Please refresh your browser cache if you are having problems signing in.

Anomalies: reduce respawn rate and/or add dailies and nice drops for them

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Group content with limited viability (no good drops, no daily quest, only useful for one-time quests) and long respawn timers don't make any sense. All three boss types in Craglorn are the same fight at six locations. Eventually with CP, experience, and good sets they can mostly be soloed but as group content make it worth it.

I remember when people used to farm anomalies religiously after Craglorn dropped but that was a long time ago, the long timers aren't needed if the events aren't going to be made more rewarding. Or better yet, add dailies and nice drops to make the zone more fun.

Thank you. :smile:
Edited by tinythinker on December 23, 2017 9:02PM
Before posting or commenting:

1. Remember that other actual living people who make or play this game are reading what you write. Would you really say the same thing to their face with your real life friends and family watching? If you were in a public space with a microphone?
2. Consider your motivation for what you are typing and the kind of reaction you are aiming for. Are you trying to help someone? Share an idea? Create something fun or start a game? Trying to "look cool" in a junior high kind of way? Something else? If someone else brings their baggage or assumptions to what you write, that is on them. If your goal is to be disrespectful or disruptive, that is on you.
3. Don't be quick to judge the motivation for what others are writing. Don't assume it is negative or toxic, unless the evidence is overwhelming. It's easy to bring assumptions into things and impute motives that aren't there. It's also easy to be moralistic: judging comments, ideas, and concerns raised by your standards of how other people "ought to be" and by extension the value of their views or suggestions ("If people can't be bothered to X...", "Well, Y was good enough for me...", "Anyone who wants Z is..."). Moralistic judgements are highly flammable -- use sparingly, thoughtfully, and carefully.
4.Keep in mind that unless we are talking about human rights, life and death, real world hardships, actual fraud or theft, and so on then there isn't a need to get outraged and combative. If you need an outlet for distributing unused "craps" in your life, please check current events in the news and take some positive action to make things better. Give those extra craps to something worthwhile. You don't need to spend that many here.
5. Don't be annoying. Don't be easily annoyed. This covers #1-#4 and is easier to remember.

These are meant as reminders for me, but feel free to borrow them for yourself.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People used to farm them for XP, not gear. They've never been really "rewarding" in any sense other than the fact that they used to give a lot more XP.

And yes, while good players can certainly solo them, they're still a decent challenge for the vast majority of players.

I agree that they could use an upgrade ...
    smile.gif
    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    People used to farm them for XP, not gear. They've never been really "rewarding" in any sense other than the fact that they used to give a lot more XP.

And yes, while good players can certainly solo them, they're still a decent challenge for the vast majority of players.

I agree that they could use an upgrade ...
    smile.gif

Yes I know they farmed them for XP, I was in the zone, but I was farming the Shadow boss instead :wink: . But now, they sit there unused most of the time unless someone is doing "The Shattered and the Lost" quest, which fewer people have reason to do since it was removed from the required quests for the main story in lower Craglorn.

The cheap/quick answer is lower the respawn rates.

The better answer is add a daily quest giver for the mines, the anomalies, and the burials with a nice quest reward container with desirable stuff (gear, motifs, crafting supplies, something else).

It would make Craglorn much more like Orsinium. They could also add a delve daily (also like Orsinium).

It's a nice zone with great aesthetics, but it doesn't have much to offer for repeatable content in the overland map.
    Before posting or commenting:

1. Remember that other actual living people who make or play this game are reading what you write. Would you really say the same thing to their face with your real life friends and family watching? If you were in a public space with a microphone?
    2. Consider your motivation for what you are typing and the kind of reaction you are aiming for. Are you trying to help someone? Share an idea? Create something fun or start a game? Trying to "look cool" in a junior high kind of way? Something else? If someone else brings their baggage or assumptions to what you write, that is on them. If your goal is to be disrespectful or disruptive, that is on you.
    3. Don't be quick to judge the motivation for what others are writing. Don't assume it is negative or toxic, unless the evidence is overwhelming. It's easy to bring assumptions into things and impute motives that aren't there. It's also easy to be moralistic: judging comments, ideas, and concerns raised by your standards of how other people "ought to be" and by extension the value of their views or suggestions ("If people can't be bothered to X...", "Well, Y was good enough for me...", "Anyone who wants Z is..."). Moralistic judgements are highly flammable -- use sparingly, thoughtfully, and carefully.
    4.Keep in mind that unless we are talking about human rights, life and death, real world hardships, actual fraud or theft, and so on then there isn't a need to get outraged and combative. If you need an outlet for distributing unused "craps" in your life, please check current events in the news and take some positive action to make things better. Give those extra craps to something worthwhile. You don't need to spend that many here.
    5. Don't be annoying. Don't be easily annoyed. This covers #1-#4 and is easier to remember.

These are meant as reminders for me, but feel free to borrow them for yourself.