

Mdk runs destro. And it's mainly just because those classes can pick up where nightblade lacks for group.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    for min/max purposes I think magblades are probably the best but since you just need proxy, destro ult and VD any magicka class can pull this off.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag NB is by far the strongest. MagSorc is the next best in terms of actual effectiveness, IMO, because of their heavy CC, Fury and Curse KB-snatching, and escape/engage capabilities with Streak.

I really wouldn't want to take a bomber on a class other than those two in group if I was leading, but if I had to rank the last three classes, I might give a slight edge to Warden, since they're the best of the three remaining classes in terms of movement (being able to get your bomb where it needs to be when it needs to be there), even if DK is technically more damage output. TBH none of them are ideal though, the gap between NB/Sorc and the rest is pretty significant.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion