Choice for Narsis Dren at the end of Ancestral Adversity in Vvardenfell (SPOILERS)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have pretty much finished the quest using the nice option, though I suspect he will show up later in the game being his usual lying and degrading sack of crap. So how many of you resisted the urge to put him in his place this time? (If so did you regret it?)

I picked on him in the closed beta, this is my first run through on live. Curious if anyone else just didn't feel like kicking him around this appearance.
Edited by tinythinker on December 28, 2017 2:46PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this

Choice for Narsis Dren at the end of Ancestral Adversity in Vvardenfell (SPOILERS) 50 votes

I did, I told him to put a spin on the disappointing finale to the tomb raiding
14%
hajzel888eb17_ESOashigrayplatypusscarljoklOrjixTelvanniWizardScrimblobimblito 7 votes
I didn't, I sent his obnoxious bum down that well
86%
ketapillar_ESOArizona_SteveWhiteCoatSyndromeHrogunthomas1970b16_ESODaGhostDSMagdalinaRavenSwornhondelinkStreegaLatiosElf_BoyDarkonflare15paulsimonpsMadamovaApheriusLarianaLuigi_VampaShadow_AkulaMattT1988 43 votes
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played that through on 3 characters and pushed him down the well on all 3.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, I went with the 'nice' ending for the Wrothgar quest he was in...and as far as I could tell (having only done both quests on one character) he was acting as though I'd locked him in the sarcophagus instead anyway. :/ So I didn't see a point in being nice this time if the game is going to ignore the nice option anyway.

It does raise the question though...why IS there a well in that tomb in the first place? It's not like the Dunmer interred there would need a drink...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, I went with the 'nice' ending for the Wrothgar quest he was in...and as far as I could tell (having only done both quests on one character) he was acting as though I'd locked him in the sarcophagus instead anyway. :/ So I didn't see a point in being nice this time if the game is going to ignore the nice option anyway.

It does raise the question though...why IS there a well in that tomb in the first place? It's not like the Dunmer interred there would need a drink...

I was going to be nice in Wrothgar the first time I met him, but then he was standing outside bragging and lying and making me sound like a sap so I canceled the quest, restarted it, and locked him in the tomb.

This time he just says I'm great and runs off, leaving his admirer outside to pay me. But I get the feeling he will show up in Vivec City or something pulling the same crap again as Wrothgar.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish you could do even worse to him but I get why you can't. They keep him around to be the token annoying character, but a intentionally annoying character is still annoying.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also spend quite some time electrocuting him by deliberately pressing the wrong buttons when he's trapped behind those doors. It's fun to here him squeal and whine.
    PC EU
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have pretty much finished the quest using the nice option, though I suspect he will show up later in the game being his usual lying and degrading sack of crap. So how many of you resisted the urge to put him in his place this time? (If so did you regret it?)

I picked on him in the closed beta, this is my first run through on live. Curious if anyone else just didn't feel like kicking him around this appearance.

the only thought was "how about his cuty near entrance?"
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most satisfying quest in whole Vvardenfell. I also made sure to intentionally press the wrong pads a few dozen times in a row during the quest just to listen to his "Ow! I swear you're doing this on purpose! AHHH"...why yes OF COURSE I was doing it on purpose! >:)

He got out of that sarcophagus in Wrothgar though, I'm sure he'll get out of the well too, but serves him right anyway.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Most satisfying quest in whole Vvardenfell. I also made sure to intentionally press the wrong pads a few dozen times in a row during the quest just to listen to his "Ow! I swear you're doing this on purpose! AHHH"...why yes OF COURSE I was doing it on purpose! >:)

He got out of that sarcophagus in Wrothgar though, I'm sure he'll get out of the well too, but serves him right anyway.

Narsis does get out and shows up at the ceremony at the end, (justifiably) salty. I think he says that he won't put you in his novel's account of the tomb exploration... like he was going to anyway.

I'm not asking to kill him or anything, and due to the nature of the game he'll probably never change significantly, but maybe one of these times he'll get the wake-up call he clearly needs.
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Only way to go.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narsis does get out and shows up at the ceremony at the end, (justifiably) salty. I think he says that he won't put you in his novel's account of the tomb exploration... like he was going to anyway.

Now I'm curious what he does if you don't lock him in. Note to self: find out during the next PTS cycle while I wait for the group finder to pop.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • navra1ub17_ESO
    Ancestral Adversity is still broken. I cannot believe that the devs cannot or will not fix this quest. From the previous posts it has been broken since May 2017!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancestral Adversity is still broken. I cannot believe that the devs cannot or will not fix this quest. From the previous posts it has been broken since May 2017!

I did it in December on PC. But there may be bugs that don't trigger for everyone.

• LylleatheBlue
    LylleatheBlue
    Soul Shriven
    I just managed to finish it, but I had the game crash repeatedly on me while trying to get the floor puzzle started. Trick to that seemed to be log in, talk to Mr. Annoying, immediately start walking the puzzle. If I used either hint in the room first, the game would freeze as soon as I tried to walk onto the blocks.

And yes, Annoying is now down in the well. Here's hoping no Lassie comes to save him!
    "You aren't allowed to look confused yet. We haven't started physics." - a quote from my physics 216 professor, who'll deny she said it till her dying day.
    "Where's the healer?"
    "Over there mining."
    "Gorram it, why did we recruit a priest who's completely incapable of leaving a mining node behind?"'
    "Because she bubbles and melts face like a champ."
    ->Guild convo between raid while waiting for me to show for one of the Cataclysm raids
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I did, I told him to put a spin on the disappointing finale to the tomb raiding
    I am feeling like the only person who didn't push him down the well. It wasn't in character for the player I was playing on.

I have alts divided into "good" and "bad" who will pick options accordingly. I can push him down the well on an evil alt.

It isn't that he doesn't deserve it but that just isn't the way I would expect my main to behave.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade